Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah another 2 I already have, deadlight was not the game I thought it was going to be, could have been so much more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

wooooo!!!!1!!111!!

was gonna pick up hitman absolution next payday as I seen it in store their yesterday for 14 quid which is a great price
    can't believe they made it free haha good luck says I!!:)

not new but not terribly old either so finally 2 decent games for the month of april
    and may their be many more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah another 2 I already have, deadlight was not the game I thought it was going to be, could have been so much more :(

There might be something for us in the DotW!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Damn already have Hitman, decent enough game, Deadlight looks like larbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I tried to play through Hitman twice. My save was deleted for both. It's supposedly common enough so be careful.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    I tried to play through Hitman twice. My save was deleted for both. It's supposedly common enough so be careful.

Heard that too, didn't happen to me.

Back it onto the cloud or USB key just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Keno wrote: »

Yep, this happened to me last night when I was about two thirds the way through the game. I was not a happy bunny. Since made it back and even finished it.

Though I did use cloud storage for saves the second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I had bought Hitman awhile back for £6 off amazon to push me into the free shipping range. Not played it yet. Will likely keep my Physical copy but will download it anyway as a back up on the off chance.

So the recommendation is to save to the cloud from the start?? Will this remove the fear of save file corruptions?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Actually enjoying Deadlight so far, finicky controls and I get the impression its going to be fairly short but it looks nice and the story isn't too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Just played a small bit of deadlight, pretty fun i have to say. Similar to limbo in its initial appearance but with greater emphasis on combat and less difficult puzzles to solve (so far).

• Advertisement

finished deadlight last night
    have to say I really enjoyed it, I knew it would be short but if I had of known that I would of liked it that much I would of bought it, helping the developers yanoo :P but yup enjoyed it, short but a good game no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dust: An Elysian Tail is rumored to be one of the two for May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is hitman still available to download?
    My live ran out a month ago. Might just subscribe again real quick if it's still available to download.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is hitman still available to download?
    My live ran out a month ago. Might just subscribe again real quick if it's still available to download.

No that was the first half of the month, it's Deadlight at the moment.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is rumored to be one of the two for May.

Is that any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Backfire wrote: »
    Is that any good?
    I got it on PC during a Steam sale. Had a lot of fun with it.

Backfire wrote: »
    Is that any good?

its good
    enjoyed the story and the gameplay
    reminded me of abes oddessy for some reason :D very short though

I've seen Dust mentioned on a few sites and most seem to be fairly confident about it being one of the games. Again another game I got full price :( In this case though I don't feel burned as I really enjoyed it and got my moneys worth I feel :)

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    its good
    enjoyed the story and the gameplay
    reminded me of abes oddessy for some reason :D very short though

A 2D platformer so? Like deadlight? Sounds good to me. I'll download it. Deadlight is good, really enjoying it as its suitable to play for short periods of time, which is all i have to play xbox these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

More of a Metroidvania than Deadlight. A lot more colourful too. Hack and slash combat, no guns or zombies.

• Advertisement

More of a Metroidvania than Deadlight. A lot more colourful too. Hack and slash combat, no guns or zombies.

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to it now tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Nearly bought it in the sales... Just as well!

erkifino wrote: »
    Nearly bought it in the sales... Just as well!

I did buy it in the sales. Seems to be a trend here with me having picked up all these free titles in recent sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I did buy it in the sales. Seems to be a trend here with me having picked up all these free titles in recent sales.

Could you buy something slightly better/newer in the next sale then?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

There's a Prophet among us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Dust: An Elysian Tale is to be one of the games for May apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Xbox Live Gold Members Get Dust: An Elysian Tail and Saints Row: The Third Free in May

saints row 3! nice one!

www.majornelson.com

I've given up any hope of ever getting anything good I've never played before :(

Still, best month so far for those who don't have the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Don't have either and picked up Saints Row IV in that crazy xtra vision sale, so I'm happy with those :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    I've given up any hope of ever getting anything good I've never played before :(

Still, best month so far for those who don't have the games.

Thats the biggest problem if you're a fairly avid gamer. I've been lucky with most of the selections so far. That being said, since games with gold started, I reckon I've spent about 15 minutes total in tomb raider and that was it. :rolleyes:

I'll download them all anyway, never know, i might get around to them someday!

Advertisement