Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

GBX wrote: »
    I've given up on downloading it. Its a joke.

Got it eventually. Had to keep trying, leave tue Xbox on ans Not use Amy apps .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rottie 11 wrote: »
    http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/02/exclusive_march_games_with_gold_jumping_into_view_double_helpings_in_april

looks like Raymon legends is next months gwg. Also says that were getting 2 games a month from april on xb1

Nice! So glad I never bit anytime it was on sale now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I really like how Microsoft is now punishing me for buying the One with these garbage Games with Gold. #IDARB, seriously? Zero interest in Rayman Legends either.

Meanwhile, on the 360 they get Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.

You'd swear MS are trying to sell more controllers with these couch co-op focused One titles.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I really like how Microsoft is now punishing me for buying the One with these garbage Games with Gold. #IDARB, seriously? Zero interest in Rayman Legends either.

Meanwhile, on the 360 they get Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.

You'd swear MS are trying to sell more controllers with these couch co-op focused One titles.

The catalogue is too small and too recent for them to be giving away AAA titles for free. If you stick to sales and deals with gold you can get games very cheap anyway, hardly a punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

For the ONE, I am sticking to buying games in sales.

And if a games price in a sales seems too good to be true, it probably is, so buy it before the price goes up. eg. Lords of the Fallen.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The catalogue is too small and too recent for them to be giving away AAA titles for free. If you stick to sales and deals with gold you can get games very cheap anyway, hardly a punishment.

What I meant by punishment was it feels like punishment for upgrading from the 360 to the One.

Weird strategy Microsoft has. "Lets give great free games to people who still have a 360, and junk to those who've upgraded".

Also, both Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinite came out in 2013, the same year the One was released, so I wouldn't buy into the "too recent" argument either.

Hopefully April delivers something more worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I can't believe MS don't know I've already played Tomb Raider, why are they giving it to me. It's like I am being crucified!

What I meant by punishment was it feels like punishment for upgrading from the 360 to the One.

Weird strategy Microsoft has. "Lets give great free games to people who still have a 360, and junk to those who've upgraded".

Also, both Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinite came out in 2013, the same year the One was released, so I wouldn't buy into the "too recent" argument either.

Hopefully April delivers something more worthwhile.

Both those games have been available to buy for under a tenner on XBL though, they only give away games people are already likely to own as far as I can see. Hopefully some of the X1 launch titles, like Ryse, will start getting given away at least.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    For the ONE, I am sticking to buying games in sales.

And if a games price in a sales seems too good to be true, it probably is, so buy it before the price goes up. eg. Lords of the Fallen.

In my opinion, the sales are nothing to write home about either.

Was looking to get Shadow of Mordor, and was able to buy the physical copy (which I'll be able to re-sell or trade in down the road) for the same price as the digital copy on the MS site.

Was tempted by Assassins Creed Black flag in this week's sale, but again I can buy a digital copy cheaper from other sites.

Just think MS could step up their game a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Still don't know why MS is getting so much hate for games for gold at the end of the day when i 1st got my xbox 360 back in early 2007 and gold back then cost a good bit more then what it costs now there was no such thing as free games on it or having any kind of app on the 360.

I have played Rayman legends and its a fantastic platformer and i cant wait to play it again on the xbox one as i loved it on the PS Vita.

Was also thinking the other day i wouldn't mind playing Bioshock infinite and now i can save myself a CD and get it thanks to games for gold

MS only started giving away games thanks to PSN+ but before you give out about the xbox one games have a look at the crap we have got off sony since the ps4 came out LoL

And i will add #IDARB is quite fun online play it and you will enjoy it LoL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well i'm not complaining, I have a growing back log on the 360 and the ONE since GwG came along.

Granted some of them on the ONE might be sh1t, Crimson Dragon, etc...

What I meant by wait for the sales was, ONE games are too expensive, wait for the sales unless you really want the game new.

Sniper Elite 3 for 12 euro was great value, a friend of mine who is super tight even bought it at that price, and that says a lot. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is Bioshock infinite free on the 360 atm?

Is Bioshock infinite free on the 360 atm?

Should be the second half of next month. It's not officially confirmed yet either, but more than likely will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is it the newish tomb raider or one of the old ****ty ones I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The newish one. The older Tomb Raiders on 360 are all called Tomb Raider something or another but the newish one is just Tomb Raider which is what's rumoured to be free. Good game too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm playing through that tomb raider on Xbox one at the moment and its feckin class. A great one for games with gold as I reckon I'll have the whole thing wrapped up in about 15 hours playtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

PItty they didnt give it on the one . I was planning to get it but dont really bother with the 360 now even tho ive at least 30+ games i havent started on it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I read from that, it will be 2 games IN April to celebrate the 100 million download mark. Not FROM April.

So 2 games in April then back to 1 game after that.

That's what I got from it anyway.
    This is the thing I hate about Microsoft why only 1 game free on xb1 at least Sony gives you 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rob808 wrote: »
    This is the thing I hate about Microsoft why only 1 game free on xb1 at least Sony gives you 2.
    Hmmm, I think Sony sometimes give a second game that is for PS Vita that can be played on PS4 which isn't great.

The real value in GWG and PSN Plus is on Xbox 360 and PS3 IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rob808 wrote: »

To be fair at this point in the consoles life span there really aren't many games they have to chose from to give away, unless they were to give more recent full retail ones away every month which if we are honest isn't exactly commercially viable. Hence the difference between quality and quantity of games given free on 360 and One.

As for ps4 , what they have given away so far isn't exactly AAA either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28PAL_region%29#PlayStation_4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

calex71 wrote: »
    To be fair at this point in the consoles life span there really aren't many games they have to chose from to give away, unless they were to give more recent full retail ones away every month which if we are honest isn't exactly commercially viable. Hence the difference between quality and quantity of games given free on 360 and One.

As for ps4 , what they have given away so far isn't exactly AAA either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28PAL_region%29#PlayStation_4

That's true, but when you consider the DLC element, many AAA games charge the same price for their season pass as they do for the retail game.

For most titles, they probably make the majority of their revenue from the first month of sales and after that, they try to get an income from selling DLC. Giving away the retail game for free 6 months after the release will increase the sales of DLC content while also maintianing the day 1 purchase revenue (most people aint gonna wait 6 months to get the game for free if it's something they've been looking forward to)

in May2014 the games below were released to XBOX 1
    Worms Battlegrounds (already on GWG in december)

Watch Dogs

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Titanfall: Expedition

Super Time Force

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Nutjitsu

I reckon of the rest of those games, at least 2 more would be good candidates for GWG and still provide a revenue boost for the developers through DLC purchases.

Super Time Force was GwG too.

I am just waiting for the day they give away Fighter Within or Dance Central, a game which needs Kinect, can't wait for the entitled rage :)

I love the little Indie games they give away free, there's a charm to them and I know I would never buy them but am always happy I played them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Akrasia wrote: »
    That's true, but when you consider the DLC element, many AAA games charge the same price for their season pass as they do for the retail game.

For most titles, they probably make the majority of their revenue from the first month of sales and after that, they try to get an income from selling DLC. Giving away the retail game for free 6 months after the release will increase the sales of DLC content while also maintianing the day 1 purchase revenue (most people aint gonna wait 6 months to get the game for free if it's something they've been looking forward to)

in May2014 the games below were released to XBOX 1
    Worms Battlegrounds (already on GWG in december)

Watch Dogs

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Titanfall: Expedition

Super Time Force

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Nutjitsu

I reckon of the rest of those games, at least 2 more would be good candidates for GWG and still provide a revenue boost for the developers through DLC purchases.

They sold titanfall premium for 12.50 back a while ago, that was great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

They sold titanfall premium for 12.50 back a while ago, that was great value.

That was a really good price for the amount of content. Plus it got more people in lobbies. Titanfall is still my fav game on the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rizzla wrote: »
    Super Time Force was GwG too.

I am just waiting for the day they give away Fighter Within or Dance Central, a game which needs Kinect, can't wait for the entitled rage :)
    I am still waiting for them to pay me to play Fighter within :p

Even free in too expensive for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Bioshock Infinite? Bastards. Bought it at xmas. I'm gonna stop buying cheap games in their sales. It's like their last effort to make some money before the give it away free... Not for the first time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So Rayman Legends confirmed for Xbox One and Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for 360.

Why does 360 get two games, bigger backlog?

Also, double games with Gold confirmed for April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Lords of the Fallen to be one of the April games given that it was removed last minute from the big February sale where it was supposed to be 85% off?

COYVB wrote: »
    Lords of the Fallen to be one of the April games given that it was removed last minute from the big February sale where it was supposed to be 85% off?

I'd be very surprised. I reckon Titanfall or Ryse will be one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised. I reckon Titanfall or Ryse will be one.

I hope not I own both games

Advertisement