Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

sweetie wrote: »
    can't for the life of me find the GWG section on my 360!

Much easier to find it on the website but there is usually an ad in the Games - Browse Games - Featured section of the dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If they're not advertising the GWG section, I usually just search for the game (bumper all the way left).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

sweetie wrote: »
    can't for the life of me find the GWG section on my 360!

Its also sometime shown on the "home" portion - but this is probably more so when the new games are active for free download.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I find it quite hard to find on X-Box One as well, if I don't know in advance what the new game is going to end up being, but you can usually tell from what rando indie game is now Number 1 in the Best Seller chart in the game menu out of nowhere, hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    The Telltale collection has gone back to €110.

Ha! Bugger that. That solves my dilemma anyway. I thought it was part of deals with Gold for January? Must have been just a separate offer. Ah well, no way am I paying €110 after it previously being at €55.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

wrt40 wrote: »
    Ha! Bugger that. That solves my dilemma anyway. I thought it was part of deals with Gold for January? Must have been just a separate offer. Ah well, no way am I paying €110 after it previously being at €55.

It was part of the Countdown to 2015 list of games that were reduced, which they extended til 6th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

kleefarr wrote: »
    Likewise for The Raven which was released not long ago. Wife liked it, she doesn't like many xbox games, so had to pay up for the other two episodes. Need more games like that for people such as my wife. :)

Well screw that! Second episode lasted all of about 20 mins total game play. Not buying third episode. :mad:

When I go to order MX v ATV on the GWG menu, it shows free. Then on the confirmation screen its showing €39.99 ... normally it just shows 0.00 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

GBX wrote: »
    When I go to order MX v ATV on the GWG menu, it shows free. Then on the confirmation screen its showing €39.99 ... normally it just shows 0.00 :confused:

Sure you have an active gold sub? I just purchased it through the gwg menu and it was €0.00

wexdevil wrote: »
    Sure you have an active gold sub? I just purchased it through the gwg menu and it was €0.00

I do .. used wrong log in for an older user profile to try download it .. :o
    Carry on :pac:

• Advertisement

MX vs ATV Alive is such a grind, no proper campaign, and the controls aren't great. I found it strangely compelling though, a good podcast game. One of the few from GWG that I've actually finished :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mikeycoz

MX vs ATV Alive is such a grind, no proper campaign, and the controls aren't great. I found it strangely compelling though, a good podcast game. One of the few from GWG that I've actually finished :o

I can't stop playing it. I get bored with it but won't stop. Can't for the life of me figure out what the clutch us for. Theres also some more free stuff in the motor depot menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mikeycoz wrote: »
    I can't stop playing it. I get bored with it but won't stop. Can't for the life of me figure out what the clutch us for. Theres also some more free stuff in the motor depot menu.

I’ve never played the game, but in real life, you use the clutch on a dirtbike to modulate the power delivery -eg, pull the clutch, rev the nuts off it, let go the clutch – wheelie time! Also, when your in the air off a jump, opening the throttle raises the front wheel, pressing the back brake drops it. Using the clutch to kill the power delivery to the back wheel lets you stay level without bringing up the front end whilst maintaining an open throttle.

Also in slower sections you keep the throttle constant and touch the clutch every now and again when you need to relax the power – doing all that with the throttle makes it very jerky.

Tbh, I’d be amazed if the game has an in depth representation of this though. Must download it tonight and see. :D

The only thing I used the clutch for was at the start of races. Hold it and the accelerator until the gate drops, then release it to try and get a jump on the rest.

Stone Deaf 4evr, if only you'd told me all that before I started the game :pac: Another gripe I have with it is the lack of tutorial. It never mentions the throttle, and I don't think it tells you to use the right stick to lean around corners either. Doesn't tell you how to trick either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mikeycoz

The only thing I used the clutch for was at the start of races. Hold it and the accelerator until the gate drops, then release it to try and get a jump on the rest.

Stone Deaf 4evr, if only you'd told me all that before I started the game :pac: Another gripe I have with it is the lack of tutorial. It never mentions the throttle, and I don't think it tells you to use the right stick to lean around corners either. Doesn't tell you how to trick either.

Also noticed the quads have a wrist throttle instead of a thumb throttle. Nice blonde chick in the hot pants though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How come witcher 2 isnt up. Thought games for gold changes on the 15th of each month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

How come witcher 2 isnt up. Thought games for gold changes on the 15th of each month.
    It'll come in on the 16th.
    Game 1 goes 1-15 of the month
    Game 2 goes 16-end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It'll come in on the 16th.
    Game 1 goes 1-15 of the month
    Game 2 goes 16-end of the month.

It usually overlaps by a day, so you may well find it is free if you search for it (although I notice I can't find it via the normal link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520824 so perhaps not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

mrcheez wrote: »
    It usually overlaps by a day, so you may well find it is free if you search for it (although I notice I can't find it via the normal link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520824 so perhaps not)

Shows for me via that link and shows as free with gold so download away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Decided to go for D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die :)

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Shows for me via that link and shows as free with gold so download away :)

Yep seems to be back up, was a 404 error page for a few hours there, odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 des2015

Is witcher 2 not available for Irish users? If not are we getting a different free game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Is anyone getting a page not found when searching for Xbox 360 games? I get the below, also no game listed for 360 on the "Games with Gold"
    Ooops! What happened to this page?
    We’ve moved some things around.

The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available. You might want to:
    Start again from the homepage.
    Check that you are using the website for your country or region.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

nava wrote: »
    Is anyone getting a page not found when searching for Xbox 360 games? I get the below, also no game listed for 360 on the "Games with Gold"

Apparently Purchase and Content Usage is limited on the 360 according to xbox live status.
    I hope they sort things soon because I am kinda looking forward to playing The Witcher 2 tonight.

nava wrote: »

yep see my comment above :) (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93862131&postcount=803)

Seems the page is down again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Been trying to get The Witcher 2 all day. Keep getting an error code. But xbox live and youtube, netflix etc work fine. Pssh.

There are issues with the Xbox 360 Store at the moment fellas

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status

Started D4 tonight, really enjoying it. A very welcome change of pace for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Was eager to play Witcher 2 for this weekend, with the Xbox Live issues atm... was left disappointed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What games are available on gold at the minute for 360, I'm thinking of giving it one more 12 month sub. Cheers

Is it twitcher 2?

If so I'm definitely in.

Advertisement