Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone having trouble with the store on xbox.com?

Trying to purchase the games with gold, I can get into the store itself fine but it keeps timing out when I click the purchase button. Is it just me?

Was happening yesterday too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the store on xbox.com?

Trying to purchase the games with gold, I can get into the store itself fine but it keeps timing out when I click the purchase button. Is it just me?

Was happening yesterday too.

Only on the 360 games for me, I could get the Xbox One games with gold fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Downloaded strike suit zero, played it for ten minutes and uninstalled it.Controls just didn't feel natural.Havent been impressed with any of the Indie games tbh.Nothing has topped state of Decay imo.

Ori can't come quick enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Downloaded strike suit zero, played it for ten minutes and uninstalled it.Controls just didn't feel natural.Havent been impressed with any of the Indie games tbh.Nothing has topped state of Decay imo.

It's the weird camera controlling the right stick. Crimson Dragon is a definite candidate for worst control system ever, coundnt fly straight for **** even during the intro mission - uninstalled so fast.

Strike Suit Zero is more bearable and I'll keep that installed for now to dip in and out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's been a while since I played it but I know I had issues with the controls myself, and often found myself disorientated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Absolutely awful game. Made me boot up the SNES and play Star Wing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

niallon wrote: »
    Absolutely awful game. Made me boot up the SNES and play Star Wing!

Im enjoying strike suit zero :) crimson dragon .... What were they thinking making it an on rails game wow if it wasn't bad enough ha I feel sorry for anyone who payed for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What's motocross madness like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Im enjoying strike suit zero :) crimson dragon .... What were they thinking making it an on rails game wow if it wasn't bad enough ha I feel sorry for anyone who payed for it

Thanks at least it was only a tenner when I bought it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dloob wrote: »
    Thanks at least it was only a tenner when I bought it :(

did they ever mention it was on rails?
    From some of the gameplay videos before release it looks like a free fly type of game, no on the rails stuff.

On the rails type games are really out dated and I can't remember a decent on rails game since Time Crisis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    On the rails type games are really out dated and I can't remember a decent on rails game since Time Crisis

On rails games should be relegated to tablets only.

Rage HD on the iPad is actually pretty good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

What's motocross madness like?

Dirt bike racing with your xbox avatar! its actually a bit of craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

SamBrugha wrote: »
    Dirt bike racing with your xbox avatar! its actually a bit of craic!

Thought he looked familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Any 360 owners having issues purchasing the xbox one games with gold off the net? I cant seem to get this months games at all, it just times out every time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any 360 owners having issues purchasing the xbox one games with gold off the net? I cant seem to get this months games at all, it just times out every time.

Yeah had the same problem. Managed to get Strike Suit Zero the other night by pure luck, still haven't gotten the other one (apparently it's crap anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Count yourself lucky, dreadful games the pair of them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can you 'buy' the One GfG games from the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just log in on your pc and do it. I did it with Guacamelee last month. Will have my xbox one on Thursday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

i read somewhere that Dishonored is this months game but i cant seem to find it on the dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

dara1234 wrote: »
    i read somewhere that Dishonored is this months game but i cant seem to find it on the dashboard.

It won't be available for a few days yet. Check again on the 16th, it's Motocross Madness for free until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,221 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Titan fall and ground zeros are supposed to be 50% off on deals with gold. I can see Titan fall, but I can't find ground zeros on the store at all, same for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Titan fall and ground zeros are supposed to be 50% off on deals with gold. I can see Titan fall, but I can't find ground zeros on the store at all, same for anyone else?

Same here, searching on the Xbox returns nothing. I cant even find it on the Irish Xbox.com site. It keeps defaulting to the US store and when i click buy it just times out!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Myrddin wrote: »
    Can you 'buy' the One GfG games from the 360?

No took a look and couldn't find anything, managed to get them both from the website eventually.
    evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Just log in on your pc and do it. I did it with Guacamelee last month. Will have my xbox one on Thursday. :D

Thats what I'm doing but it takes a bit of time as the page keeps timing out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Glad I saw MGS mentioned here. Was tempted to buy today in store. Would have been gutted paying full price and then spotting it at 50% off.

Downloading now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Guys, I have seen some of you mention that you can download "Games for Gold" from your desktop? Is this true? I log in on the Xbox website and it keeps asking me to join Gold but Im already with it. Want to get MGS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Corvo wrote: »
    Guys, I have seen some of you mention that you can download "Games for Gold" from your desktop? Is this true? I log in on the Xbox website and it keeps asking me to join Gold but Im already with it. Want to get MGS.

The front screen of Xbox.com will always ask you to join, even if you are already logged in. Just go to the games page, click on purchase, and it should then say "Free" on the pop up that appears. I think that you need a payment method logged with them, as this is still technically a "purchase".

CatInABox wrote: »
    The front screen of Xbox.com will always ask you to join, even if you are already logged in. Just go to the games page, click on purchase, and it should then say "Free" on the pop up that appears. I think that you need a payment method logged with them, as this is still technically a "purchase".

Nice one, thanks mate.

Awwwwhhh nooooooo! MGS gone back to €30! Feel like puking!

Awwwwhhh nooooooo! MGS gone back to €30! Feel like puking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Only got a chance to play halo spartan assault these days.

eh its average enough. Which is fine since I got it free :)

Did bother downloading any of the free games this month.

Advertisement