Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to and from Dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2013 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys,
    Was wondering if anyone has any experience in commuting to and from Dublin every day and could offer some advice. I'm living in cashel and will be starting in harcourt street for 9 every mornin, does anyone know which route I need to take, the train times etc. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you can get yourself to Thurles, you can get the first train to Dublin. That'll get you into Heuston for just past 8am. It'll be a bit awkward for you to get to Harcourt Street from Heuston. The 145 will drop you at the end of Grafton street and from there it's a 10 minute walk to Harcourt Street.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You can get the Luas from Heuston Station to Jervis St, then its a 15-20min minute walk from there to Harcourt St is probably ur best bet.

It's through the city centre, Temple Bar, Grafton St and then across Stephens Green, so it will be fairly sheltered from the elements except when crossing the Liffey on the Millennium Foot Bridge.

You can get an annual travel ticket that should cover the train and the luas.
    Think its about €1900 per year but that's a big saving

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maireadcsy

thanks a mil for all the advice guys. I dont want to arrive into work all sweaty after walking for ages into work so the easiest way i can get there. my employer provides a taxsaver scheme can anyone advise as to which one of these ill need? im useless at new thing and nervous as hell! be a little tipperary girl in the big smoke lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Jesus that's a brutal commute. You must love your job and house.

• Advertisement

has to be done unfortunately, have a daughter and shes settled in school, would have to think very hard about moving to dublin full time. I intend to do it for a few months until I decide whats best for us as a family, whether that be we all eventually move or i spend a few nights and rent a room:)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Hittheroad.ie is a great website to find our routes and public transport links once in the city. I found it handy if you missed the bus you were planning to take and need to find a different bus to get you there.

ToxicPaddy is right about most of the route being sheltered apart from crossing the liffey. The amount of umbrella's that "died" on me while walking across there is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Try getthere.ie too ! Has all the public transport routes but car sharing there too !

Advertisement