Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies - Nov 18th, Olympia Theatre

Options
  • 01-07-2013 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Seems to be part of a new European tour to support their new single.

Considering they toured the Doolittle 20th Anniversary shows for 3 years, we'll probably get to see them here again soon after.

In saying that, I do like Bagboy, its a grower

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

On sale at 9am this morning from TM

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

On sale at 9am this morning from TM

Sweet, got some nice seats for that

Sweet, got some nice seats for that

Went with standing myself

No Kim Deal though unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Was very confused when I heard about this. No Kim = No Pixies surely :( Any word of a replacement?

Was very confused when I heard about this. No Kim = No Pixies surely :( Any word of a replacement?

From the link above, Kim Shattuck apparantly

Standing tickets appear to be gone already..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

No Kim.....No Deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Got one. Woo. I know its without Kim Deal but i missed the last time they played

Looks like its completely sold out now

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Looks like its completely sold out now

Looks like a 2nd date has been added on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wow, unusual for gig to be announced when tickets go on sale straight away. Completely missed the first night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Anybody know when the second night is on sale, no times on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Tickets for 19th are on sale now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I managed to get tickets for the 2nd night just now. What a feckin nice surprise for a Monday afternoon!

I have seen them a few times since the early 90s, the last time was when they supported the RHCP in the Phoenix park.
    Seeing them again in a small venue like the Olympia is going to be great, cant wait already!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Standing tickets are sold out for the 2nd night but I did manage to get one for the circle. Should be good even though it's a shame that Kim won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

That one really came out of the blue (or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention). Hopefully they'll do a third date for us poor sods who missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

wtf. just seeing this now. totally missed out. totally bummed out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Plans for the tour taken from their website:
    For this tour, which will feature a brand new stage set and production, the Pixies - Black Francis - guitar/vocals, Joey Santiago - guitars/backing vocals, and David Lovering - drums/backing vocals - will be joined by bassist Kim Shattuck. Shattuck played bass for the all-girl L.A. garage rock band The Pandoras, and then was the guitarist for the pop punk band The Muffs. The four have been holed up in an L.A. rehearsal space getting ready to offer the most wide-ranging concert set-lists of Pixies music in the band's career.

"Along with everyone's favorites, we'll be playing songs that we haven't played in ages or never played live before," said Black Francis. "Songs like 'Brick is Red,' 'Havalina,' 'Tony's Theme.' and 'Sad Punk.' We've probably rehearsed some 80 songs, so we'll be able to change up the set at the last minute if we feel like it. We're all really looking forward to this tour."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Genuine fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm going to they might be giants gig in the sane night. Might pop long afterwards, is there a bar in The Olympia that you can get into if not going to the gig withany chance of even remotely hearing them from there? (I presume not...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm going to they might be giants gig in the sane night. Might pop long afterwards, is there a bar in The Olympia that you can get into if not going to the gig withany chance of even remotely hearing them from there? (I presume not...)

You can't get into the Olympia bar without a ticket. Best bet would be to go down the alley beside Brogans where the entrance to the circle and upper circle is but I doubt it'll be very listenable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Managed to get tickets to the Tuesday night,anyone recommend a decent late bar to go to after the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bowies in Space

Hi everyone,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone know what time they'll be onstage?

Website says 19:30 but presume support etc.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they'll be onstage?

Website says 19:30 but presume support etc.

For Olympia gigs they're usually updated here a bit closer to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

c

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Could be gone already though

''If you missed out on a PIXIES ticket a VERY LIMITED number of production holds have just been released for tonight and tomorrow night over on www.ticketmaster.ie

Two nights at the Olympia Theatre for two very special shows!''

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

CiaranK wrote: »
    Could be gone already though

''If you missed out on a PIXIES ticket a VERY LIMITED number of production holds have just been released for tonight and tomorrow night over on www.ticketmaster.ie

Two nights at the Olympia Theatre for two very special shows!''

ugh, i knew i should have checked today!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

might have a spare for tues. will post on here later if i do. but you must be able to meet at the olympia no later than 7.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

might have a spare for tues. will post on here later if i do. but you must be able to meet at the olympia no later than 7.30

Is it a standing ticket?

Advertisement