Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Didn't a load of xboxs get banned for doing that sort of thing a year or two ago?

No idea what you're referring to. Any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    No idea what you're referring to. Any links?

I actually read it here somewhere. People changed their location for games, the result was Microsoft banning consoles (not gamers) and a fleet of 360s ending up on donedeal etc. I vaguely recall itbut that's the gyst of it iirc.. I'm sure someone here can remember better than me

I actually read it here somewhere. People changed their location for games, the result was Microsoft banning consoles (not gamers) and a fleet of 360s ending up on donedeal etc. I vaguely recall itbut that's the gyst of it iirc.. I'm sure someone here can remember better than me

Oh yeah that's where you confused me. It's region free since xbox one came out, you can use away on other markets without risk of being banned.

Here's 360 case you mentioned: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/10/xbox-360-owners-banned-for-downloading-free-games/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Oh yeah that's where you confused me. It's region free since xbox one came out, you can use away on other markets without risk of being banned.

Here's 360 case you mentioned: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/10/xbox-360-owners-banned-for-downloading-free-games/

Its not risk free, just FYI. Its not currently actioned but it is a direct terms of service violation.

Its not risk free, just FYI. Its not currently actioned but it is a direct terms of service violation.

Share link to terms so I don't have to search ha :)

• Advertisement

Share link to terms so I don't have to search ha :)

I think they are on the console - not in front of one now. Basically loc fraud is a nono but at the moment its not actioned, probably because its a sneaky one up on the ps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's definitely in the terms somewhere, I've linked to them before

I think they are on the console - not in front of one now. Basically loc fraud is a nono but at the moment its not actioned, probably because its a sneaky one up on the ps.
    Myrddin wrote: »
    It's definitely in the terms somewhere, I've linked to them before

Ah it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see how it was worded exactly but it's not going to stop my World tour of Holiday Inns anyway :D

Ah it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see how it was worded exactly but it's not going to stop my World tour of Holiday Inns anyway :D

If I remember right its deliberately vague and they have banned in the past for it, or things very close. It comes down to licensing.

Not trying to be preachy BTW, I think the risk is low. Just figured its worth mentioning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

They never banned for it on the 360 once you paid. I got console banned for getting free games from Oman and Bosnia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sweetie wrote: »
    They never banned for it on the 360 once you paid. I got console banned for getting free games from Oman and Bosnia.

O'man that sucks.

*gerroff me coat*

sweetie wrote: »

Same root, its a licensing issue. The post above is about a free gwg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

What do you guys think the gwg will be for November, im guessing mirrors edge (new one coming out), dying light or sunset overdrive or dead rising 3 (zombie themed and halloween) , also son or Ryse (think thats what its called)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Ryse is a running joke at this stage but I've read some rumours of it coming in November. In an ideal world, Master Chief Collection and Halo Reach. But in that ideal world we also have flying cars.

Best prediction I have is we'll get games I already own and paid full price for.

My money is on lococycle being one of them, was free in japan i think this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Can anyone tell me the best/cheapest place to get 12 months xbox live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

matt360 wrote: »

Try cdkeys.com

matt360 wrote: »

€27.90 here, like their facebook page to get a unique code for a further 5% off too

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

GwG in the holiday season has traditionally been mostly poor, but with backwards compatibility coming out you'd think they would give away some big ones. Also as they own it and its so massive with the kids I predict Minecraft.

GwG in the holiday season has traditionally been mostly poor, but with backwards compatibility coming out you'd think they would give away some big ones. Also as they own it and its so massive with the kids I predict Minecraft.

Won't be mine craft, most 8 yr olds have that already, it'll be terreria or rocket league if thats on xbox one. Something that all the great youtubers like pewdiepew and smosh are playing :p (that last sentence was sarcastic)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rorok wrote: »
    What do you guys think the gwg will be for November, im guessing mirrors edge (new one coming out), dying light or sunset overdrive or dead rising 3 (zombie themed and halloween) , also son or Ryse (think thats what its called)

Your very optimistic arent you :eek:

Tinie wrote: »
    Your very optimistic arent you :eek:

All those games are at least 2 yrs old :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rorok wrote: »
    All those games are at least 2 yrs old :cool:

Well the Halloween theme your going for they've done with the walking dead being free.

Sunset overdrive still sells for a decent amount in shops and online so def can't see that being free any time soon if ever.

I'd also say lococycle will be one of the freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Anyone know when they're going to announce the games with gold titles for November for the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Dying light would be sweet. No chance tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Anyone know when they're going to announce the games with gold titles for November for the 360?

Probably Wednesday I'd say, but it could be any day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

I reckon thief then dead rising/ryse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

The good thing is we are getting to the age of the consoles life that we will be getting the games named above, sooner rather than later, fingers crossed.

Ps, I still think ryse will be gwg in December :)

They usally announce the gwg on the last thursday of every month

• Advertisement

JUST RUMOURS so far but:

https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/658664496890802176/photo/1

Xbox ONE:

1st - 30th November - Pneuma: Breath of Life
    16th November - 15th December - Knight Squad

360:

1st November - 15th November - Dirt 3
    16th - 30th November - Dungeon Siege III