Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CatInABox wrote: »
    On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Valiant Hearts: The Great War ($14.99 ERP) for free during the month of October. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($24.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from October 16th to November 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Thursday, October 1st, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through October 15th. Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($24.99 ERP) for free through October 31st.

I can't read this, if only it was presented in table format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Valiant Hearts is meant to be very good. Would be delighted about walking dead if I didn't already have it.

Same as that, Walking Dead season 1 for those who haven't played it tho, ENJOY! :D
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I can't read this, if only it was presented in table format.

haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I'm actually playing Valiant Hearts this week. Fantastic game and worth paying money for, let alone getting for free.

I'm jealous of anyone who hasn't played The Walking Dead yet. Having it on both consoles is a bit strange. It's not a month for Xbox One users to look forward to in terms of backwards compatibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

If you've got a friend with an Xbox 360, could you add your account to their Xbox?

Microsoft changed their system awhile back so that people could "download" games without owning the relevant console, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. It does sound as if there's just something wrong with the set up of your account, but Microsoft have one of the worst account management set-ups going.

Have you downloaded any other 360 Games with Gold games before?
    AFAIK you need to have logged in on a 360 at least once.

This is my first 360 GwG download.

I broke down and got a used Xbox 360 after work. Crysis 3 is downloading right now :) My gaming backlog has been expanding in all directions lately...

It would have been fantastic if their support folks could have told me that in the first place. Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I needzz da tablez

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Valiant Hearts: The Great War ($14.99 ERP) for free during the month of October. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($24.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from October 16th to November 15th.
    On Xbox 360, starting Thursday, October 1st, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through October 15th. Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($24.99 ERP) for free through October 31st.

Close enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looking forward to playing MGS again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

so Ryse is in November, for sure :D

Sigh, BA DUM TSS

If it isn't November for the 2nd anniversary then I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sigh, BA DUM TSS

If it isn't November for the 2nd anniversary then I give up.

There's always December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It will take longer to download the game then actually play the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

F*ck it, no Ryse next month either so I took the plunge and bought it on CDKeys for €12.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

bajer101 wrote: »
    F*ck it, no Ryse next month either so I took the plunge and bought it on CDKeys for €12.50

I'm confident it's going to be gwg now pretty soon :P

bajer101 wrote: »

Thanks for taking 1 for the team. I look forward to it in November for definite now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Haven't played either of those so I'll probably pick them up.
    I watched a playthrough of Walking Dead but TellTale games have so many different ways of ending up I'm confident it won't be the same as the one I watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Came home locked last night and bought ryse.

F**k.

after tomb raider gate, if this is gwg next month man will i be pissed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm actually quite enjoying Tomb Raider; I'm not sure I'd have felt the same way if I paid for it though. :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I paid €4 for it and at the time thought that's about what it's worth, pretty boring and simplistic, just felt like running from one cutscene to the next with little sense of achievement.

I paid €4 for it and at the time thought that's about what it's worth, pretty boring and simplistic, just felt like running from one cutscene to the next with little sense of achievement.

I think €4 is about the max I'd feel comfortable paying for it now that I've played it. For free though, it's pretty fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

4 quid...what?!! I really enjoyed it. Great game.

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    4 quid...what?!! I really enjoyed it. Great game.

Same, I completed it 100% on pc last year and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I enjoyed it too, but I wish there'd been more tomb raiding and less combat.

I enjoyed it too, but I wish there'd been more tomb raiding and less combat.
    I found the combat quite clunky, particularly hand-to-hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I found the combat quite clunky, particularly hand-to-hand.

to be fair combat has never been good in any tombraider game, I actually enjoyed the game from top to bottom, I can see why people griped about the mass murder of so many soldiers, but at the end of the day, its still a very fine game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

to be fair combat has never been good in any tombraider game, I actually enjoyed the game from top to bottom, I can see why people griped about the mass murder of so many soldiers, but at the end of the day, its still a very fine game.

Rather than the mass murder of every kind of endangered species. No matter what she was killing, the vast number of deaths was always going to be unrealistic.

I've always found it to be one of the more unusual things to gripe about, almost every game has genocide against some "enemy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've always found it to be one of the more unusual things to gripe about, almost every game has genocide against some "enemy".

Rather than the mass murder of every kind of endangered species. No matter what she was killing, the vast number of deaths was always going to be unrealistic.

That didn't really bother me, as it was certainly framed in a "kill or be killed" point of view story-wise.

The game is just very short and linear; the movement controls are ok but not amazing; the Tomb Raiding is ancillary at best.

It's certainly not a bad game, I'm just saying I'm glad I didn't pay for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

MGS, nice. Although still haven't gotten around to playing crysis....or sleeping dogs.....or future soldier....or pretty much anything released on gwg apart from Super Street Fighter

I still get excited about a new free game though. I've got issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Tomb Raider has been one of the best games I have played on the Xbox One. I am looking forward to the sequel.

It's a game I would have no problem paying full price for like many people have. It was worth every penny. I enjoyed it so much I went down the completionist route trying to get the most out of it which is very unlike me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Tomb Raider has been one of the best games I have played on the Xbox One. I am looking forward to the sequel.

It's a game I would have no problem paying full price for like many people have. It was worth every penny. I enjoyed it so much I went down the completionist route trying to get the most out of it which is very unlike me.

Was glad I picked it up in the summer last year, really enjoyed it and getting most of the achievements. The multiplayer was good fun too!

Advertisement