Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finder's fee

Options
  • 01-07-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all

New'sh to Boards and new to this forum.

I did a search for "finder's fees" and couldn't find anything relevant to my question.

I have been asked by a client to help them find a contract manufacturing site for some specific types of pharmaceutical products. They also want to develop some (generic) drugs and are looking for partners for this.

I am in the pharmaceutical industry and know a lot of manufacturers as well as developers in the EU and outside the EU. This is not my primary area of business, but it's something that I get asked for quite a bit.

I did a general Google search on finder's fees in Europe but mostly I am getting returns from US sites.

I know that I pay a finder's fee to someone who introduces me to clients, and I want to find out other's experiences with respect to paying finder's fees. Is it usual in Europe? Does anyone have any ballpark figures for what you would expect to pay?

Anything else I should know?
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

It would depend on a huge variety of factors including the amount of work involved or the size of the opportunity, however, there is no such thing as a scale of fees. Ask them how much they are prepared to pay and to specify exactly what they want you to do in terms of assessing/evaluating the targets. You might also have a top up "success" bonus if they proceed with one of your introductions. Basically it is all about negotiating a deal that makes both you and them happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Thanks Peter. That says to me that it is common enough here and now it's just a matter of negotiation (like everything!)

Advertisement