Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

First time so far I've looked at GwG and thought, "Definitely downloading that".

Haven't played Black Flag at all, so should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ac:black flag free, pity I already have it. On the plus side....... won't be long till we get Ryse ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nice 2 a month from now on. Goddam Microsoft really starting to raise the bar! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The missus be happy with Plants V Zombies I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Already have ac black flag but very happy were gonna be getting 2 games from now on yipeeeee :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hey PVZ Garden Warfare is a great little game. Don't knock it till you try it. Haven't tried the 360 version tho :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Hey PVZ Garden Warfare is a great little game. Don't knock it till you try it. Haven't tried the 360 version tho :)

Oh very different games both fun though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Its great craic, my son has it.....I spend hours on it myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Great news about 2 games.

I wonder if it will be 1 indie/arcade type game and then the other being a more major game like July.

Only thing is I got Assassins Black flag in my Xbox bundle. (Still haven't played it!)

Must say that XBOX One is really turning into a great console package with all the updates and features. Very happy I got it, as I really prefer it to PS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

murpho999 wrote: »
    Great news about 2 games.

I wonder if it will be 1 indie/arcade type game and then the other being a more major game like July.
    Ryse confirmed for August GwG! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

murpho999 wrote: »
    Must say that XBOX One is really turning into a great console package with all the updates and features. Very happy I got it, as I really prefer it to PS.

My PS4 is currently gathering dust. I got fed up with uninstalling games to play new ones, and the inability to install to an external drive still baffles me. So the Xbox One has a 2TB HD connected to it and gets used all the time (plus the wife uses it to watch cable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My PS4 is currently gathering dust. I got fed up with uninstalling games to play new ones, and the inability to install to an external drive still baffles me. So the Xbox One has a 2TB HD connected to it and gets used all the time (plus the wife uses it to watch cable)

Quick question on this - can you just connect a HD by USB and extra storage compared to the X360 which needed a specific Xbox storage unit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

GBX wrote: »
    Quick question on this - can you just connect a HD by USB and extra storage compared to the X360 which needed a specific Xbox storage unit?

Yes, drive must be bigger than 250 gb and have usb 3.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ryse confirmed for August GwG! :D

Awesome, thanks for this news! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Have played and beat both black flag and gears of war 3 and have played plants vs zombies so nothing special for me, so many me looks interesting, shall give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Is there a way to add gears 3 to my collection even if i dont have a 360 anymore?

It would come in handy for the backwards compat

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Is there a way to add gears 3 to my collection even if i dont have a 360 anymore?

It would come in handy for the backwards compat

you can get it on the xbox website

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Indeed, I have this page favourited:

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/games-with-gold?xr=shellnav

That way, whenever they become available, I go and get them all, and by the time I'm home, they've already downloaded. Even the 360 games just get added to my queue, as I haven't even got it plugged in anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I avoided this for ages because it was asking me for credit card details. But it turns out you still have to "buy" the game, including giving your credit card details. But the price is "Free".

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

wrt40 wrote: »
    I avoided this for ages because it was asking me for credit card details. But it turns out you still have to "buy" the game, including giving your credit card details. But the price is "Free".

I am not 100% sure but I think you can have a paypal account instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

GBX wrote: »

You're probably gone beyond using the 360, but it supports 2TB external harddrives now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

erkifino wrote: »
    You're probably gone beyond using the 360, but it supports 2TB external harddrives now.

Does this include game downloads and installs, or is it just for other stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Does this include game downloads and installs, or is it just for other stuff?

http://majornelson.com/2015/04/30/xbox-360-system-update-now-available-adds-support-for-2tb-hard-drives/

Larger external USB hard drives – Plug in any external USB hard drive up to 2 TB to store your Xbox 360 downloads, profile, saved games, and other data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Assassin's Creed Black Flag for Xbox One is up now on GWG.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Plants v zombies not coming up free for me yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

martin101 wrote: »
    Plants v zombies not coming up free for me yet.

Is it going to be free? It's in the GWG section at a discounted price atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

people are getting mixed up between 2 different games,

Plants V Zombies - Garden Warfare - is discounted, and is a shooter, think of a colourful, scaled down version of battlefield.

Plants V Zombies - is a tower defense game, which is going to be free with gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Garden Warfare is on Deals with Gold.

The original Plants Vs Zombies is on Games with Gold, it just hasn't appeared on the Games with Gold page yet. Sometimes that page can be half a day behind, but it's weird that they've got the Xbox One games there, but no 360 games.

Anyway, PvZ is currently free here.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Ah right. I see. Cheers guys. It will probably be another game I will never get around to playing anyway ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

people are getting mixed up between 2 different games,

Plants V Zombies - Garden Warfare - is discounted, and is a shooter, think of a colourful, scaled down version of battlefield.

Plants V Zombies - is a tower defense game, which is going to be free with gold.

I didn't realise they were both on deals/games with gold at the sand time. Already have Garden Warfare, played it for about 15 mins and never turned it on again!

Advertisement