Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mucky Duck Celbridge closed?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whats happening with the Mucky Duck in Celbridge? I heard NAMA went in on Friday night and took everything out. Is it closed for good? I had a fantastic steak on the stone there on Thursday night - is that to be my last one:eek:

http://www.muckyduck.ie/ is down too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It's closed all right, which is a pity (decent enough place, with friendly staff, and good food).

It's unlikely to be NAMA, however. It would be rare for them to close the place (especially when it's trading pretty well, and would probably be fine was it not for being crippled by millions in debt).

It looks more like the actions of a sheriff. Whether he's there on foot of a court judgement against them (creditors / 3rd parties), or under instruction from Revenue (would only be in the case of serious issues, or complete lack of co-operation; and would be a step of last resort for Revenue), I wouldn't know.

Here's hoping it'll re-open quickly, as most of the staff in there were actually very friendly. If not, I hope they get re-employed quickly. There's a few bars in Celbridge that would do well to snap a few of those lads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thread title edited, for clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Revenue have moved in on carberrys bar in dunshaughlin, a pub along with the mucky duck in the Peter's group. I believe there are 6 pubs in this group but haven't heard about any others closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The owners cleared the place out before Nama took it over.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That's a shame. I remember having many a nice al fresco pint in the sunshine at the Mucky Duck in years gone by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 billy87

will miss the steak on a stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Any sign of this re-opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

The bar ( only ) is now open again.

But I imagine it will be some time before food is ever served , I heard the owner ripped the kitchen out as he stripped the place before who ever it was who came in .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I heard the owner ripped the kitchen out as he stripped the place before who ever it was who came in .

Dammit, I've got a serious yearning for Steak on the stone now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paul in celbridge

Yes, the bar is open, I have been in. One of the former bar staff told me it will be a few more weeks before the lounge opens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

lounge is back open now

Lounge is open but not kitchen so no food yet and not all the TVs are back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Joe Public wrote: »
    The owners cleared the place out before Nama took it over.

Making it harder to re-open the place and give the staff back their old jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Glad to hear the lounge is back open, how long until they get a new kitchen and start serving their famous steak on a stone again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Any word on food being served again.

There is a carvery some days till 6pm but no evening food and no steak on stone. No news on when (or if) the full menu will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Hi All,

Any idea if the lounge is back serving food in the evenings?

ladysaint wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any idea if the lounge is back serving food in the evenings?

Was in today.
    Carvery till 3pm, and all day Sunday.
    Ala carte Thur-Sat 4-9pm
    So nothing after 3 Mon-Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭brian_t

According to the Liffey Champion The Mucky Duck has been sold for €1.1million.

Wetherspoons have denied they bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paddythe goat

all the rumours in recent weeks seem to be true..the peters bros out of nama, after long fight, good to see them back in the ring, well done to all....

am told they are in celbridge with paint buckets all open, and all new gear going back in, after depressing bank boys and their closed pockets.

investment will now happen, and hopefully within days,weeks, and months, all super food will return and best drinks and atmosphere,
    wish all the gang best of luck, has to be good for jobs and craic in celbridge area................
    welcome back mr duck, we all missed you..................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

all the rumours in recent weeks seem to be true..the peters bros out of nama, after long fight, good to see them back in the ring, well done to all....

am told they are in celbridge with paint buckets all open, and all new gear going back in, after depressing bank boys and their closed pockets.

investment will now happen, and hopefully within days,weeks, and months, all super food will return and best drinks and atmosphere,
    wish all the gang best of luck, has to be good for jobs and craic in celbridge area................
    welcome back mr duck, we all missed you..................................

Good stuff, that is great news. Spent many a night in the duck during my youth.
    Would love to see it back to its former glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Good stuff, that is great news. Spent many a night in the duck during my youth.
    Would love to see it back to its former glory.
    Is it still going by the same name?
    I saw some signage going up today, the shop front really looks well, maybe it's a perfect time for a name change.
    The Mucky Duck sounds a bit old-fashioned now

Someone must have been reading this thread
    "The Duck"

was there today..saw new signs going up.....the duck up in big brand new letters..........spoke to owners, nice to see them back out of nama....food will be back as soon as new kitchen is installed....

nama or liquidatiors did not spend a sausage, while they ran the show, only interest was cash....as much as they could plunder while peters boys were in trouble.............they would not hire staff, nor would they employ chefs on monday or tuesday......nor would they keep machines up to date.....so bottom line pub is in a mess, and needs lots of tlc, to bring it back to former self....

good news peters family have got their act together, with new banks or venture funds or whoever, and now wheels will roll again....give them few more weeks to have full team togged out and ready to roll....

good to see pub back in family hands and standards will rise again real soon, i hope, car park getting make over as well....all welcome....celbridge needs the duck back as before........................

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

was there today..saw new signs going up.....the duck up in big brand new letters..........spoke to owners, nice to see them back out of nama....food will be back as soon as new kitchen is installed....

nama or liquidatiors did not spend a sausage, while they ran the show, only interest was cash....as much as they could plunder while peters boys were in trouble.............they would not hire staff, nor would they employ chefs on monday or tuesday......nor would they keep machines up to date.....so bottom line pub is in a mess, and needs lots of tlc, to bring it back to former self....

good news peters family have got their act together, with new banks or venture funds or whoever, and now wheels will roll again....give them few more weeks to have full team togged out and ready to roll....

good to see pub back in family hands and standards will rise again real soon, i hope, car park getting make over as well....all welcome....celbridge needs the duck back as before........................

It's been a long time coming but are we about to see the return of the legendary 'Steak on the stone'?

Are you on ......... commission? :-)

yea....

Advertisement