Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who can repair my car.

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hello guys and gals.
    i bought a second hand car about 6 months back. its started not starting basically.
    anyone know of a good car repair place near the city centre preferably that wont **** me over or muck me about, even if im english??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I found Cardock on Lombard Street to be really good and really competitive on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

hello guys and gals.
    i bought a second hand car about 6 months back. its started not starting basically.
    anyone know of a good car repair place near the city centre preferably that wont **** me over or muck me about, even if im english??

Hi op, if you ask on the motors forum you should get some useful answers, a helpful bunch over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

hello guys and gals.

Lol, it's not 1969! You'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 flackattacker

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Lol, it's not 1969! You'll be grand!

im certainly not grand with the dealership i bought it from who screwed me over in numerous ways when i needed their help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 harrysawyer

Hey why don't you search on Google?there will be lots of options?

• Advertisement

Hey why don't you search on Google?there will be lots of options?

its the lots of options im worried about. i want a place that people have had good experiences with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

its the lots of options im worried about. i want a place that people have had good experiences with.

I did recommend a place in your first reply. You're welcome!

athtrasna wrote: »
    I did recommend a place in your first reply. You're welcome!

oh yeah thank you very much for that. iv now asked in the motoring section aswell, il try to get a consensus from them lot but yes i may well go to the one you recommended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bluefang

Hi Flackattacker,

I'm a home mechanic and I would be very surprised if it not a faulty battery that is causing you problems.
    Easy to replace with basic tools (usually a 10 mm spanner for the + & - terminals and a 10mm socket for the battery retaining clip.
    E70 approx at most good motor factor shops (consort, southside spares etc).

Don't think the battery must be ok just because indicators etc work - lead acid batteries are used because it takes a very large current to crank a starter motor, defective lead acid batteries are unable to deliver this very high current.

Best of luck.

Bluefang wrote: »
    Hi Flackattacker,

I'm a home mechanic and I would be very surprised if it not a faulty battery that is causing you problems.
    Easy to replace with basic tools (usually a 10 mm spanner for the + & - terminals and a 10mm socket for the battery retaining clip.
    E70 approx at most good motor factor shops (consort, southside spares etc).

Don't think the battery must be ok just because indicators etc work - lead acid batteries are used because it takes a very large current to crank a starter motor, defective lead acid batteries are unable to deliver this very high current.

Best of luck.

thank you very much for that. the engine is just goin gdeheheheheheh without starting. is the battery usually to blame in these cases? im not sure, it did the same thing once before and the guy who got it working said the engine was flooded but he worked for the dealership that i bought the car from so it could well be bs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

hello guys and gals.

I've used this guy, Dennis from DC Motors, always found him to be good value, fair and competent. Not exactly city centre but depending on which side of the city centre you are may be handy.

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/dc-motors-dublin

ok everyone thank you for all your comments. my car now moves once more :)

Advertisement