Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Corvo wrote: »
    Really disappointing again. What has PSN got this month, I wonder...
    Jay sis. A phone game on your next gen console.

The usual negative reactions to GWG for XBONE but the reviews are fairly decent and it looks more than a phone game in the video below IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Awesome :)
    I'm really happy with those games for the 360.

Now all I need to do is get the bleedin internet set up in our new house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mafia II for the 360 is a great game, well worth a look.

Not into F1, but I'm sure driving fans will like that one.

I don't know anything about Castlestorm will give it a go, but I was hoping for Ryse! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone else having trouble downloading Mafia 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what a let down again for games with gold for xbox one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Castlestorm is actually a really fun game, but yeah, slightly underwhelming all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Anyone else having trouble downloading Mafia 2

Presume it's region locked, getting the "try again later message", will try cyberghost later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Presume it's region locked, getting the "try again later message", will try cyberghost later.

Same happened with sniper elite. It adds to my downloads, then disappears.

Same happened with sniper elite. It adds to my downloads, then disappears.

If the download is interrupted or crashes the game files stay on your hard drive and can prevent you from downloading it again.
    Try going into your storage settings and deleting any mafia 2 files on your HDD and then download it again.

(While you're in there, you can also look around for other junk files that might be clogging up your disk space)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

for what its worth, i tried to re download a game that I had deleted of my drive last night, and several times the download failed before eventually working. It must be an error on microsofts side. I'd say just keep trying until you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Akrasia wrote: »
    If the download is interrupted or crashes the game files stay on your hard drive and can prevent you from downloading it again.
    Try going into your storage settings and deleting any mafia 2 files on your HDD and then download it again.

(While you're in there, you can also look around for other junk files that might be clogging up your disk space)

This happened to me for Assassins creed as well, works a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mafia 2 downloaded fine for me.

Delete it from your HD and then clear system cache and try to download again.

I like the police system in Mafia 2, if you speed past a cop car, you can pull over and just pay a fine :P

Also I was fighting people in the street, a cop came over and told us to knock it off, I waited for him to leave before proceeding to knock the guy out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I like the police system in Mafia 2, if you speed past a cop car, you can pull over and just pay a fine :P

Also I was fighting people in the street, a cop came over and told us to knock it off, I waited for him to leave before proceeding to knock the guy out

Just finishing AC black flag before I give this a go, sounds fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah the bribe system is great in Mafia 2. Just keep crushing cars for 400 dollars a pop and you can pay your way out of most situations.

Forgot how good the story was.

My Mafia 2 is bugged :(

I can't pay Bruno back, it won't let me start the mission, I have the money required :///

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've been fairly vocal on my dislike of some of the releases on GWG, however I noticed the other day that I had downloaded Child of Light.

Stuck it on as I was bored and trying to convince myself that I don't need to study :pac:

Anyway, bloody loved it. Music is great, loved the gameplay, it looks magnificent.

So I'll shut up from now on. Well and truly humbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

My Mafia 2 is bugged :(

I can't pay Bruno back, it won't let me start the mission, I have the money required :///

You may have to start the chapter again unfortunately:mad:, it happened myself on chapter 14 when rescuing Joe, he wouldn't follow me down the stairs so was unable to exit building, I just restarted chapter and it worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oh, knock it off. I thought you said out. Sorry officer!

Might have to get myself a copy of that, sounds good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just started downloading F1 2013.

....and my backlog extends. Lol

Makes me feel slightly better knowing I didn't buy it to add it to the backlog like sooo many others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Just started downloading F1 2013.

....and my backlog extends. Lol

Makes me feel slightly better knowing I didn't buy it to add it to the backlog like sooo many others.

Tried this morning. Got to 27% and then stopped saying can't download. Can't download ever since. Deleted cache and anything on HDD, still no go. Will try again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

kleefarr wrote: »
    Tried this morning. Got to 27% and then stopped saying can't download. Can't download ever since. Deleted cache and anything on HDD, still no go. Will try again soon.

Mine finished downloading there a while back. Will give it a go later. Looks good from the reviews.

Haven't played an F1 game properly since the N64 one years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Didn't manage to get Mafia II as it's region locked so was hoping F1 would make up for it. Played it for 20 mins or so this morning, wasn't too impressed .

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Didn't manage to get Mafia II as it's region locked so was hoping F1 would make up for it. Played it for 20 mins or so this morning, wasn't too impressed .

What didn't you like?

I did the training/tests and they were suitably challenging but not too difficult

I haven't had a chance to do any races yet, but the handling is good and there is serious potential for some great racing in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

kleefarr wrote: »
    I had that with Mafia 2, still can't DL it but got Formula One fine. Can't get it to work at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Same problem every month. People can't download the free games, I can't either sometimes but when I start downloading them I just let my console on the dash cos usually when I start playing a game it's starts pending and then fails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Same problem every month. People can't download the free games, I can't either sometimes but when I start downloading them I just let my console on the dash cos usually when I start playing a game it's starts pending and then fails

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it - I tried Mafia about 15 times before it eventually downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

A Disgrace wrote: »
    I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it - I tried Mafia about 15 times before it eventually downloaded.

Ya it's a ball tbh. That usually works for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rottie 11 wrote: »

I find that I have to leave the xbox on dashboard as well, the background downloading doesnt seem to work properly any more on 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

F1 won't download for me either. Not even an error code. Really annoying as I was looking forward to playing this

Advertisement