Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

AS a Tomb Raider game it was terrible, the puzzles in the tombs were extremely simple and figured out within 2mins, plus all the Tombs were optional extras. Having played every game in the series and being addicted since the minute I played the first one nearly 20yrs ago, I honestly don't consider this a true Tomb Raider game outside of the fact they use Lara Croft. I bought it on release day for the 360 and cleared single player 100% in two days. I picked it up again on the One and again cleared it in two days (though I haven't 100% this time). It's far too easy, the original game took my a solid month playing pretty much everyday to complete.

As a stand alone game I would probably agree with most that it's a great game but as far as being part of the Tomb Raider series, it sucks. I actually probably enjoyed the Temple of Osiris more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

i'll send you a pm with the cheat to see her naked

(i'm the only one in the world who knows what it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Akrasia wrote:

Womb Raider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Akrasia wrote: »

(i'm the only one in the world who knows what it is)
    Has it anything to do with having Wannabe by the Spice Girls playing at the same time? Maybe that was a PS exclusive cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Advertisement

Valiant Hearts: The Great War is now free with gwg on XB1

as well as

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Some people might not be happy with these months games for gold but The walking dead season 1 hands down is better then the full line up on PSN+ games this month :eek:.

Some people might not be happy with these months games for gold but The walking dead season 1 hands down is better then the full line up on PSN+ games this month :eek:.

Walking dead is unbelievable!

I'm very happy with Valiant Hearts too, I was wanting that game! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I would rate the 1st walking dead game as the best telltale game then Tales from the Borderlands. The 2nd season was meh and Game Of thrones was so so boring :O i gave up after Epp 2.

Same Valiant Hearts is made from the same game enagne as child of light and rayman so it should look fantastic :).

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Is it still possible to get crysis 3 for xbox 360 for free or is it gone now?

Wanted to get it so I could play if it became backward compatible on xbox one.

Also do I need to download the 360 free games onto the 360 console? How then do I get it to the xbox one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Is it still possible to get crysis 3 for xbox 360 for free or is it gone now?

Wanted to get it so I could play if it became backward compatible on xbox one.

Also do I need to download the 360 free games onto the 360 console? How then do I get it to the xbox one?

I dodn't think you will be able to get the game for free as they were for last month, check just in case.

You can get the free games even if you don't have the console, you will not be able to play on the Xbox One unless is a game that will be backward compatible, in that case you will be able to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

nava wrote: »
    I dodn't think you will be able to get the game for free as they were for last month, check just in case.

You can get the free games even if you don't have the console, you will not be able to play on the Xbox One unless is a game that will be backward compatible, in that case you will be able to play it.

When I go to http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/Live/games-with-gold it still shows September's games but when I click on Crysis 3 it's not free :(

I also want to get MGS for 360 but it's not showing up here when it goes into the current games with gold page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For some reason when I use the webpage, all the XB1 games with gold work fine, but when I try to add any 360 games with gold it gives me an error message and won't allow me to process the transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Played through a couple of hours of Valiant Hearts last night, really enjoying it! Loving the music and WW1 history in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I'm really liking Valiant Hearts! Little gem of a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tony1980 wrote: »
    Played through a couple of hours of Valiant Hearts last night, really enjoying it! Loving the music and WW1 history in it.

Valiant Hearts is a excellently animated, really liking it so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Loving Valiant Hearts, why are there not more games like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Completed it lastnight-
    jesus that was heartbreaking!

Really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Child of Light but better animated, far more interesting, and less ****ty poems. More of these please GwG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Child of Light but better animated, far more interesting, and less ****ty poems. More of these please GwG.

I will give you the poems one, but Child of Light was great, both were excellently animated, I thought CoLs water colour palette looked amazing.

CoL had an great sound track too.

Can't knock either game really, more games like them please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

The Valiant Heart soundtrack is fantastic - I actually shazamed the title track last night to see who the artist was, its that haunting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

For some reason when I use the webpage, all the XB1 games with gold work fine, but when I try to add any 360 games with gold it gives me an error message and won't allow me to process the transaction.

Do you own an Xbox One but not a 360? This is what I had to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

-Toppy- wrote: »
    The Valiant Heart soundtrack is fantastic - I actually shazamed the title track last night to see who the artist was, its that haunting

Listening to it now, have to say its excellent.

For some reason I didn't remember it as clearly as Child of Light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Really loving Tomb Raider. Taking my time through it, 73% complete and must be close to finishing the story.

I wish the tombs were bigger though, doesn't take much to get through one. I remember one of the Assassins Creed 2 games had great tombs or whatever they termed them.

Overall good game, only my second month with the Xbox One and Games with Gold is definitely worth the 27 or 28 euro I paid for my sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Really loving Tomb Raider. Taking my time through it, 73% complete and must be close to finishing the story.

I wish the tombs were bigger though, doesn't take much to get through one. I remember one of the Assassins Creed 2 games had great tombs or whatever they termed them.

Overall good game, only my second month with the Xbox One and Games with Gold is definitely worth the 27 or 28 euro I paid for my sub.
    I ended up completing it 100% in a couple of days - I think the game was just slightly too linear and short for me, but I agree the most disappointing aspect was the tomb raiding itself. I think I only had trouble with one tomb (the one with the light in the water) but once I figured it out I was so disappointed with myself because it was so bloody obvious.

I really like the idea of GWG, but so far since I've been a member Tomb Raider has been the best game to come out on it for XBONE. In fact, most of the 360 games are way better!

I really like the idea of GWG, but so far since I've been a member Tomb Raider has been the best game to come out on it for XBONE. In fact, most of the 360 games are way better!

Give Valiant Hearts a go. I just finished it last night. One of the best games I've played in while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Give Valiant Hearts a go. I just finished it last night. One of the best games I've played in while!
    I started it there on Saturday but got distracted with all the rugby. Only made it through the training :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started it myself last night misky as I didnt feel like a run on the destiny treadmill for one night at least.

Really liked what I played of it, but i reckon its probably pretty short? i got as far as the
    section driving the car after the chlorine gas bit

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Started it myself last night misky as I didnt feel like a run on the destiny treadmill for one night at least.

Really liked what I played of it, but i reckon its probably pretty short? i got as far as the
    section driving the car after the chlorine gas bit

The Destiny treadmill will be in overdrive again tomorrow if Iron Banner comes back!! :pac: You up for another Raid tomorrow night? I was really happy with the run we did on Saturday. WAAAY faster than my first run through.

Valiant Hearts is a great little game. I finished it in a day on Saturday. Well worth the play through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The Destiny treadmill will be in overdrive again tomorrow if Iron Banner comes back!! :pac: You up for another Raid tomorrow night? I was really happy with the run we did on Saturday. WAAAY faster than my first run through.

Valiant Hearts is a great little game. I finished it in a day on Saturday. Well worth the play through.

ah sh1te, I forgot about Iron banner! I dunno about a raid, I'd love to, but it tends to aggravate the mrs somewhat when I disappear for upwards of 4 hours at a time :rolleyes:, weekends are usually best for me and that type of adventuring!, but give me a shout if ye're stuck for 1 to make up the numbers.

that was a good run alright, Id say we only had 4 wipes in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

ah sh1te, I forgot about Iron banner! I dunno about a raid, I'd love to, but it tends to aggravate the mrs somewhat when I disappear for upwards of 4 hours at a time :rolleyes:, weekends are usually best for me and that type of adventuring!, but give me a shout if ye're stuck for 1 to make up the numbers.

that was a good run alright, Id say we only had 4 wipes in total.

The first raid run I did last Tuesday, took about 2 hours to get to the boss and then another 2 hours to beat him eek.png - it was awful. I was really tired and made a few silly mistakes and some of the other lads were the same. At it was a bit glitchy (Ogre's dying and the popping back up, and the spark disappearing). That's why I was so happy with our run on Sat......... smooth sailing!!

I know the pain though. My missus is becoming increasing annoyed at my time spent on Destiny. That's why I played Valiant Hearts with her on Sat. It was easier to solve the puzzles with 2 people playing the game. I saw the clip you recorded from the game. That little mission was so much fun,
    and they way it moves in time to the music was very clever.

Advertisement