Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Also disappointed (personally) by the Xbox One selection. I already finished Child Of Light and got all achievements for it, then deleted it. Pool might be fun with my girlfriend over the weekend but more than likely will get deleted once the week begins again.

Meh, it's a shame. Oh well.

By the way, if you haven't played Child of Light yet, I urge you to get it when this is available on GWG. Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Games I don't have. Whahey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There's no way GWG is going to please everybody.

A few of the title's so far have been underwhelming (Worms for example) but the two titles this month both have good reviews.

I wonder if they would release a few games in different categories each month, RPG, Shooter, Sports etc and allow users to just download one, might keep more people happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

murpho999 wrote: »
    There's no way GWG is going to please everybody.

A few of the title's so far have been underwhelming (Worms for example) but the two titles this month both have good reviews.

I wonder if they would release a few games in different categories each month, RPG, Shooter, Sports etc and allow users to just download one, might keep more people happy.

Its down to the game library being so small really, in a few years there should be a lot better selection of games to choose from.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its down to the game library being so small really, in a few years there should be a lot better selection of games to choose from.

I agree but the disappointment this time stems from them bigging up the April GWG so much rather than the games themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I agree but the disappointment this time stems from them bigging up the April GWG so much rather than the games themselves.

If it was a normal GwG, I wouldn't have said a thing about the games.

But they stated last month that Aprils GwG was going to be something special.

And well its not really.

We've only ourselves to blame! remember major nelson pimping the "4K certified" HDMI cable during the unboxing video? :)

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If it was a normal GwG, I wouldn't have said a thing about the games.

But they stated last month that Aprils GwG was going to be something special.

And well its not really.

lol, someone should explain to them that twice the amount of meh, does not equal awesome.

lol, someone should explain to them that twice the amount of meh, does not equal awesome.

But what would you expect. Let's say for example you really like 'Forza' and Forza is released.

You are delighted but a person who would really like 'Child of Light' would say 'meh'.

But what would you expect. Let's say for example you really like 'Forza' and Forza is released.

You are delighted but a person who would really like 'Child of Light' would say 'meh'.

the crux of the matter is that no matter what they release, someone will be upset that they dont like it / already have it etc.
    I look at them all as bonuses but don't get overly bothered either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MOD: Guys the quality of games with gold argument/discussion is one that has been done to death here and elsewhere and it just goes round in circles till the rows and bitching start so it's a fruitless discussion to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

calex71 wrote: »
    MOD: Guys the quality of games with gold argument/discussion is one that has been done to death here and elsewhere and it just goes round in circles till the rows and bitching start so it's a fruitless discussion to have.

image.png?w=400&c=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Till next month so!!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

All the April Games with Gold are now available.

See here.

Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thanks!, 2 free games and Diablo 3. Now I have plenty to keep me going aswell as Hardline!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just watched a few videos of Child of Light.

Sigh.

Corvo wrote: »

Sigh.

Good review here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Corvo wrote: »

Sigh.

Completed it on the Vita. It's very pretty but gets a bit repetitive and can be dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Some fierce 90's b-sides going on re the Pool game. Very addictive all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Completed it on the Vita. It's very pretty but gets a bit repetitive and can be dull.
    Just played a few hours of Child of Light - it's definitely something that wouldn't have been my cup of tea before. But my opinion changed after playing it - visually stunning, very atmospheric and the JRPG-lite elements make it a more interesting game than the standard platformer I thought it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just started the pool game. The rules are totally different than normal pool??

I potted every ball on the table but missed the last one and my opponent pots the last ball then and wins ??

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just started the pool game. The rules are totally different than normal pool??

I potted every ball on the table but missed the last one and my opponent pots the last ball then and wins ??

You're probably playing 9 ball. where you pot the balls in sequence and whoever pots the 9 ball wins.

Go back and select the different variants of pool, they're are loads , from 8 ball, 9 ball, killers, snooker, they are all there.

You're probably playing 9 ball. where you pot the balls in sequence and whoever pots the 9 bill wins.

Go back and select the different variants of pool, they're are loads , from 8 ball, 9 ball, killers, snooker, they are all there.

Ya thats the one . What is normal pool called ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Ya thats the one . What is normal pool called ?

I think that's 8 ball but I could be very wrong.

Played Child of Light last night. Not a big platform fan but I enjoyed this. Good story, visuals and gameplay.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    UK Pool is the one with Reds+Yellows that you have to pot your colours then the Black ball at the end. Its probably the most common played one over here.

But isn't it the same rules as 8 ball, you just have solids and stripes instead of yellow and reds?

But isn't it the same rules as 8 ball, you just have solids and stripes instead of yellow and reds?

Ya its the same thing except different balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There is an 8 ball UK option which has the red and yellow balls and plays the way we know and love :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Assassins Creed: Black Flag and Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel are now both available to download for gold members.

See here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Got Assassins Creed and the free "compatibility patch maps" but keep getting an error saying try later when trying to purchase Army of Two, anyone else having problems?

Advertisement