Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IR35 in Ireland

• 01-07-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am thinking about contracting (I'm in IT) and would like to set up my own ltd company but from what I've read, this isn't allowed any more as I'd be a one man band company and it's seen as tax avoidance, which I obviously don't want to be doing. I also don't really want to go with an umbrella company though as I'd like to do everything myself.

Does anyone know what the situation is here in Ireland ??

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

There is no equivalent IR35 tax legislation here in Ireland however it would depend on where the centre of management of the company is to determine whether the company is resident in the UK or in Ireland and not necessarily where the company is incorporated.

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean4444

Great thanks for the info!

Cheers

Advertisement