Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I've downloaded both and they don't even run....

Could this be because I have only a 1 month sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

I picked up both games on xbox.com. quick question though on the site all my prices are coming up in dollars when i go to buy it asks me to add a card which it wont take.

Is there anyway around this as the games are cheaper on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've downloaded both and they don't even run....

Could this be because I have only a 1 month sub?

What kind of sub was it? Was it once that came as an insert with a game etc or a genuine 1 month sub, there is a difference.

recyclops wrote: »
    I picked up both games on xbox.com. quick question though on the site all my prices are coming up in dollars when i go to buy it asks me to add a card which it wont take.

Is there anyway around this as the games are cheaper on it.

US address + Irish card works, but do it with a new US account and any content will be accessible to anyone on that console. I'm sure loads of people from the empire state building have xbox ones ;)

Also US account works even if you already have the same card tied to your normal Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

calex71 wrote: »
    US address + Irish card works, but do it with a new US account and any content will be accessible to anyone on that console. I'm sure loads of people from the empire state building have xbox ones ;)

Also US account works even if you already have the same card tied to your normal Irish account.

sorry for sounding stupid but how does one change the region of the account to us and can i change my gf account to us for the purpose of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

recyclops wrote: »
    sorry for sounding stupid but how does one change the region of the account to us and can i change my gf account to us for the purpose of this

You don't change the region of the account only the region of the Xbox One itself.

Xbox One settings >> System >> Region > United States. Then press the restart.

Add an Irish credit or debit card. Use the first line of the genuine card address and for the rest use a US address, and zip code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No word of anyone being caught using that yet, no?

Bought Titanfall that way and considering doing it to get Watch Dogs later depending on what the price is like, just still a little wary

maximoose wrote: »
    No word of anyone being caught using that yet, no?

Bought Titanfall that way and considering doing it to get Watch Dogs later depending on what the price is like, just still a little wary

No one has been banned yet on Xbox One.

Some major games forums have the instructions on how to go through the process. I think Microsoft couldn't care less. The games are all region free now anyway. If they eventually decide against it we will get plenty of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

okla wrote: »
    The two new games with gold for the xbox one are up now.
    I was able to get them on xbox.com despite not having a xbox one yet.
    The games are Halo Spatran Assault and Max.
    Might be handy for people planning to upgrade at some stage to download them to their gold account now.

How do you do this - when I click through Games With Gold it just shows me Dark Souls, if I search Spartan Assault it just shows me the 360 one..

Edit: Ignore me, just had to click on 'learn more' beside Spartan Assault to get the Xbox One version, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

No one has been banned yet on Xbox One.

Some major games forums have the instructions on how to go through the process. I think Microsoft couldn't care less. The games are all region free now anyway. If they eventually decide against it we will get plenty of notice.
    There shouldn't be any problem with this, Microsoft themselves had hinted at this for people in non-launch markets to purchase digital content.

Albert Penello himself (Director of Xbox Product Management and Planning) on NeoGAF, before the console launched when asked about this and comparing it to Xbox 360. (emphasis added)
    It's totally different.

First - all games are WW signed. Not all 360 games are.

Second - The console will work everywhere (keeping in mind Power Supplies)

Third - You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards... :)

You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any idea if Dark Souls will be removed on the morning of June 15, or morning of June 16?

Thinking I might try to strategically purchase my 1 month Xbox Live, so that I get all of June's games, and (possibly) all of July's games (up to July 16)

Of course this depends on whether I get 31 days or 30 days for one month. 31 days and I should be flying, but I suspect it's 30.

Might not work, not sure if it effects the 360 games now but in order to be able to play the Xbox One games you have to have a gold sub, they might have brought this in for 360 too I'm not certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

It's an absolute masterpiece

So far so good. Even though I have already died more times than....someone who dies a lot.

calex71 wrote: »
    Might not work, not sure if it effects the 360 games now but in order to be able to play the Xbox One games you have to have a gold sub, they might have brought this in for 360 too I'm not certain.

Nah it's only for Xbox One.

Soooo... reckon the game will be gone the morning of June 15 or 16?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Nah it's only for Xbox One.

Soooo... reckon the game will be gone the morning of June 15 or 16?

The game will still be there on 15 (game one is always day 1-15, game 2 is 16-end of month).

If you waited until after midnight Irish time to renew Gold, the games will still be available on the US Xbox.com.

Best of both worlds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The game will still be there on 15 (game one is always day 1-15, game 2 is 16-end of month).

If you waited until after midnight Irish time to renew Gold, the games will still be available on the US Xbox.com.

Best of both worlds?

Or just go to Xbox.com and 'buy' it for free. You can download whenever you want after.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Can someone tell me why I'm being asked for my credit card details when trying to get my free game?

Shiminay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why I'm being asked for my credit card details when trying to get my free game?

Is it quoting you a price before you click on the game?

Do you have an Xbox Live Gold membership or a trial membership?

I've got 12 months of Gold (Thanks GTA, you fker :p). It's telling me the price is free for Dark Souls, but when I click Purchase I'm being told they have no payment options on file.

I'm not giving these cowboys my credit card only to have them "conveniently" deduct a subscription from it without my consent as they've done to so many Boardsies here.

I think you have to have a payment option on your account to download anything, regardless if it's free or not

Fairly simple to turn off auto renew!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think you have to have a payment option on your account to download anything, regardless if it's free or not

Fairly simple to turn off auto renew!

Really? I've Gold & have been getting the GFG games every month without any payment option set up. Whenever I buy something outside of GFG, I manually add the cc details, then remove them from the account settings when done.

I could be wrong so, just remember having to do it when games for gold first started before it would let me download.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I could be wrong so, just remember having to do it when games for gold first started before it would let me download.

i haven't needed a payment option when downloading GwG games to the xbox, but have been requested to provide one when attempting to dl GwG games from the xbox site, until yesterday when i added the X1 GwG games without a payment option.

I've read too many horror stories of what people have had to go through here on this forum to trust them with my credit card, so I don't think I'm being paranoid - I'm happy to give it to many other companies who I know don't engage in shady practises.

I'll try downloading via the console itself this evening and see what's what.

Just setup a paypal account and give them that instead, or do you need to put a credit card?

I've read too many horror stories of what people have had to go through here on this forum to trust them with my credit card, so I don't think I'm being paranoid - I'm happy to give it to many other companies who I know don't engage in shady practises.

I'll try downloading via the console itself this evening and see what's what.

You could set up your paypal account, then after the transaction, log into paypal & under the 'my profile' section, remove the billing agreement

So I was able to download it directly on my console without having to give any payment details. Worth remembering for the future. Had quite an over and back with @XBoxSupport on the Twitters, they didn't seem to know if that would work or not and were desperately trying to reassure me that giving them my credit card details was safe :p

and were desperately trying to reassure me that giving them my credit card details was safe :p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah I have never put any payment details on my own account and ive always been able to download the games without issue.

• Advertisement

Super street fighter 4 is now free (arcade hyper turbo remix ex plus alpha 31th anniversary edition)

Advertisement