Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Love revengance, looking forward to seeing how the one x helps with it's performance

You recommend a play-through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The March 1st games are available to download right now.

Sorry, I can't link them, as in work :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cheers... getting adventure time now.

Adventure time isn't bad. Not sure what I was expecting as I'm not familiar with the series but it's a turn based adventure. Voice acting will be instantly familiar to anyone who has seen Futurama etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Adventure time isn't bad. Not sure what I was expecting as I'm not familiar with the series but it's a turn based adventure. Voice acting will be instantly familiar to anyone who has seen Futurama etc.
    ...or played Gears of War

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The review for star wars republic commando are excellent.....i gave it a go...its kind of useless to be honest, very clunky I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

gmisk wrote: »
    The review for star wars republic commando are excellent.....i gave it a go...its kind of useless to be honest, very clunky I thought.

Well they were probably comparing it to games also released back then, for that generation of systems. I quite like it, but it is a bit dated, unsurprisingly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Where has the Games for Gold link gone on XBOX? Always used to be on main screen, can't find anywhere now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

kleefarr wrote: »
    Where has the Games for Gold link gone on XBOX? Always used to be on main screen, can't find anywhere now?

Check your "Memberships" in the Game/Apps screen. Or if the "Xbox Game Pass" ad widget is on the main screen, that seems to be the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

xckjoo wrote: »
    Check your "Memberships" in the Game/Apps screen. Or if the "Xbox Game Pass" ad widget is on the main screen, that seems to be the same thing.

Cheers man! 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well they were probably comparing it to games also released back then, for that generation of systems. I quite like it, but it is a bit dated, unsurprisingly.

It was a brilliant game in its day, but it's for the original Xbox so it's probably 15 years old....probably has aged better on PC.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Cheers man! 😉

No worries. I had the same issue until my son showed me how to find it. Officially old I guess :pac:

• ZiabR wrote: »
    You recommend a play-through?

Absolutely, it's made by PlatinumGames so if you like Bayonetta, DMC ect you will enjoy it

Over the top action all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

the selection is getting worse ……

Pah ………….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

greenspurs wrote: »
    the selection is getting worse ……

Pah ………….

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ZiabR wrote: »
    Huh?

gold....

selection is terrible !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mid-month games are here :)

PvZ GW2

MGR: Revengeance

MGR also has 2 free add-ons
    Blade Wolf
    Jetstream

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

so i signed up to live using a 14 day code there a few days ago and not all of the games for gold are coming up as free for me.

metal gear rising is coming up at 19.99 and last month the starwars xbox original game had to be paid for so i didnt get it

anybody know why this is the only reason i put in the live code was to be able to download mgr for free.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You don't get access to games with hold with the 14 day free trial as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

I am getting them all except one though.

bitburger wrote: »
    I am getting them all except one though.

You shouldn't be getting any with a short term code so the real question is why are you getting those :pac:

Check out the MS Rewards stuff for free Gold if you don't want to buy it. Check a few websites every day and you have enough for Gold after a few months. Buying games through the store contributes too so can get you to Gold faster. Don't bother with the sweepstakes things.

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1110557744027713536

Technomancer
    Outcast: Second Contact
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (the xbox one, not the xbox one one........)
    Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfighter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1110557744027713536

Technomancer
    Outcast: Second Contact
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (the xbox one, not the xbox one one........)
    Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfighter

Not the best but loved battlefront 2 back in the day, constantly thought about buying technomancer when it was on sale lucky I didn't, don't know much about outcast, looking at the cover art kinda had a battle royal feel but I could bbe completely wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That metal gear game is class! Thanks for posting about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hococop wrote: »
    Not the best but loved battlefront 2 back in the day, constantly thought about buying technomancer when it was on sale lucky I didn't, don't know much about outcast, looking at the cover art kinda had a battle royal feel but I could bbe completely wrong

Outcast 1 was kind of an open world exploration game with light action elements, I'm struggling to think of something I'd compare it to, At the time it had big environments that you didnt see a lot of back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Outcast 1 was kind of an open world exploration game with light action elements, I'm struggling to think of something I'd compare it to, At the time it had big environments that you didnt see a lot of back then.

A toned down just cause?

Hococop wrote: »
    A toned down just cause?

not really, video below gives a better idea

Outcast was one of the first big games to feature "voxels", allowing more natural looking landscapes than any other game at the time. The trouble was that voxels couldn't be hardware accelerated in the same way as polygons, so they never really caught on.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Outcast was one of the first big games to feature "voxels", allowing more natural looking landscapes than any other game at the time. The trouble was that voxels couldn't be hardware accelerated in the same way as polygons, so they never really caught on.

I rememeber beign blown away by 2 particular titles back in the days where a 133mhz pc was cutting edge, Delta Force, and Comanche attack helicopter.

Ah, the memories.

Advertisement