Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Garden Warfare is great fun, still go back to it every now and then for a few matches.

Haven't played the original 360 arcade game, I assume it's similar to the mobile game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Nice, but region locked :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Downloaded Black Flag last night.

Still playing The Witcher 3, but its nice to have that in reserve for later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Really enjoying Black Flag, far better than Unity. Love the whole at sea thing, and the water looks beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,382 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Boy did I feel guilty killing all those whales though.....the humans on the other hand, stabby fun times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Boy did I feel guilty killing all those whales though.....the humans on the other hand, stabby fun times.
    Killed a turtle on one of the beaches felt awful especially as you get nothing for it

You should take the Japanese approach in this game :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

And charge into a Miami Dolphins game and kill all their players :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Anyone else get the feeling that metal gear gz will be a gwg gold next month. Was already free on psn and with metal gear 5 coming out start of sept would make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

tkd93 wrote: »
    Anyone else get the feeling that metal gear gz will be a gwg gold next month. Was already free on psn and with metal gear 5 coming out start of sept would make sense.

The thought of this also crossed my mind and is the very reason I haven't bought it for the Xbox One yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

tkd93 wrote: »
    I was thinking about that a few hours ago and was going to post that. I'm annoyed that they got it months ago and I'm not willing to pay anymore than €20 for it due to the fact that it's only a few hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

I was thinking about that a few hours ago and was going to post that. I'm annoyed that they got it months ago and I'm not willing to pay anymore than €20 for it due to the fact that it's only a few hours ago.
    I wouldnt even a pay a tenner 2 of my mates who have never played a metal gear game completed it in 80 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Was this the Metal Gear that was reduced on Xbox One recently?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gears of War 3 for 360 is out on gold now.

See here.

Also, there's a rumour that it'll be in the next set of Backward compatible games as well, so you'll be able to check it out on your Xbox One.

EDIT: Sigh. I now see that Gears of War being out is old news. That's what happens when I don't pay attention!

So Many Me is quite fun, started it up yesterday to realise it mysteriously deleted about 5 levels progress though :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,382 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    So Many Me is quite fun, started it up yesterday to realise it mysteriously deleted about 5 levels progress though :mad:

There's a bug the devs have acknowledge apparently, did you turn off your console while you still had the game open?

Hi everyone, My name is Nenin and I am the developer of the latest gold game on xbox one, So Many Me.
    Apparently, we have been reported about a bug that makes players lose progress on their game due to the console sleeping on idle. Our team is investigating the issue at the moment, and we will release the update to prevent this issue as soon as possible. In the mean time, we suggest that you should exit the game by choosing the exit game option on the xbox home (don't turn off the console with the power button before exit the game), and be careful of letting the system idle and sleep.
    We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for supporting our So Many Me.
    UPDATE: July,20
    Here is what the team finds out:
    If your xbox power mode is set to instant-on (instant-resume) and the game is left open when the console shutdown or sleep, once the system came back up, if you sign in before launching the game, it will lose connection to storage at that point. Any progress you make afterward will not be saved.
    We will release a patch to fix it as soon as possible. But unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to recover your lost progress.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you should exit the game by choosing the exit game option on the xbox home (don't turn off the console with the power button before exit the game). Or launch the game without signing in first (the game will show account picker and then reconnect to the storage once you choose your account). Please be noted that if the connection with storage is already lost before hand, this process might not work to prevent the issue.

Yeah that's probably the reason then, think I dashboarded it and went to netflix or something then turned the console off. Damn. At least I don't have to spend long figuring out the levels again, some are tricky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I never use that instant-on (instant-resume) setting, it seems to cause nothing but issues with achievement tracking and game progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Games with gold for August has apparently leaked. According to a screenshot on 4 Chan and reddit, it'll be Ryse and Slash Dash for Xbox one, Catherine and Fallout: New Vegas for 360.

• Advertisement

It's not fact yet though. Ryde was rumored/ confirmed for a while but to give slash dash away for free after it's only been released last Friday seems questionable.

Games with gold for August has apparently leaked. According to a screenshot on 4 Chan and reddit, it'll be Ryse and Slash Dash for Xbox one, Catherine and Fallout: New Vegas for 360.

I'll believe it when they announce it officially. The fact it's Legendary edition of ryse makes me suspicious but I hope it's true of course.

It's not fact yet though. Ryde was rumored/ confirmed for a while but to give slash dash away for free after it's only been released last Friday seems questionable.

Massive Chalice was GwG on the day it was first released for the console so it's not that unlikely.

Massive Chalice was GwG on the day it was first released for the console so it's not that unlikely.

So was "So Many Me" but they haven't released a game on sale for a month before putting it into gwg, yet....

A few games were released under GWG for free like IDARB, so many me, pool nation fx, chariot but my point was that they were free with gold on day of release. Slash Dash being out for 10 days makes the rumor a bit dodgy.

Ah I get you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll believe it when they announce it officially. The fact it's Legendary edition of ryse makes me suspicious but I hope it's true of course.

It would be amazeballs if it was the Legendary edition of Ryse for next months Games with Gold for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Neogaf have debunked the image as a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If it was the standard edition of Ryse I'd say maybe but the Legendary edition is a big ask for Games with Gold. Normally the studios behind a GWG title like to sell all the DLC to people who download the game when it's free.

GamesCom is on in August so Microsoft might be looking to drop a good game into GWG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hmmm its not Ryse that makes me suspicious that that screenshot may be fake, its Catherine.

Catherine is not really your normal family friendly(ish) GwG title.

Advertisement