Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

It's a bit disingenuous of MS to have a game on sale a month ago, and then release it on Game With Gold. They shouldn't be surprised if people stop purchasing games on sale if they're going to pull a cash-grab stunt like this.

Picked it up on sale last month. Will hold off now in future if a game comes up at a knockdown price like TR did, only for it to be free a month or two later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a bit disingenuous of MS to have a game on sale a month ago, and then release it on Game With Gold. They shouldn't be surprised if people stop purchasing games on sale if they're going to pull a cash-grab stunt like this.

thats been happening since games with gold started on the 360, and you'll often see games that are free with gold, go on sale frequently after that. personally I've no problem with it, If you thought it was good value at a tenner, you still got the enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

trixiebust wrote: »
    Picked it up on sale last month. Will hold off now in future if a game comes up at a knockdown price like TR did, only for it to be free a month or two later.
    Got caught out before with bioshock and a few others. Wont be doing this in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

thats been happening since games with gold started on the 360, and you'll often see games that are free with gold, go on sale frequently after that. personally I've no problem with it, If you thought it was good value at a tenner, you still got the enjoyment out of it.

Well I've been an Xbox Live member since 2008, and that hasn't been my experience. I haven't seen a AAA title be so heavily discounted in a sale and then made available free through Games with Gold so soon after.

Don't get me wrong, I still got more than my value for money out of the game, but it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Nobody likes being made feel a bit of a chump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

you just never know. I let some games pass on sale gambling on getting them free but it hasn't happened. regret it now, actually even bought one of them cheapish enough in argos but not as cheap as the games with gold sale. Been holding out for Wolfenstein for so long now....maybe next month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So, now we have cracked the pattern. When Ryse is a tenner, within three months it will be GwG.

wrt40 wrote: »
    you just never know. I let some games pass on sale gambling on getting them free but it hasn't happened. regret it now, actually even bought one of them cheapish enough in argos but not as cheap as the games with gold sale. Been holding out for Wolfenstein for so long now....maybe next month!
    18 in cex

So, now we have cracked the pattern. When Ryse is a tenner, within three months it will be GwG.
    Nah my money is on thief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Apologies if this has been asked before but is there anyway to download games from previous months? Missed out on MGS this month :(

• Advertisement

EoinAFC wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before but is there anyway to download games from previous months? Missed out on MGS this month :(

See if its still free quick:

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-GROUND-ZEROES/01a93174-b0e0-48dd-a9b5-8cecd7b2af68

Just missed it, why did i have to fall asleep haha

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Deer God is a waste of time. Game is ridiculously buggy and glitchy, even if you want to run through it for achievements you can't because even they are glitched.
    Made it as far as a fully grown deer and died, respawned as a fawn and can't jump over any platforms so I just got trapped. Textures don't appear in certain parts, lot of invisible walls, for such a simple platform game its pretty rubbish

In relation to the zombie game, does anyone know is it related to the similar store game that came out a number of years ago.. The name escapes me but it was a top down, co-op optional game.

Watched a bit on twitch and I looked identical.

In relation to the zombie game, does anyone know is it related to the similar store game that came out a number of years ago.. The name escapes me but it was a top down, co-op optional game.

Watched a bit on twitch and I looked identical.

Zombie Apocalypse maybe? If it's that then it's not much like it. How to survive has 5 or 6 islands , crafting, a day - night cycle etc.

Zombie Apocalypse maybe? If it's that then it's not much like it. How to survive has 5 or 6 islands , crafting, a day - night cycle etc.

Gave it a search since your suggestion didn't show up a result.

Dead Nation is what it was. May have been PS3 only though but it had certain similarity to this minus the RPG aspects, was more of an arcade shooter.
    Still a bit similar, thought it may have been the same devs.

Deer God is a waste of time. Game is ridiculously buggy and glitchy, even if you want to run through it for achievements you can't because even they are glitched.
    Made it as far as a fully grown deer and died, respawned as a fawn and can't jump over any platforms so I just got trapped. Textures don't appear in certain parts, lot of invisible walls, for such a simple platform game its pretty rubbish

My game wont even save, say's it's saved but when i go back to play it starts again. Can't get my head around the game at all. It just makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is there any point downloading that game so if it broke?

You know what the worst part about those broken achievements is ???? They have been broken in the steam version since it's release in February so that means that they were ported over to the xbox broken. Which says little more to me than "lazy cash grab"

Maybe the extra exposure of being on games with gold and people on various achievement tracking sites taking to their twitter might pressure them into fixing the game over all but for now I won't be going them the revenue generated by me clicking download on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is there any point downloading that game so if it broke?

It's terrible dude. Don't even bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tomb raider full price for me, is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Tomb raider full price for me, is that right?

Tomb Raider free from mid september.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

It's terrible dude. Don't even bother.

Would have to agree with Stone Deaf quite possibly the worst GwG title.

I died as a fox, then re-incarnated as a fawn I was then killed by some jumping frogs, and re-incarnated as a porcupine that couldn't jump, I then had to mash the A button as said porcupine for 10 mins so I could die and then go back to being the fawn that was then killed by those stupid jumping spiders.

I give up, I just don't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Is the zombie game any use? Have been replaying the mass effect trilogy so have MGS, the 2 metro games and that plane fighting game(yeh to lazy to check :pac:) still to play so I'll be busy until fallout 4 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Around what day of the month do we get news of the following month's GWG list? I know I'm jumping the gun a bit :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Around what day of the month do we get news of the following month's GWG list? I know I'm jumping the gun a bit :o

It'll be Ryse next month for sure :D

Forza 5 or dr3

What's the 360 game again

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote:
    What's the 360 game again

Crysis 3 :D

Advertisement