Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I thought I remember Major Nelson saying on Reddit a while ago that next month was going to be a extra special one.

I think it was meant to be the fact that we're getting a second game is extra special, not an extra special game.

With games with gold, I find that having zero expectations gives a more rewarding experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think it was meant to be the fact that we're getting a second game is extra special, not an extra special game.

With games with gold, I find that having zero expectations gives a more rewarding experience.

Knowing my luck it'll be something I own already anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I thought I remember Major Nelson saying on Reddit a while ago that next month was going to be a extra special one.

Hmmmmm, that Major Nelson gets excited over nothing.

Will believe extra special when I see it, hopefully it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep. When I look at my dashboard and see Idarb and Volgar the Viking, I know not to get excited.

Yep. When I look at my dashboard and see Idarb and Volgar the Viking, I know not to get excited.

volgar is cool - you're just not hard enough to beat it.

*disclaimer - I couldnt beat the first level :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »

I quite liked strike suit zero. The rest seemed lacklustre though.

I quite liked strike suit zero. The rest seemed lacklustre though.

Max and the curse of Brotherhood was good, guacamelee was phenomenal, worms battleground is a good game for multiplayer, Rayman Legends is well reviewed. Super Time Force wasn't for me, but some people love it.

its not been all muck when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Max and the curse of Brotherhood was good, guacamelee was phenomenal, worms battleground is a good game for multiplayer, Rayman Legends is well reviewed. Super Time Force wasn't for me, but some people love it.

its not been all muck when you think about it.

Worms was a disappointment, might be viewing the original through rose tinted glasses though.

Worms was a disappointment, might be viewing the original through rose tinted glasses though.

I think its about the same as all the worms games really, better with beer and friends for sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just hoping I get 1 game I dont already own :D would really be delighted with ryse or dr3 .

Surely the cant give the forza horizon dlc as a game ? What good would that be to people that dont have the game??

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just hoping I get 1 game I dont already own :D would really be delighted with ryse or dr3 .

Surely the cant give the forza horizon dlc as a game ? What good would that be to people that dont have the game??

its standalone, you can play it without the main game

its standalone, you can play it without the main game

Ah really that wouldnt be 2 bad then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Aprils GWG

Xbox One
    * Pool Nation FX ($9.99 ERP): Available all month on Xbox One
    * Child of Light ($14.99 ERP): Available all month on Xbox One

Xbox 360
    * Gears of War: Judgment ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
    * Terraria ($14.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
    * Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360
    * Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

Have to say, disappointed with the XOne choices again...a pool game and an RPG aren't really my cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Aprils GWG

Xbox One

Xbox 360
    * Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360
    * Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

Have to say, disappointed with the XOne choices again...a pool game and an RPG aren't really my cup of tea.
    How come there are 4 games for the 360 this month?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh well that's a disappointment. Heard Child of Light is good though at least, glad I didn't buy it on sale. Actually I'm just going to stop buying any indie games on sale as they all seem to end up as GWG shortly after.

Told ya he would get excited over nothing!
    Aprils GWG

Xbox One

I've never said that GwG was sh1te before. But I will now, especially after that ejit Nelson getting exciting over these.

So here goes, Aprils GwG are crap (not the games themselves - I expected a lot more the way they were built up when Marchs games were announced.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm disappointed but only cuz my expectations were too high! They are two games I considered buying before so not too bad.

Good haul for the 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I was really hoping for Ryse this time around because it's one I want to play but also one that I really don't want to spend money on :D

Seriously though, a feckin' pool game...that's the kind of stuff you play on your browser, not your 400-odd quid console!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played Child of Light on the Vita - it's pretty but dull. Pool Nation FX? I got bored of that kind of game after Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker on the Amiga.

Tell you what though, I think I'm going to have to pick up a cheap 360 having got rid of mine previously.

I won't be downloading any of the 360 ones either....

GOW Judgement was terrible compared to GOW3.

Not played Terraria or Army of Two, but neither of them are games that would interest me.

This is bottom of the barrel stuff from MS I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They could have at least thrown the XB1 version of Terraria in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Pretty happy to get black flag on 360.

Delighted to see gears of war on 360, loved the first 3, i know its not as well recieved as them, but for free I'll give it a whirl. Child of light was often nearly purchased, so happy enough with that as well.

Fairly disappointing now in fairness . Was expecting at least 1 aaa game. Played pool nation on 360 dont have a clue what child of light is

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

I haven't tried Terraria or Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag yet but I certainly wont be picking up Army of Two as I played it on my brothers xbox some time ago and didnt really like it, also as I'm not a shooter fan I wont be getting Gears either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Aprils GWG

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Happy with Pool Nation FX be a grand game to be playing with the lads online we where talking there a while ago and wonted something different to play and there it is.

Child of Light is a very very good game and well worth a play trow as its prob one of the best RPGS i have played in a long time.

For the 360 its a very good lineup there again. Gears of War: Judgment cant go wrong with a gears game for FREE have played a bit of this online and not the single player but its well worth a play online.

Terraria meh but some people love that game.

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag maybe the best Assassin’s Creed they have made the game is perfect in so many ways and just so much fun to play.

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel never played it but have it myself on disc has good reviews so is also worth a play if you like 3rd person shooters.

Extremely good month with 6 games for FREE you cant be giving out about that can you ?.

The thing i love on boards is when the new PSN+ games and the new Games with Gold games are out there is pages of none stop giving out over the FREE games you get. Considering when xbox live 1st started there was no such thing as free games when you had to pay the same price for Gold .....

Extremely good month with 6 games for FREE you can be giving out about that can you ?.

The thing i love on boards is when the new PSN+ games and the new Games with Gold games are out there is pages of none stop giving out over the FREE games you get. Considering when xbox live 1st started there was no such thing as free games when you had to pay the same price for Gold .....

Hello there, are you new? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Aprils GWG

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Is it pure pool that's free? Or are they releasing pool nation fx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Pool nation is a first class game I was reading people dissing it play it first lads it's excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Not the biggest fan of pool games but I'll give it a whirl, already have child of light and its well worth playing. On the 360 I'm looking forward to getting Judgement as I've yet to play it.

Advertisement