Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's a tomb raider game in name only really, a bit of fun but nothing amazing, easily cleared in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll give that a go, should've been the first thing i did :o. Thanks.

I can see it might be enjoyable, but the farthest I've got is only about 5 minutes into the game. Wouldn't be mad about it, definitely can't see it as the 'best tomb raider game ever'.. :)
    In fairness, they were probably comparing it to other tomb raider games in the previous three to four years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Any ideas what next months 2 games are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Any ideas what next months 2 games are?

This eejit (sorry, can't really stand him) usually has it posted up on his blog.

http://majornelson.com/

I've never heard of GoL, so when I loaded it up the other day it took me by surprise that it's a Tomb Raider license with the mechanics of some zombie flash game I played ages ago (the game is on the tip of my tongue...can't place it!). At least it's free! I'd feel sorry for anyone who bought it.

PS+ got Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light. Just let that sink in for a bit! (rabble rabble rabble).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

This eejit (sorry, can't really stand him) usually has it posted up on his blog.

http://majornelson.com/

I've never head of GoL, so when I loaded it up the other day it took me by surprise that it's a Tomb Raider license with the mechanics of some zombie flash game I played ages ago (the game is on the tip of my tongue...can't place it!). At least it's free! I'd feel sorry for anyone who bought it.

PS+ got Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light. Just let that sink in for a bit! (rabble rabble rabble).

both have been out for a good while now
    stop comparing because it makes no difference anymore :pac:

and that tomb raider game is very enjoyable :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    both have been out for a good while now
    stop comparing because it makes no difference anymore :pac:

and that tomb raider game is very enjoyable :D

The irony of your username isn't lost on me! But you're right. It's like arguing which tastes better: chalk or cheese!

Ah, GoL will waste a few hours of an evening. Suppose it's either that or trying for the millionth time to 'practise' P4A!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

But you're right. It's like arguing which tastes better: chalk or cheese!

Very good :D

While comparing may not be everyone's cup of tea, it is good to highlight what a raw deal we seem to be getting, and who knows what could happen if enough people highlight that gulf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Very good :D

While comparing may not be everyone's cup of tea, it is good to highlight what a raw deal we seem to be getting, and who knows what could happen if enough people highlight that gulf.

Check you majornelson.com
    whenever he posts up the games for gold
    you see a couple of thousand of people comparing too the ps :P
    but too be far I think the most recent two have probly been the best so far haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It'd be great to see Gears of War Judgement, to celebrate the fact that microsoft have purchased the rights to the franchise. wishful thinking on my part I reckon.

It'd be great to see Gears of War Judgement, to celebrate the fact that microsoft have purchased the rights to the franchise. wishful thinking on my part I reckon.

No chance of such a recent AAA title. I'd be thinking a 2006 title and a 2011 arcade title that did poorly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Im gonna take a guess and say Lost Planet and some sort of arcade game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm wondering why the delay in in naming them, or am I imagining it to be later than normal?

I'm hoping it's a good reason. Better games than last month and maybe 3 instead of 2.. ;)

I can fantasise. :)

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm wondering why the delay in in naming them, or am I imagining it to be later than normal?

I'm hoping it's a good reason. Better games than last month and maybe 3 instead of 2.. ;)

I can fantasise. :)

It's usually announced 2 days before the end of the month so we'll probably know tomorrow

tim3000 wrote: »
    Im gonna take a guess and say Lost Planet and some sort of arcade game

Fingers crossed for shadow complex or splosion man for the arcade game

Splosion man for the arcade game

That's probably possible, its been on sale so much, its time to give it away free.

I got it for 160msp a few years back.

Not a fan, I dunno why, I just couldn't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

A lot of talk about Dead Island being February's game, I'd be happy with that

maximoose wrote: »
    A lot of talk about Dead Island being February's game, I'd be happy with that

I have already played it, and don't fancy going back to it, but its a good game to get for nothing if you haven't already got it.

played 15 minutes of Guardian of light last night - quite enjoyable actually -based on what i've seen, people should give it a download before it disappears.

played 15 minutes of Guardian of light last night - quite enjoyable actually -based on what i've seen, people should give it a download before it disappears.

It is grand as a freebie, definitely wouldn't recommend it (paid) to anyone though, the controls (more-so the jumping) get very very frustrating.

Indeed, grab it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I have already played it, and don't fancy going back to it, but its a good game to get for nothing if you haven't already got it.

wow, I found Dead Island to be great fun, especially when you got some of the over-powered weapon hacks. Great in multiplayer. No regrets about paying for it.

EDIT: sorry quoted wrong post initially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

have already got 1000G out of Dead Island so hoping it's not that. I thought the game started well and as the environment changed it became more and more mundane. The initial setting of the beach and the resort is the jewel in the crown. moving to the city and then the Jungle and onwards loses alot of the original appeal of the game.

it was grand a a multiplayer game and I played it with a consistent team week by week but found it too aimless and unfocused as a multiplayer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Have they announced free games for xbox one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have they announced free games for xbox one yet?

Seeing as there are only about 10 games released for it and they are 2 months old you won't see a XOne game for gold for at least a year.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Dead Island for February

you lucky bastids! Go for Logan as your character and eventually get the Mindblowing Military Knife weapon, plus Righteous Boomerang skill for ultimate head-exploding thrills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc1iqkGGG4g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Word of warning for anyone who plays and enjoys dead island ..... I did..... do not feel tempted to then go and get dead island riptide it's utter rubbish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

wexdevil wrote: »

Balls already own them. Toy Soldiers is quite enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Meh, already have both yet again.
    Not much of a 'bonus' or choice for anyone who bought games frequently since 360 launched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not much of a 'bonus' or choice for anyone who bought games frequently since 360 launched.

Same , an account region change might be in order..... this is loony toons stuff Dead Island isn't available in Germany because if it gets (can't recall what its called) rating then it can't be advertsed or shown anywhere minors might see it so Microsoft doesn't release those there, so they are getting Metro 2033 instead :D

Anyone who as played Metro or read the book will know why its crazy that Metro 2033 gets released in Germany and Dead Island doesn't :pac:

• Advertisement

Ditto, but most of the games I had were on disc rather than digital, so i'm actually enjoying getting them in digital format. Haven't actually put a disc in my xbox for more than 18 months now.

Advertisement