Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Has anyone unlocked the "Deja Vu" mission in Ground Zeros on 360, as far as I know it is supposed to unlock at the same time as "Jamais Vu". I've done a bit of googling and apparently its an issue with the digital version of the game as the deja vu mission was patched in to ground zeros on xbox, but the digital version wasn't updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Give Valiant Hearts a go. I just finished it last night. One of the best games I've played in while!

Second this!, a gem of a game. Loved the history aswell, love all things WW, mainly WW2 but this is super and I learned a little aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

ah sh1te, I forgot about Iron banner! I dunno about a raid, I'd love to, but it tends to aggravate the mrs somewhat when I disappear for upwards of 4 hours at a time :rolleyes:, weekends are usually best for me and that type of adventuring!, but give me a shout if ye're stuck for 1 to make up the numbers.

that was a good run alright, Id say we only had 4 wipes in total.

I have never been in a raid though I rarely play Destiny and dont have the add-ons.
    I do enjoy it when I play but not many on my friends list play it and I am a low level

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I have never been in a raid though I rarely play Destiny and dont have the add-ons.
    I do enjoy it when I play but not many on my friends list play it and I am a low level

There's a very active Boards Clan here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057370096&page=630

Be warned though...... I can't be held responsible if you become hopelessly addicted to the game like the rest of us!! :o I don't really play many other games anymore. I swing between Destiny and whatever is on the Games with Gold during the month. I keep meaning to go back and play MGS: Ground Zero and Tomb Raider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Oh dont worry, I have the addiction, just not the cash to purchase the new updates or old ones for that matter :D
    Yeah I go between that and GTA and now Battlefield.
    Was up until 6am the other night playing :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The Walking Dead: Season One is free now on Games with Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Great game, enjoy anyone who has yet to play! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Gizmo55 wrote: »

I bought Seaons 1 and Season 2 in a bundle last year. Amazing game, loved every minute of the story. Telltale do make some great games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Just downloaded walking dead full game, but there was episode 1-5 showing as well, do I need those downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

How big is the download for the walking dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Great game, enjoy anyone who has yet to play! :cool:

I don't know about great game tbh.

Walking dead is an experience more than a game were you make choices more so than use skill to progress.

I'm not unhappy I played it but I definately would have no inclination to play another one.

Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

LocoCycle is free on Japanese GWG

(Change Country to Japan and just keep pressing green button, unless you want to stop and read the Japanese).

Not an 'amazing' game, but a bit of fun, and free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Allyall wrote: »

(Change Country to Japan and just keep pressing green button, unless you want to stop and read the Japanese).

I am waiting for them to pay me to play it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Finished Valiant Hearts. All choked up :o

It was a beautiful game, finished it in one sitting.

More games like this please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

kleefarr wrote: »
    Just downloaded walking dead full game, but there was episode 1-5 showing as well, do I need those downloaded?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone?

Episode 1 used to be free, and you'd buy the others individually if you liked it or else you could pay for them all at once. If you go in through the games with gold ad on the dashboard I'm sure it'll direct you to the correct version you need to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

kleefarr wrote:
    Anyone?

AFAIK you have to download them with the game too, that's what I did but I didn't allow them to install I just wanted to add them to my library so I could play it another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Just another +1 for Valiant Hearts. Lovely, lovely game. The current owners of the Tomb Raider franchise could learn a lesson from the nice puzzle solving aspect.

The current freebie, Walking Dead does absolutely nothing for me. I downloaded a freebie sample of "Tales from Borderland" which was exactly the same. Is it the same developers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

kleefarr wrote:
    Anyone?

No, don't think so, should do automatically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

bajer101 wrote: »
    Just another +1 for Valiant Hearts. Lovely, lovely game. The current owners of the Tomb Raider franchise could learn a lesson from the nice puzzle solving aspect.

The current freebie, Walking Dead does absolutely nothing for me. I downloaded a freebie sample of "Tales from Borderland" which was exactly the same. Is it the same developers?

Yap the tales games EG back to the future, game of thrones, walking dead, tales from the borderlands (the best one), wolf amoung us and the mine craft story mode all come from the same crowd there the same point and click game more or less.

Some are better then others they allway's on sale once every few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Thanks. I did 30 minutes of it and it did nothing for me. I realise that everyone has different tastes when it comes to gaming, but I really don't get the appeal of these games. I'm an aul fella who grew up with nice, challenging type games. The two offerings on Games with gold this month really showed the difference in game evolution. Valiant Hearts was just gorgeous and The Walking Dead was shíte. Delighted to see the love for Valiant Hearts. That's the sort of game where a group of lads could sit on the sofa and enjoy.

The thing about Telltale games, it's in their name, they're literally telling a tale.
    It's more like a TV series/movie than a game, you're the one who takes on the role of a character and make the decisions that could alter the story of the game.

It might not be to everyone's taste but it did get high reviews across the board.

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed The Walking Dead season 1, season 2 not as much but still enjoyed it. Just finished Game of Thrones up until episode 5 and so far really enjoying that too.

The thing about Telltale games, it's in their name, they're literally telling a tale.
    It's more like a TV series/movie than a game, you're the one who takes on the role of a character and make the decisions that could alter the story of the game.

It might not be to everyone's taste but it did get high reviews across the board.

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed The Walking Dead season 1, season 2 not as much but still enjoyed it. Just finished Game of Thrones up until episode 5 and so far really enjoying that too.

Wolf among us is a great story, I really got engrossed in it.

Wolf among us is a great story, I really got engrossed in it.

Yeah I started that 1 a while back but never went back to it, I will tho! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I am waiting for them to pay me to play it :P
    Sure. They'll give you Crimson Dragoon and Pool Nation FX to pay you to play LocoCycle. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,382 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone?

I had to purchase each episode individually on the 360 from what I could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dumb question but I've setup up my 360 after being packed away for a while, mainly to use as a Netflix player in one room. I have Gold but use it for my One.

I have already purchased some 360 Games with Gold via the website. How do I select these for download via the 360?

Dumb question but I've setup up my 360 after being packed away for a while, mainly to use as a Netflix player in one room. I have Gold but use it for my One.

I have already purchased some 360 Games with Gold via the website. How do I select these for download via the 360?

What happens if you go to the store and try and download them? I assume when you try to checkout it'll show that you own them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Figured it out.

Go to Settings - Account - Download History

I'm sure searching through the store works too but at least this way you don't forget what games you have.

By the way I find the 360 OS dog slow in comparison to the PS4 or Xbox One. Although my 360 is a launch one so I shouldn't complain, still going strong touch wood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Allyall wrote: »

Didn't a load of xboxs get banned for doing that sort of thing a year or two ago?

Advertisement