Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Crysis 3 :D

Not bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Nice one, purchased it here from my phone. Handy to be able to do that as my broadband connection isn't great, hopefully be there when I get home.

Did they ever patch the frame-rate issues with this I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Around what day of the month do we get news of the following month's GWG list? I know I'm jumping the gun a bit :o

usually near the last Thursday of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Xbox One owners should definitely add Crysis 3 to their downloads. I'd put any money on EA getting right behind backwards compatibility as a way to further flesh out EA Access.

Xbox One owners should definitely add Crysis 3 to their downloads. I'd put any money on EA getting right behind backwards compatibility as a way to further flesh out EA Access.

All GWG 360 games will be backwards compatible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All GWG 360 games will be backwards compatible

Only guaranteed from November onwards.

Only guaranteed from November onwards.

BC comes out for everyone in November and MS announced that all future gwg will be backwards compatible. They didnt mention November as the start date for games going BC guaranteed from GWG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Nice one was about halfway through on the 360 version and was enjoying it. Don't mind starting again on the One and I didn't get any of the DLC last time so this worked out well, for me at least. Also have the puzzles from the first half solved so shouldn't take me long to catch up to where I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I'm playing last month's 360 game 'battlestations pacific'... great game but really hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

I know this is abit early but reckon thief will be a gwg soon. Came out a month after tomb raider and was recently heavily discounted in a xbox store sale. That or murder souls suspect.

• Advertisement

tkd93 wrote: »
    I know this is abit early but reckon thief will be a gwg soon. Came out a month after tomb raider and was recently heavily discounted in a xbox store sale. That or murder souls suspect.

Bah, we all know it will be Ryse next month for sure :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I really want to play that game again!

Hurry up and give it to us GWG already ffs :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I really want to play that game again!

Hurry up and give it to us GWG already ffs :pac:

Exact reason I don't think it will be on gwg any time soon. Lots of people want it so why give it away for free?

Tinie wrote: »
    Exact reason I don't think it will be on gwg any time soon. Lots of people want it so why give it away for free?

Because anyone who wanted it enough to buy it would have bought it by now in the nearly 2 years it's been out.

It was a day 1 purchase for me but sold it after I completed it whilst it was still worth a decent price.

A good AAA game like that would also help attract more gold subscriptions, new owners etc. I'd imagine.

Saying that, maybe they might keep it for the second half of November for when it will be its 2 year anniversary but then again Dead Rising and other games hmmm....

Because anyone who wanted it enough to buy it would have bought it by now in the nearly 2 years it's been out.

It was a day 1 purchase for me but sold it after I completed it whilst it was still worth a decent price.

A good AAA game like that would also help attract more gold subscriptions, new owners etc. I'd imagine.

Saying that, maybe they might keep it for the second half of November for when it will be its 2 year anniversary but then again Dead Rising and other games hmmm....

They both have paid dlc and season passes which is usually a positive for a GwG candidate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Stop saying that. Every time i see ryse on special all I think of is that running joke on this thread -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I'm having a problem adding Crysis 3 to my account from the Marketplace website, I'm getting the error message "This content is not available for consoles in your region.". I've been with their live chat support (bah) a number of times clearing browser caches and syncing my billing address amongst every Microsoft billing website in existence. And yes, I purchased a Gold subscription.

Has anyone encountered this problem, and if so, has anyone been able to fix it?

EDIT 2: They're saying Crysis 3 isn't available in my region (Ireland). WTF???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

GreenWolfe wrote: »
    I'm having a problem adding Crysis 3 to my account from the Marketplace website, I'm getting the error message "This content is not available for consoles in your region.". I've been with their live chat support (bah) a number of times clearing browser caches and syncing my billing address amongst every Microsoft billing website in existence. And yes, I purchased a Gold subscription.

It is available, most likely you got through to someone has no clue about their job.

You might have run through this already with the support guys, but it's the first thing that I'd try myself:

Make sure you're trying to download from the Irish website. Xbox.com has reset to the US on me several times, and that can screw purchases up. Go to Xbox.com, down the bottom left of the page is the region that your using. Make sure it's Ireland.

Then try out this link, it's a direct link to Crysis 3 on Xbox.com.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ie/Product/Crysis-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541098e?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

If that doesn't work, then I'll try think of something in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Just to double check, are you actually physically in Ireland, not just using an Irish account?

CatInABox wrote: »
    It is available, most likely you got through to someone has no clue about their job.

You might have run through this already with the support guys, but it's the first thing that I'd try myself:

Make sure you're trying to download from the Irish website. Xbox.com has reset to the US on me several times, and that can screw purchases up. Go to Xbox.com, down the bottom left of the page is the region that your using. Make sure it's Ireland.

Then try out this link, it's a direct link to Crysis 3 on Xbox.com.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ie/Product/Crysis-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541098e?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

If that doesn't work, then I'll try think of something in the morning.

I tried your idea and it didn't work unfortunately.
    SuperS54 wrote: »
    Just to double check, are you actually physically in Ireland, not just using an Irish account?

Yep, physically in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I tried your idea and it didn't work unfortunately.

Yep, physically in Ireland.

Sometimes with these 360 games you need to tie them to your account on the console it seems, the website just wont work.

Tinie wrote: »
    Sometimes with these 360 games you need to tie them to your account on the console it seems, the website just wont work.

Next step, pick up a second-hand Xbox 360...

Have you tried Xbox 360 Smartglass?

Not sure if you can purchase games through that, haven't used it in so long but worth a try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've got one I'm looking to unload if you're genuinely interested. HDMI and 1 wireless controller.

Have you tried Xbox 360 Smartglass?

Not sure if you can purchase games through that, haven't used it in so long but worth a try...

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't show an offer to purchase, it just complained when it couldn't find an Xbox 360. I didn't realise getting a Gold sub would end up costing me more money!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Valiant Hearts: The Great War ($14.99 ERP) for free during the month of October. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($24.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from October 16th to November 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Thursday, October 1st, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through October 15th. Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($24.99 ERP) for free through October 31st.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,382 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Valiant Hearts is meant to be very good. Would be delighted about walking dead if I didn't already have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah now, whilst theres no doubt that The walking dead is a good game, giving it away on both platforms at once is a bit poo. I was willing to let tomb raider and Asassins Creed 4 slide as they were a few months apart.

it also doesn't help that I already own everything apart from valiant hearts (which I'm delighted about, as I've often been tempted to get it. )

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't show an offer to purchase, it just complained when it couldn't find an Xbox 360. I didn't realise getting a Gold sub would end up costing me more money!

If you've got a friend with an Xbox 360, could you add your account to their Xbox?

Microsoft changed their system awhile back so that people could "download" games without owning the relevant console, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. It does sound as if there's just something wrong with the set up of your account, but Microsoft have one of the worst account management set-ups going.

Have you downloaded any other 360 Games with Gold games before?

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you've got a friend with an Xbox 360, could you add your account to their Xbox?

Microsoft changed their system awhile back so that people could "download" games without owning the relevant console, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. It does sound as if there's just something wrong with the set up of your account, but Microsoft have one of the worst account management set-ups going.

Have you downloaded any other 360 Games with Gold games before?

AFAIK you need to have logged in on a 360 at least once.

Advertisement