Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Just cause 2 is mental, not sure if Im gonna like this freebie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just cause 2 is mental, not sure if Im gonna like this freebie :pac:

Finding it hard to get into and i dont know why....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Finding it hard to get into and i dont know why....

I think its to much running and gunning so far, also I seem to run out of ammo too easily and Im stuck using the claw thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

So can someone actually tell me if it's true that Ryse is going to be coming out soon on Games with Gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So can someone actually tell me if it's true that Ryse is going to be coming out soon on Games with Gold?

Nobody knows. We have been predicting it for next month for over a year now and it never materializes. So, you won't know for sure until it's actually announced. Anything else is just rumour.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nobody knows. We have been predicting it for next month for over a year now and it never materializes. So, you won't know for sure until it's actually announced. Anything else is just rumour.

Thanks for a genuine answer :)

I apologise on behalf of the other regular boardsies here. I'm pretty sure we all thought you were joking as we have been joking about it coming for quite some time now. :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Sorry i really did think you were joking when you asked the question

deco nate wrote: »
    Sorry i really did think you were joking when you asked the question
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I apologise on behalf of the other regular boardsies here. I'm pretty sure we all thought you were joking as we have been joking about it coming for quite some time now. :p:D

My own fault, only been on the Xbox Board with a few months, I'll have to catch up with ye're jokes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can you now download games on your 360, and then play them on your XB1, once backward compatibility is up and running properly?

Or am I being daft :pac:

Knex. wrote: »
    Can you now download games on your 360, and then play them on your XB1, once backward compatibility is up and running properly?

I think you can purchase xbone games on 360, but only download and play when u go next gen

Knex. wrote: »

Yes you can play all the 360 games once the full backwards compatibility is released and as long as each game dev for each game basically gives the thumbs up for their game to be playable through ONE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Anyone having trouble with Thief?

'Bought' it for free earlier, booted up th 360 and got the message 'Can't download Thief'.

Went back to the website to try again but now when I click to buy it it's giving me a Runtiime Error :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

pm1977x wrote: »

'Bought' it for free earlier, booted up th 360 and got the message 'Can't download Thief'.

Went back to the website to try again but now when I click to buy it it's giving me a Runtiime Error :confused:

It's most like likely a standard error unfortunately. Give it a day or two and it'll be totally fine, which, of course, isn't much consolation right now.

pm1977x wrote: »

Once the game starts downloading, walk away from the console. Leave it on download screen till its done. The only way it works for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Once the game starts downloading, walk away from the console. Leave it on download screen till its done. The only way it works for me

I've found that to be the only way to get it to download lately is to do exactly as you said. It used to be a bit more robust before. games also dont seem to download when the console is turned off anymore either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

walk away from the console
    - should be sticked as the correct procedure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

-Toppy- wrote: »
    - should be sticked as the correct procedure :D

In fact that could be the default answer to a lot queries!

I can't score goals and concede easy goals in FIFA. What do I do?
    walk away from the console.
    I get explicit messages when I beat people in COD. What can I do?
    I keep dying in Dark Souls. It's infuriating. Any Help?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For the month of July, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program.

This July represents two full years since we began giving Gold members access to amazing games, completely free. As a special thank you to our Xbox fans, we’re announcing that starting in July, Games with Gold will offer two new games on Xbox One every month.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag ($29.99 ERP) for free during the month of July. So Many Me ($14.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from July 16th to August 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Wednesday, July 1st, Plants vs. Zombies ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through July 15th. Then on July 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Gears of War 3 ($19.99 ERP) for free through July 31st.

Excellent, more free games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't played Gears 3, sweet :)

Would be wonderful if all GwG going forward were backwards compatible on release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

Black flag is a good one for sure. Biggest Xbox One GWG so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

maximoose wrote: »
    Would be wonderful if all GwG going forward were backwards compatible on release...
    I think they said somewhere that's the plan

Much appreciated CatInABox.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, although it's been available very cheap for quite a while now.

Oh nice 2 games a month on one from now on!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Bout time been a joke offering that pool game for the last 2 or 3 months. Played assassins creed last gen but black flag is defo one of the best ones gonna enjoying playing through it again.

Oh nice 2 games a month on one from now on!!!!

Indeed, from now on, there'll be two new games every month, an upgrade from the original offer of "two free games, with one new game per month."

See here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Aw boo. I have all those games already apart from that so many me one.

That being said, they're of a higher standard than we're used to which is always nice to see.

delighted to see gears 3, might hop back in for some Horde 2.0, epic times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Defintiely the biggest title so far. Fits the bill for GwG nicely, though. Title with loads of DLC and a sequel coming out shortly.

Has been available for dirt cheap digitally, too.

Advertisement