Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

logik wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. I see the Witcher 2 is still there. That worth getting? Not played the series at all.

Absolutely. Don't delay. Grab it now before its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Dying to play brothers !

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Patronisation aside, what you see them as is fairly irrelevant, as is the length of your xbox live gold membership.
    Games with Gold is a selling point of xbox live gold, brought in as a direct response to psn's own initiative to offer games as part of it's online service.

These games are not free, you are required to have an active gold sub to avail of and continue using any games from the games with gold catalogue.

I disagree. I pay to play online. The games are a bonus. I also disagree with your point about the length of my membership being irrelevant as I've been a member for far longer without free games than with free games so it is relevant... If you signed up just for games with gold and you are disappointed, there's not much point in complaining here.... might be better to complain to Microsoft themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

RE: Witcher 2

Thanks guys, just grabbed it. Will rig up the 360 again tonight so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm happy with Brothers, I was gonna buy it last year but didn't think I'd have the time to play it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Akrasia wrote: »
    I'm happy with Brothers, I was gonna buy it last year but didn't think I'd have the time to play it properly.

It's only a couple of hours long if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's only a couple of hours long if I recall correctly.

Yup. Took me about 5 hours from start to finish taking my time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Deadlight was similar for me. I like games you can finish in one sitting for the satisfaction of clearing another game off your backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

These games are not free, you are required to have an active gold sub to avail of and continue using any games from the games with gold catalogue.

No, on 360 you do not require an active live sub to play games obtained through gold.

Played and finshed Brothers last night. Glad I rigged up the 360 again, enjoyed the game. Clever in spots but I would agree with alot of you. It is very dark.

• Advertisement

Played and finshed Brothers last night. Glad I rigged up the 360 again, enjoyed the game. Clever in spots but I would agree with alot of you. It is very dark.

We need more games like it.

Games that hit you hard when you are not expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I don't complain about the gwg I usually get some sort of enjoyment out of the game every month but Idarb is complete and utter ****. Its not even worth playing for the easy 1000g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played about 20 mins of IDARB lastnight, admittedly about 10 mins of actual game and the rest achievement whoring :pac:

It actually seems like it could be a hell of a lot of fun. They need to allow matchmaking with friends/randoms though, limiting it to 1v1 if you are playing alone is an oversight - think this is on the way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

maximoose wrote: »
    Played about 20 mins of IDARB lastnight, admittedly about 10 mins of actual game and the rest achievement whoring :pac:

It actually seems like it could be a hell of a lot of fun. They need to allow matchmaking with friends/randoms though, limiting it to 1v1 if you are playing alone is an oversight - think this is on the way though.

That twitch achievement was one of the best I've ever done, very clever.

I didn't like the game at all, and that was probably due to the 1v1 too. I did like the movie quotes when you score though, ''Goonies never say die!!!! " :D

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    We need more games like it.

Games that hit you hard when you are not expecting it.

Yeah, I finished it last night, several cool WTF moments and lots of poignancy and things I thought I'd never actually have to do in a game.

The artwork was really beautiful as well

If you liked Brothers then go an get yourself Never Alone for PS4 or Xbox One. I loved it.

If you liked Brothers then go an get yourself Never Alone for PS4 or Xbox One. I loved it.

I'll keep it in mind if I ever decide to upgrade the trusty old 360

Oh, I really wanted to like Never Alone, but I couldn't, it bored me to tears. I don't think it has any where near the heart or emotional impact that Brothers has. (in my opinion).

Brothers on the other hand, I was on edge for most of the game, I just had a really bad feeling throughout that game. Its great that a game can do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Brothers was merciless, the game actually kicks you while you are down.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Oh, I really wanted to like Never Alone, but I couldn't, it bored me to tears. I don't think it has any where near the heart or emotional impact that Brothers has. (in my opinion).

Brothers on the other hand, I was on edge for most of the game, I just had a really bad feeling throughout that game. Its great that a game can do that.

Incredible game, and the length is spot on, any more and it would have felt too much, any shorter and you'd feel cheated. Its been ages since i played it but Its a game that seems bigger when you think back on it. Each area is so well made, and so detailed, that the areas themselves each sort of tell their own story, leaving you curious to know more about the world.

Theres a great article here on the creative process of the game - spoliers inside.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/09/27/afterwords-brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sniper Elite V2 is now available.

You can get it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

CatInABox wrote: »
    Sniper Elite V2 is now available.

You can get it here.

Any one have trouble with that? Ordered it from laptop, then went to my Xbox and no sign of download or purchase. So purchased it from the Xbox, started download and then went I went to check it , it had completely wiped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Any one have trouble with that? Ordered it from laptop, then went to my Xbox and no sign of download or purchase. So purchased it from the Xbox, started download and then went I went to check it , it had completely wiped.

Haven't tried it to be honest, I purchased it, but I'm mainly Xbox One these days, so haven't even turned it on in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

CatInABox wrote: »
    Haven't tried it to be honest, I purchased it, but I'm mainly Xbox One these days, so haven't even turned it on in months.

It starts to download then stops and simply says ' can't download sniper elite v2'. Raging, was looking forward to this one :(

It starts to download then stops and simply says ' can't download sniper elite v2'. Raging, was looking forward to this one :(

Ah I'm sure it'll be sorted in the next day or so. once you managed to initiate the download it registers that its yours so you can always pick it up again at any point once its been sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/02/exclusive_march_games_with_gold_jumping_into_view_double_helpings_in_april

looks like Raymon legends is next months gwg. Also says that were getting 2 games a month from april on xb1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote: »
    http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/02/exclusive_march_games_with_gold_jumping_into_view_double_helpings_in_april

looks like Raymon legends is next months gwg. Also says that were getting 2 games a month from april on xb1

I read from that, it will be 2 games IN April to celebrate the 100 million download mark. Not FROM April.

So 2 games in April then back to 1 game after that.

That's what I got from it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I read from that, it will be 2 games IN April to celebrate the 100 million download mark. Not FROM April.

So 2 games in April then back to 1 game after that.

That's what I got from it anyway.

Ya your probably right bud just gave a quick read of it myself ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Downloaded sniper elite 2 about 5 times and each time it comes up with incomplete download despite reaching the 3.3 GB. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Downloaded sniper elite 2 about 5 times and each time it comes up with incomplete download despite reaching the 3.3 GB. Very annoying.

I've given up on downloading it. Its a joke.

Advertisement