Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Hmmm its not Ryse that makes me suspicious that that screenshot may be fake, its Catherine.

Catherine is not really your normal family friendly(ish) GwG title.

If I am not mistaken it was a free game on PSN+ over year ago so I wouldn't really class it as a no no for a games with gold game.

But with Ryse I do see it as a games with gold game next month but I don't think we be getting the one with all the DLC as they have to try sell the DLC for something to try and make extra on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ Great, hope its real so.

I'd probably download all 4 titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Knew it was fake.

That Slash Dash is out now too, they aren't gonna punish people who purchased it by making it free 2-3 weeks later. (I hope not anyways or I would be afraid to buy anything)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dishonored: Definitive Edition is on Xbox market for €39.99 or €20 for anyone who owns it digitally for 360 including those of us who grabbed it whilst it was with games with gold.

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Dishonored-Definitive-Edition/f8259006-fc7b-4dc0-970a-3e4e6ce25512

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I went for the Wolfenstein Bundle. Enjoying New Order in fairness, game pace is slow but its alot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Dishonored: Definitive Edition is on Xbox market for €39.99 or €20 for anyone who owns it digitally for 360 including those of us who grabbed it whilst it was with games with gold.

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Dishonored-Definitive-Edition/f8259006-fc7b-4dc0-970a-3e4e6ce25512

That's the right way to do that kind of thing, they did a similar thing with State of Decay. Think I'm going to get it after seeing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's the right way to do that kind of thing, they did a similar thing with State of Decay. Think I'm going to get it after seeing that.

I played Dishonoured on the 360 but after an hour I'd to call it quits as it was giving me terrible headaches and motion sickness. The same happened with Mirrors Edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Sweet deal but dont know if I should get it ,it might becomes backwards compatible in a few months.

Still no news on Augusts GwG titles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Still no news on Augusts GwG titles?
    They normally announce on the last Thursday of the month

Going with Ryse and LocoCycle as my prediction :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Praying for ryse this month. I'm running out of games to play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

or the month of August, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for free during the month of August. How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition will be available as a free download from August 16th to September 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Saturday, August 1st, Metro 2033 will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through August 15th. Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Metro: Last Light for free through August 31st.

Not a bad month at all on both consoles. I am finding games for gold a lot better then PSN+ the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

or the month of August, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for free during the month of August. How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition will be available as a free download from August 16th to September 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Saturday, August 1st, Metro 2033 will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through August 15th. Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Metro: Last Light for free through August 31st.

Not a bad month at all on both consoles. I am finding games for gold a lot better then PSN+ the last few months.

I'm happy with that. Never played any of them. Hopefully Metro will be added to the Backwards Compatibility list :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very happy with the two Metro Games

Ground Zeroes is little more than a demo, meh. How to Survive looks like a bit of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

maximoose wrote: »
    Very happy with the two Metro Games

Ground Zeroes is little more than a demo, meh. How to Survive looks like a bit of fun
    Glad to get metal gear thought it will scratch my mg itch until the main game comes out plus no way i was paying for it. Anyone know if the other game is any good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

tkd93 wrote: »
    Glad to get metal gear thought it will scratch my mg itch until the main game comes out plus no way i was paying for it. Anyone know if the other game is any good??

Was thinking the same. Haven't played a metal gear game since ps2 so I'm looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Something pulled me away from buying GZ the other day. I was so close to buying it. Great news to hear on my birthday. Woohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Off to CEX tomorrow with my copy of MGS:GZ. I'll only get 7 euro. Good month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The main story in MGS GW is only around 1 hour 30 minutes which is a disgrace imo. The main game with all the extras is only 6 hours... Imagine if you paid full price for a demo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm going to have to buy Ryse, aren't I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Please do, then sod's law dictates we get it free next month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I'll bet ye a euro to a cent that Ryse will be the December gwg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

deco nate wrote: »
    I'll bet ye a euro to a cent that Ryse will be the December gwg!

That'll do fine :P

Il wait for another year for it before il buy it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Haha. It was sh*te tbf. Really shallow, combat was alright but a really empty world. Anyway €13 from here http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/ryse-son-of-rome-xbox-one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Same here, I've actually dropped PS+ about two months ago & haven't missed it at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Myrddin wrote: »
    Same here, I've actually dropped PS+ about two months ago & haven't missed it at all.

Well you missed probably the most fun, pure multiplayer game on both platforms in a few months, in rocket league on the ps4 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah must admit I'm pretty jealous about Rocket League, looks like great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Journey looks great. Always wanted to play that. Come to Xbox pleeease!

Advertisement