Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ya one month is grand for the games with gold. I reckon even a 24-48 hour code will do to get access

I don't know about games with gold but I know they won't work for offers on deal of the week, so can't imagine they work with games with gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

calex71 wrote: »
    I don't know about games with gold but I know they won't work for offers on deal of the week, so can't imagine they work with games with gold.

Yep, this. Trial codes not good enough for Games with Gold or Deal of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's only a fiver for 1 month yeah? Not bad for 3 games and Dark Souls was one I've been tempted to get for a while.. it seems to have been on sale several times, but I never bit

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's only a fiver for 1 month yeah? Not bad for 3 games and Dark Souls was one I've been tempted to get for a while.. it seems to have been on sale several times, but I never bit

worth full price if it's a game you can get into but free is always better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I'll be downloading Dark Souls just in case anything ever happens to the disc. I envy all the lucky bastards who get to play it for the first time, and for free too :p

• Advertisement

I'll be downloading Dark Souls just in case anything ever happens to the disc. I envy all the lucky bastards who get to play it for the first time, and for free too :p

Or to save you having to put the disc in !!!! Praise the sun etc. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Looks like you do indeed need a current gold sub to play any of the free/downloaded games for Xbox one
    Games with Gold Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only; Active Gold membership required to play downloaded Xbox One games.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq?icid=furl_livefaq

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Looks like you do indeed need a current gold sub to play any of the free/downloaded games for Xbox one

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq?icid=furl_livefaq

I didn't have a problem with Sony's similar requirement for ps+ games, but there goes that one advantage games with gold had (for the people who saw it as a major advantage).

Great job MS, endeavouring to do as much as Sony without bettering them, now there's a company I want to back :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

They could better them by getting Humblebundle involved ;)

Saints Row 2
    Saints Row: The Third + DLC
    Risen
    Risen 2: Dark Waters
    Sacred 2: Gold Edition.
    Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
    Metro 2033

for $6.29!

Madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Saints Row - The third downloaded.
    Will have to wait until tomorrow to check it out though.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    They could better them by getting Humblebundle involved ;)

Saints Row 2
    Saints Row: The Third + DLC
    Risen
    Risen 2: Dark Waters
    Sacred 2: Gold Edition.
    Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
    Metro 2033

for $6.29!

Madness

I'd still not get anything from that if they had it for xbox , I've played them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any news on the games for Xbox one in June or will it be after e3 before we get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any news on the games for Xbox one in June or will it be after e3 before we get it

Halo Spartan Assault and Max Curse of Brotherhood

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/30/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-june-2014/

edit: oh sorry you probably were looking for dates. eh yeah probably after E3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Dark Souls available now via the Dashboard, 3.8GB.

On web, Xbox.com Games With Gold still showing Saints Row, but I think if you search Dark Souls it will be free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

pm1977x wrote: »
    Dark Souls available now via the Dashboard, 3.8GB.

On web, Xbox.com Games With Gold still showing Saints Row, but I think if you search Dark Souls it will be free...

Thanks, mine now does show Dark Souls as the Game for gold, must had change at midday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Has anyone had any problems downloading Dark Souls? Keeps getting corrupted on me. Is it possibly due to some region issues.I moved to France recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Fescue wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems downloading Dark Souls? Keeps getting corrupted on me. Is it possibly due to some region issues.I moved to France recently.

May need to migrate your account?

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/my-account/manage-account/change-region

Did you try deleting the download and clearing your cache (then redownloading) first though?

pm1977x wrote: »
    May need to migrate your account?

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/my-account/manage-account/change-region

Did you try deleting the download and clearing your cache (then redownloading) first though?

Thanks pm1977x, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Worked a treat. Now I just need to decide if I want to dedicate the next 60 hours+ of my free time to it. Is it worth a play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Fescue wrote: »
    Worked a treat. Now I just need to decide if I want to dedicate the next 60 hours+ of my free time to it. Is it worth a play?

It's an absolute masterpiece

• Advertisement

It's an absolute masterpiece

Looking forward to it so. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Games with gold on the xbox one appears to be live, both spartan assault and max: curse of the brotherhood are listed as free(downloading max myself atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

wexdevil wrote: »
    Games with gold on the xbox one appears to be live, both spartan assault and max: curse of the brotherhood are listed as free(downloading max myself atm)

Still coming up as € on mine. Maybe its being rolled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Still coming up as € on mine. Maybe its being rolled out.

showing up free for me also download max now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

The two new games with gold for the xbox one are up now.
    I was able to get them on xbox.com despite not having a xbox one yet.
    The games are Halo Spatran Assault and Max.
    Might be handy for people planning to upgrade at some stage to download them to their gold account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

okla wrote: »
    The two new games with gold for the xbox one are up now.
    I was able to get them on xbox.com despite not having a xbox one yet.
    The games are Halo Spatran Assault and Max.
    Might be handy for people planning to upgrade at some stage to download them to their gold account now.

Which one is gonna be available first?
    Either of those 2 games good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Backfire wrote: »
    Which one is gonna be available first?
    Either of those 2 games good?

Both available now, don't know if they're any use though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Can confirm both are downloaded and run fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I don't even have an XBOX ONE, but bought both those titles for it for 0.00 on xbox.com.

So hopefully If I ever get one, all the Games with Gold games will be available for me to download then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I don't even have an XBOX ONE, but bought both those titles for it for 0.00 on xbox.com.

So hopefully If I ever get one, all the Games with Gold games will be available for me to download then...

Good thinking Batman. I'm doing the same in reverse - picking up the 360 games, just in case backwards compatibility comes in :D

Advertisement