Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Backfire wrote: »
    Did bother downloading any of the free games this month.

Hope you at least registered for them! Speaking of which, felt like a proper idiot after reading this thread and realising that although I only have a 360 at this time I could register for the XBOX One games so that on the off chance that I buy one I'll have a stack of free games ready to download!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Hope you at least registered for them! Speaking of which, felt like a proper idiot after reading this thread and realising that although I only have a 360 at this time I could register for the XBOX One games so that on the off chance that I buy one I'll have a stack of free games ready to download!

I didnt register either. Didnt seem like games i'd ever play. Doubt i'll regret it.

Anyway, i have plenty of free games on the 360......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dishonoured is quite fun I must admit :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Dishonoured is quite fun I must admit :P
    You should really play through it twice, once going stealthy/no kills and another where you kill lots of people. I don't want to spoil anything specific but hopefully others will back me up on the necessity of doing this. If achievements are your thing, there are ones for a low chaos and high chaos playthrough, which basically is pretty much a how many people you kill thing. Had a lot of fun on the no kill run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How long more is dishonored free if not gone already????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

until saturday i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You should really play through it twice, once going stealthy/no kills and another where you kill lots of people. I don't want to spoil anything specific but hopefully others will back me up on the necessity of doing this. If achievements are your thing, there are ones for a low chaos and high chaos playthrough, which basically is pretty much a how many people you kill thing. Had a lot of fun on the no kill run.

The sense of pure satisfaction I got from finishing a pure stealth, no kills and no powers run all-in-one go is one I haven't had from a game in a long time.

Then to turn around and go all out killing machine in the next one :D

I see the DLC is on sale this week, might check it out as some of it is supposed to be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Pushtrak wrote: »

I really should
    but in the whorehouse I made 2 piles, guards and whores, and spent some time throwing the body into different positions :o

I follow random people with the heart equipped, if the heart says anything bad, dead :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was going for a no kills run on dishonored, only started the other night. Got to the end of the sewers and it said I had killed one hostile when I hadn't. Right pain in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did you knock someone out and leave them in the water? They drown if you do and it counts as a kill.

I got as far as Kaldwin's Bridge before giving up on the no kills run. Got terribly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    Did you knock someone out and leave them in the water? They drown if you do and it counts as a kill.

I got as far as Kaldwin's Bridge before giving up on the no kills run. Got terribly annoying.

It must have been something like that, or else rats got to them. Pretty lousy, it was an accident dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Any rumors on what next months games are likely to be? That crimson dragon is terrible dirt. strike suit zero looks ok, but the way they've the controls set up is rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm going to guess....... Lococycle and Contrast.

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm going to guess....... Lococycle and Contrast.

I'm hoping for something a bit better - maybe tomb raider after the sequels exclusivity announcement?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Coming up in September, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to three new free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Super Time Force is coming to Games with Gold on Xbox One as a free download, replacing Strike Suit Zero (so grab it now if you haven’t already). Crimson Dragon will continue to be available for Xbox Live Gold members as a free download for Xbox One.

On Xbox 360, starting Monday, September 1st, Monaco: What’s Yours is Mine (normally US $14.99) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through September 15th.

Then, on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Halo: Reach (normally US $24.99) for free through September 30th.

Great games altogether, but sticking with crimson dragon? Boooo.

See here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Finally agame I don't have but was interested in, Monaco: What's Yours is Mine. Whahey my Gold sub paying dividends!! :P

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    Great games altogether, but sticking with crimson dragon? Boooo.

See here.

Super Time Force Ultra (I cant believe they got away with that acronym :D)

Brilliant, I've been tempted by this game so many times. Delighted to pick it up next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nothing for me ..... again , though that said super time force was worth the asking price to begin with so I can't feel too put out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Super Time Force Ultra (I cant believe they got away with that acronym :D)

heh I once created a web app for a particularly annoying client called Real Time Financial Management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

ffs just bought reach today -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tkd93 wrote: »
    ffs just bought reach today -_-

d'oh, but it's well worth paying for. It's one of the most balanced/polished FPS I've played on the Xbox.

The controls just feel "right"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,221 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Crimson dragon remaining a games with gold title for September, what a crock of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Super Time Force was up as the free GWG late last night for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Halo: Reach is now available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Is there anywhere on the Xbox home screen to find out what are the Games with Gold? I have to check here then do a search for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Is there anywhere on the Xbox home screen to find out what are the Games with Gold? I have to check here then do a search for them.

Majornelson.com should speed things up abit. He posts the games with gold games near the end of the month

I think that you're better off going to xbox.com and going through the Xbox Live Gold > Games with Gold menu up at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

no news or rumours yet for next month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

I can see a 'get more with gold' tile on the One home screen under featured and on the 360 I can see a 'deals with gold' tile on the home screen also; both detail the current free games and sale offers :confused:

Advertisement