Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Civilization Revolution isn't a bad game at all. I doubt it has mass appeal though, but no harm to try get people playing titles like it, we might get more them in the future if people liked it.

I have it, and must go back to it some day for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Keno wrote: »
    Supposedly one of the games is Civilization Revolution.

Picked this up for €8 second hand a while back and when I got around to playing it I was hooked after the first few maps.

One of the few games I've completed all achievements on for the full 1,000 gamerscore. I really enjoyed it, but it's not for the die hard purist RTS fans. The interface and controls have been simplified, so I wouldn't compare it to the main Civ series. Strategy is more focused on the battles than on the civilisation building.

On it's own merits it was great fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Keno wrote: »
    Supposedly one of the games is Civilization Revolution.

Another game I bought from one of their Ultimate/Christmas sales. Bastards!
    I liked it. I played some jerk who kept sending messages, about how bad I was... I thought all the bad minded gamers play FIFA and CoD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Civ Revolution is a very decent game...the only drawback to it is the move limit but I suppose that's there for a reason :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Word is Civilisation and then either Batman AA Ninja, Gaiden 2 or bionic commando, ninja gaiden is a doubt given it's current price according to some places.

• Advertisement

I hate Bionic Commando games!

Would give Ninja Gaiden a download tho. Never played one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I hate Bionic Commando games!

Why???

The original Bionic Commando was one of the best games on the NES and the XBLA version of that is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I liked the Grin developed Bionic Commando too.

I'm enjoying Dead Island at the moment, so hey, Games With Gold isn't all that bad :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I liked the Grin developed Bionic Commando too.

I'm enjoying Dead Island at the moment, so hey, Games With Gold isn't all that bad :p

Games with Gold is pretty great.

It's only when compared to PS Plus that it becomes totally embarrassing.

Civilization Revolution and Dungeon Defenders are the games whoopy doo

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Meh, Civ is great but I already have it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Hmm, I don't have either of these games but not sure I'm bothered with em either. I'll prob download Civ on the off chance but think I'll skip Dungeon Defenders.

Dungeon Defenders...

No idea what it is, but am picturing something like that Clash of Heroes game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A direct link, for those too lazy to look at the Xbox website.

See here.

I've been getting all these games, but the only one I've actually downloaded so far is Crackdown. If I'm ever sick, I'll have some list of games to play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

You only have the two weeks to download the game available I think, after that its a paid game again.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    A direct link, for those too lazy to look at the Xbox website.

See here.

I've been getting all these games, but the only one I've actually downloaded so far is Crackdown. If I'm ever sick, I'll have some list of games to play through.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

beardo81 wrote: »
    You only have the two weeks to download the game available I think, after that its a paid game again.

So long as you've downloaded it (or hit that "confirm purchase" option) at some point, it's yours to redownload right up until MS shutdown xbox live marketplace for the 360.

So long as you've downloaded it (or hit that "confirm purchase" option) at some point, it's yours to redownload right up until MS shutdown xbox live marketplace for the 360.

Yes, but if you are low on HD space, once you cancel the download go in and delete what ever it has downloaded as I think it reserves space for the game, could be wrong there, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes, but if you are low on HD space, once you cancel the download go in and delete what ever it has downloaded as I think it reserves space for the game, could be wrong there, anyone?

Once you click purchase on the Xbox, the system reserves the full space for the game.

Although, you don't even have to download part of the game, just 'confirm' the purchase on Xbox.com and it's yours forever. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

Yeah it reserves space before you download it, but you can just go into your hard drive and delete the file anyway freeing up the space. You can still download the game again later.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah it reserves space before you download it, but you can just go into your hard drive and delete the file anyway freeing up the space. You can still download the game again later.

Soon as you click confirm purchase, it's yours forever and ever*. It's then added to your download queue. You can then cancel the download/delete the files on your Xbox. On mine, it doesn't auto download, so I just cancel the download.

*or as pleasant Co. said, until the servers are shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Arrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh, looks like it's another region blocked game, really wanted to download this one too!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Arrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh, looks like it's another region blocked game, really wanted to download this one too!:mad:
    What is region blocked? Not Civ Rev, I added that through the marketplace browser on the web. Do it direct from your 360 or else go here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Civilization-Revolution/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545407e5

Assuming the game you were talking about was Civ Rev, the only issue that you could have had was that it was the US page, but I don't think I edited that for it to work, so am kinda wondering if you are talking about some other game.

Edit: Just noticed your location. But the game should be region free from what I'm seeing online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Yup, Civ is what I was trying to download. Unfortunately some games are blocked for me. Downloaded the last soldiers game no problem, seems hit and miss. I posted about the problem here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057105479

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hitman absolution and Deadlight apparently for April

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Today is the last day to get Dungeon Defenders for free
    It's actually a pretty fun game, especially on multiplayer

Next months games are
    Drumroll...
    Hitman Absolution
    and
    Deadlight

Not too shabby really. The Deadlight game has some good reviews, the main criticism is that it's short, which shouldn't really count as a criticism when the game is free

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Don't know much about Hitman Absolution, but this gave me a laugh on the wiki page :pac:
    On 4 December 2012 IO Interactive faced heavy criticism for releasing a Hitman: Absolution Facebook app that allowed users to identify and threaten Facebook friends for assassination. Methods of identifying female friends included "her hairy legs", "her muffin top" and "her small tits". Methods of identifying male friends included "his ginger hair", "his **** hair" and "his tiny penis". Users could choose a reason to kill their friend, such as the fact that they "smell bad" or were cheating on their partner. Friends received a personalised video on their Facebook wall identifying them as a target. Signing up to watch the video presented recipients with a mixture of their own photos and Facebook details merged into a video of Hitman character Agent 47 shooting them. IO Interactive admitted the promotional app was in bad taste and removed it the same day

Hitman is worth a play, definitely worth it for free.

Its not like the Hitman games of old though, its more action/adventure than Assassination Simulation.

Deadlight is sh1te. I got it for 2.00 in another sale, and found it so painful to get through, not that it was hard, but it was so uninteresting I thought, I really couldn't stand it, buts that's just my opinion.

I instantly deleted it off my HDD after finishing it.

Deadlight is one of those games that I'd like to play but have no interest in paying for so this pleases me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Deadlight is sh1te. I got it for 2.00 in another sale, and found it so painful to get through, not that it was hard, but it was so uninteresting I thought, I really couldn't stand it, buts that's just my opinion.

Looks like the Mr Freeze / Mr Cheez battle must be fought anew.

Deadlight was great.. short but enjoyable to get through in a day ;)

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Looks like the Mr Freeze / Mr Cheez battle must be fought anew.

My Nemesis. :pac:

Ah I didn't enjoy it, especially that sewer section, I just couldn't warm to it, even when it tries to pull on your emotional heart strings!

Advertisement