Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

hard drive space is a constant battle for me at this stage. I need to finish up some of the games on the HDD and delete em to keep my space in anyway usable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had a look at the link for one of those games and it said it was €/£15? How are they free ?? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

GBX wrote: »
    I had a look at the link for one of those games and it said it was €/£15? How are they free ?? :/

When you load them from the Xbox dashboard they'll show up as free, providing you have a gold subscription

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Which one did you look at???? They are only free for 2 week periods, the free one is now dead island.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Dead-Island/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024b4d07df you have to be logged in and have a gold sub for it to show as free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

^^^
    He may have looked before the 1st.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Which one did you look at???? They are only free for 2 week periods, the free one is now dead island.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Dead-Island/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024b4d07df you have to be logged in and have a gold sub for it to show as free

Yeah I signed in and still came up at $19.99 ... is it down to regions?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah I signed in and still came up at $19.99 ... is it down to regions?? :confused:

Just downloaded it for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If you click http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Dead-Island/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024b4d07df?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

You should see this
    FlIEJAX.jpg

If not, Click on this (From your original screengrab)
    U73mMd0.jpg

Sorted now .. thanks

So is this restricted to the 360?.

I thought I heard that this was coming to the Xbox1 after Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So is this restricted to the 360?.

I thought I heard that this was coming to the Xbox1 after Xmas.

Yep it is coming to the xbox one 'later in the new year' was what they said. So they have to expand out the library of games first probably April-June timeframe or so after the first lot of ID@Xbox games arrive and there are a few more big games for the system.

if they started now, they'd have given away every launch game before any other games are available for the system yet.

All the time, it still fits the 'later in the new year' they announced.

[EDIT] Head of Microsoft Studios, Phil Spencer, has added that " Answer to this will be coming fairly soon." on Twitter. So, it might be sooner than my original cynical post ... that we get Ryse and LocoCycle as the free games (Darn it, sorry, that was cynical too).
    URL="http://www.totalxbox.com/70512/more-info-on-xbox-ones-free-games-with-gold-program-coming-soon/"]Link[/URL

Yep it is coming to the xbox one 'later in the new year' was what they said. So they have to expand out the library of games first probably April-June timeframe or so after the first lot of ID@Xbox games arrive and there are a few more big games for the system.

if they started now, they'd have given away every launch game before any other games are available for the system yet.

All the time, it still fits the 'later in the new year' they announced.

[EDIT] Head of Microsoft Studios, Phil Spencer, has added that " Answer to this will be coming fairly soon." on Twitter. So, it might be sooner than my original cynical post ... that we get Ryse and LocoCycle as the free games (Darn it, sorry, that was cynical too).
    URL="http://www.totalxbox.com/70512/more-info-on-xbox-ones-free-games-with-gold-program-coming-soon/"]Link[/URL

Ah ya I get that.

But I was expecting to get digital copies of 360 games and not Xbox1 games.

Maybe that's not possible even in a digital format :confused:.

Guess I'll hold off Dead Rising 3 so as it's bound to pop up at some point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah ya I get that.

But I was expecting to get digital copies of 360 games and not Xbox1 games.

Maybe that's not possible even in a digital format :confused:.

Guess I'll hold off Dead Rising 3 so as it's bound to pop up at some point.

Nope, the Xbox One hardware is totally different to the 360(chips, memory, etc), so it can't be done locally.

There could be some kind of OnLive service, where you could play 360 games on a server, but to be honest, I'm still waiting to be convinced by that technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I grabbed that freebie also....my sub is finally paying off!

Giving this a bump to remind people that Toy Soldiers : Cold War is now the free game.

Just completed the dead island game last night. Decent way to spend a few hours on a freebie.

Cheers for the bump dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

calex71 wrote: »
    Giving this a bump to remind people that Toy Soldiers : Cold War is now the free game.

if it has the same awful music as the first one, no thanks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    if it has the same awful music as the first one, no thanks :pac:

Loved the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Hrrm interesting, lionhead studios tweeted that Fable Heroes was free on games on demand, still listed as €9.99 so maybe its one of the free games next month and they got confused? the tweet has since been deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Another terrible game (looking at reviews at least).

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Another terrible game (looking at reviews at least).

Not so terrible for free though could be worse but yet another game I've already played :(

On the bright side though maybe I can finally get some help with a particular achievement in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Really hope it is not another Fable game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I hope it's Ghostbusters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    I hope it's Ghostbusters...

I have it, and played a good bit of it. Its good in that its very like the films, but the gameplay is nothing special imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'd take Ghostbusters if it was free.

I'd wouldn't touch a Fable game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Really hope it is not another Fable game
    I think that it's less a Fable game and more a Castle Crashers-type of clone.

Ghostbusters would be good, though ... and kind of appropriate seeing as how Harold Ramis (Egon Spengler) just died this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Ghostbusters is a great game. I loved it. Couple of glitched achievements aside I'd highly recommend it. MP was very enjoyable in it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Supposedly one of the games is Civilization Revolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Keno wrote: »
    I picked that up for the PS3 on the cheap, but never even got around to trying it. Whenever I want that Civ fix, I tend to go to Civ 5. Do plan on trying out Civ Rev at some point though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Keno wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised (as I have it already !)
    Its a decent enough version for a console release and well worth a download.

Advertisement