Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ah yeah, found it now, it was the GWG for the start of January 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, I couldn't understand why I already had it. It's not a game I'd ever buy, even in a massive sale, so it must have been that Games with Gold.

Same here, was just about to post and refreshed the page first, see I'm not the only one! I wonder if we'll see more of these in the future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Don't forget the free Kayne & Lynch character pack along with Lara Croft! :D

Can't post link atm, apologies! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Advertisement

Region locked !:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Region locked !:mad:

When you try to claim it or play it? I was able to get it yesterday. Havent played it yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

SuperS is in Taiwan or somewhere similar I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭ECookie13

d31b0y wrote: »
    SuperS is in Taiwan or somewhere similar I believe.

Sorry what?

GBX wrote: »
    When you try to claim it or play it? I was able to get it yesterday. Havent played it yet though

When I try to claim it, gives the old "try again later" message. Have never had an issue playing a region locked digital copy if I managed to download it through VPN, although I rarely bother to DL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1090278566116319234

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
    SUPER BOMBERMAN RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassins Creed Rogue
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

I'd been looking at Bomberman for ages, but never bought it because they were clearly taking the absolute **** with the pricing on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very happy with bomberman aswell. Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1090278566116319234

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
    SUPER BOMBERMAN RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassins Creed Rogue

I'd been looking at Bomberman for ages, but never bought it because they were clearly taking the absolute **** with the pricing on this.

is that bloodstained game essentially a demo for that new castlevania type thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

is that bloodstained game essentially a demo for that new castlevania type thing?

It is a reasonably short game that plays like the older Castlevania games and serves as a prequel to the main game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think the old Xbox Star Wars game is the best of the lot.

Rest all have mixed/average reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think the old Xbox Star Wars game is the best of the lot.

Rest all have mixed/average reviews.
    Xbox og backwards compatibility also disables rose tinted glasses.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Got rogue and ended up being charged €19.99 for it even though it's showing up as free with gold.
    Have contacted Microsoft about a refund but they're saying it's not eligible for a refund.

Any other ideas??

kkhornet wrote: »
    Got rogue and ended up being charged €19.99 for it even though it's showing up as free with gold.
    Have contacted Microsoft about a refund but they're saying it's not eligible for a refund.

Any other ideas??

That's bad, it is currently €15 for the Xbox One version.

Can't seem to buy it myself on http://xbox.com atm, says it's not available on Xbox One and to go to the website or use a 360 to purchase....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Any other ideas??

It's definitely free. Get back in touch with them, they gave me a refund for Assassin's Creed Unity so you should be fine.

• Advertisement

Any other ideas??

Give them a call again, it'll all depend on who you get on the phone, some people are super knowledgeable about their job, others...... not so much.

EDIT: Also, make sure to play up the current issues with Xbox Live, as that most likely had some effect on it. Pretty sure that's what's causing the issue that sniper_samurai is talking about.

Give them a call again, it'll all depend on who you get on the phone, some people are super knowledgeable about their job, others...... not so much.

EDIT: Also, make sure to play up the current issues with Xbox Live, as that most likely had some effect on it. Pretty sure that's what's causing the issue that sniper_samurai is talking about.

All I had done was send an email or refund request through the website after filtering through what felt like 100 different links.
    Any ideas of a general number to call because I just can't seem to grasp the Microsoft site

Yeah, they're usually better with the phone, chatting to an actual person.

Go here, then click "Show Contact Options", and you can request a call then. Even the chat could work, they're also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Any other ideas??

What is your region set to?

ZiabR wrote: »
    What is your region set to?

Set to Ireland. Never change it to anything else

SUPER BOMBERMAN R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, I'm still excited about this. It's not the same without a multitap and 5 people huddled around an old hand-me-down CRT, but still....)

SUPER BOMBERMAN R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, I'm still excited about this. It's not the same without a multitap and 5 people huddled around an old hand-me-down CRT, but still....)

Better than being huddled around a Switch. Great fun in multiplayer, game is garbage in single player. I remember when Bomberman games had a reasonable single player mode.

GwG are up for March

Xbox One
    1st - 31st March Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
    16th March - 15th April Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2

Xbox 360
    1st - 15th March Star Wars: Republic Commando
    16th - 31st March Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

https://majornelson.com/2019/02/27/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-march-2019/

• Love revengance, looking forward to seeing how the one x helps with it's performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Glad to see metal gear, I've lost count of the times I'd nearly bought it in sales

Advertisement