Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'm on UPC and installed the update, couldn't get into a game, nobody playing I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm on UPC and installed the update, couldn't get into a game, nobody playing I guess.

I was the same. downloaded everything and the searches just kept coming up empty. must be an issue of some sort. The game is one of the more highly regarded battlefield titles. hard to imagine that there's no one on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can't get into any game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If we can get enough of us into a server , it' ll be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It didn't work for me at all last night. I deleted it and downloaded it again and i tested it this morning and it worked fine. (correlation does not prove causation)

I kept getting an error 'could not connect to EA servers'

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    It didn't work for me at all last night. I deleted it and downloaded it again and i tested it this morning and it worked fine. (correlation does not prove causation)

I kept getting an error 'could not connect to EA servers'
    I always used to get that back in the day, sometimes it would work and other times not. Turning on and off the modem and the xbox used to fix it. It's usually just the servers sometimes. No need to delete and reinstall.

I always used to get that back in the day, sometimes it would work and other times not. Turning on and off the modem and the xbox used to fix it. It's usually just the servers sometimes. No need to delete and reinstall.

Man, I didnt think the next gen graphics were that huge of an improvement, but loading up Onslaught mode last night was a bit of a shocker. It looks a lot more dated than what I had in my memory.

Man, I didnt think the next gen graphics were that huge of an improvement, but loading up Onslaught mode last night was a bit of a shocker. It looks a lot more dated than what I had in my memory.

I was playing Vietnam there last week and I was surprised how good it looked.The movement is very clunky as well compared to BF3&4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was playing Vietnam there last week and I was surprised how good it looked.The movement is very clunky as well compared to BF3&4

Yes especially at close quarters, I missed a few knife kills and was amazed to be still standing trying to turn and find them again is super super slow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Seems to be working fine today, got a match instantly, very enjoyable multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Seems to be working fine today, got a match instantly, very enjoyable multiplayer.
    It's so satisfying to kill a sniper hiding in a building by just blowing a massive hole in the wall :)

It's also satisfying to shoot someone with a sniper rifle and know that you probably have 15 seconds to get out of that building before it gets smashed with a tank.

Looking at the map at the beginning of a round and comparing it with the utter carnage at the end just gotta make you laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Probably not the right place to ask.. but anyone got any spare xbox live codes?

It's so satisfying to kill a sniper hiding in a building by just blowing a massive hole in the wall :)

It's also satisfying to shoot someone with a sniper rifle and know that you probably have 15 seconds to get out of that building before it gets smashed with a tank.

Looking at the map at the beginning of a round and comparing it with the utter carnage at the end just gotta make you laugh

It'd make you wonder why next gen games dont have fully destructable environments. A cross between red faction and Battlefield would be epic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It'd make you wonder why next gen games dont have fully destructable environments. A cross between red faction and Battlefield would be epic.

Here's an example that they're working on. The environments seem to be very Crackdown-esque in the video, and I have to say, it looks amazing. Finally a use for the cloud that everyone can get behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's not Crackdown-esque, that IS Crackdown :)

75cnGDQ.png

Always loved Crackdown's over the top explosions, add destruction to that......can't wait!

Thats what I felt was missing from Battlefield 3.
    BC2 has all these cool enviorments that you could destroy. In one map you can use the gun on the helicopter to destroy the building with an mcom :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    That's not Crackdown-esque, that IS Crackdown :)

<image snipped>

Always loved Crackdown's over the top explosions, add destruction to that......can't wait!

Yeah, I knew that I'd read somewhere that it was Crackdown, just couldn't find it with a minimum of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

battlefield bad company 2!?
    Sweet. Means it will have another burst of online play. Last time I loaded it up there wasn't much people playing.

Sucks I deleted the vietnam pack.

I could be mistaken but I think you can download it for free if you have bought it before and deleted it

colmufc wrote: »
    I could be mistaken but I think you can download it for free if you have bought it before and deleted it

Heard that too.
    Sucks I am using a new account with gold access (just got a 1 month's free gold tonight actually. stupid me :pac: )

Anyone else having problems getting into games with BC2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Heard that too.
    Sucks I am using a new account with gold access (just got a 1 month's free gold tonight actually. stupid me :pac: )

Anyone else having problems getting into games with BC2?

yeah doesn't seem like the multiplayer is working

• Advertisement

declan2693 wrote: »
    yeah doesn't seem like the multiplayer is working

I really hope thats not the case. Am after buying a 1 months xbox live to play this again :pac:
    I actually just redownloaded the game from Gold despite having it on disk. Sounds silly I know but why no harm. Tis free and it might have fixed it I foolishly thought .... still the same thing

actually just did a google search. You need to download the Vip pass says EA (
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/unable-to-access-multiplayer-on-battlefield-bad-company-2/ ) but yet still say the servers might be full :rolleyes:

Got in to a game on conquest. sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I played a few matches last night - all good except I sucked!

I think it's the only game I've played where when you fire a 50 cal, it actually feels like your firing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I downloaded BC2 last night. I sold my copy years ago and regretted it. Instantly loved it again last night, playing some rush. I remember playing with the IRL clan when it first came out , loading UAV's with C4 to blow up the MCOM's. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I have bad company 2 already on disc. Haven't really played it in months apart from today. Loving rush mode all over again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darrenlawlor

I heard there is some really good games coming in next few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

For some reason I cant find any games on it always says there cant find anything. I have the vip so whats wrong :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I heard there is some really good games coming in next few months

Got a source?

• Advertisement

This is taking the piss. Why give anyway a popular multiplayer game for free, even pitching players to buy the Vietnam pack and shortcut packs when the multi player doesn't even work.. .

Advertisement