Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

so dirt 3 wont be backwards compatible?

It will, just from the 12th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    What's worse is I was under the impression that when they announced that all Games with Gold 360 games would be backwards compatible, it would count from then on, meaning we'd have a load of 360 games from the 12th. Really doesn't seem like it now, seems like its just starting from this month.

Disappointing, but probably unrealistic on my part.

No that was the understanding i had too, and I was pretty confident of it. Have they made any statement on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Pneuma: Breath of Life
    Knight Squad

Dirt 3
    Dungeon Siege 3

Xbox 360 games are backwards compatible from the 12th

What a load of bs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No that was the understanding i had too, and I was pretty confident of it. Have they made any statement on it?
    And starting in November all future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One, giving Xbox One owners double the free games to play each month. When Xbox One Backward Compatibility begins rolling out on November 12th, play multiplayer with your friends no matter which console they’re on and enjoy Xbox 360 games with the advanced features of your Xbox One, including Game DVR, Screenshots, and in-home streaming to Windows 10.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. They haven't said anything else about it that I know about.

See here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rorok wrote: »
    :( I don't want it to be gwg though :(:(:(

You seem desperate for Dead Rising 3 to be free on GWG (I doubt it ever will be). Just buy it.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. They haven't said anything else about it that I know about.

See here.

The gold tile on the dasboard says going forward too. Disappointing, looks like they didn't get an optin they were expecting or something.

Tinie wrote: »
    You seem desperate for Dead Rising 3 to be free on GWG (I doubt it ever will be). Just buy it.

Dead rising 2 was a gwg and it hasn't been a deal with gold in ages

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rorok wrote: »
    Dead rising 2 was a gwg and it hasn't been a deal with gold in ages

Difference is Dead Rising 2 wasn't exactly a AAA title when it was released if memory is right, it sort of went under the radar compared to the original.

I'd be surprised if DR3 is on GWG in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

G.W.G. = F.F.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

"Garbage with Gold".

If I wanted to play obscure indie games, I'd buy a tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Jesus, calm your tits lads.

In November of last year, we got Volgarr The Viking and Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise. Since then we've had a few amazing games but then we've had Pool Nation FX three months in a row and Deer God. The way some of you act, you want games originally priced at €70 for free every month. Also, to call "obscure indie games" garbage makes you a complete moron and the reason Boards has an ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

In November of last year, we got Volgarr The Viking and Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise. Since then we've had a few amazing games but then we've had Pool Nation FX three months in a row and Deer God. The way some of you act, you want games originally priced at €70 for free every month. Also, to call "obscure indie games" garbage makes you a complete moron and the reason Boards has an ignore list.
    ........ In November last year the console was a year younger, but now it's not bad to look for launch titles to be gwg.

This is a msg board for people to talk about things, nothing wrong with any of the posts above yours....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Also, to call "obscure indie games" garbage makes you a complete moron and the reason Boards has an ignore list.

I've worked onsite with the Microsoft Games Studio team testing AAA releases on Xbox and Xbox 360 launch titles, so I don't think I'm a complete moron.

Do feel free to add me to your ignore list though. Mind you, I think anyone who reads your post will know who the moron is here, son.

I've worked onsite with the Microsoft Games Studio team testing AAA releases on Xbox and Xbox 360 launch titles, so I don't think I'm a complete moron.

Plenty of ms sdets are morons :)

Viva Pinata was horrible. indie games are ok but lets face it everyone wants Aaa games because they offer a lot more and don't usally have micro transactions, unlike indies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

For me, it's not that I want AAA games free every month. But that most of the non AAA games with GWG recently have been absolute dross. Deer God, I'm looking at you!

It's the fact that games such as Valiant Hearts ( a game I'd never heard of ), and turned out to be a gem, are very few and far between with GWG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

That breath of life game looks OK to me. I was actually thinking of buying it tbh

EDIT: nope was thinking of a different game :(

We got walking dead, but most ppl already had that. I didnt so I was happy but majority of the people I know have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

At least Knight Squad seems to have nice easy achievements, there's only 9 achievements to actually get for gamerscore and seem like you'd probably get them for playing through the game: http://www.trueachievements.com/Knight-Squad/achievements.htm

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,382 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guys there's no need for the aggression in some of the posts and anyone calling others a moron or going on about putting people on ignore is lucky not to be getting carded. Keep it civil and really we've been over this many many times before, no need for it to kick off every single time the GWG is underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Didn't watch the full trailer for knight squad ( only watched 15-20 seconds) but seems like an alternative bomberman game then again I could be completely wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Look I am one person who never gives out about what games we get on games for gold as Microsoft don't need to give us anything. As I have had Xbox live since the early days of the 360 back in 2007 I got no free games, noting like Netflix sky go and the likes. To make it even better for everyone it was 60 euros everywhere for the year !!!! no such thing as bargain sites for a years xbox live for 25 euros.

So for 25 euros a year we get 48 games that more or less works out 50c a game. Come on like you don't even get a can of coke for less then 1.20 now LoL.

Even if you play 10 of them games that's only 2.50 a game !!!! what do you expact really ?. For them to give us Halo 5 a month after it came out ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am just an ole timer who remembers getting no free games every month while subscribing to Xbox Live and I was damn happy with that.

Now you kiddies scram!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I am just an ole timer who remembers getting no free games every month while subscribing to Xbox Live and I was damn happy with that.

I'm the same , but I do like to have a moan every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm the same , but I do like to have a moan every month.
    Me and Stone.

webANXgrumpyoldmen2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

we get 48 games

That's something I actually never thought about. Having said that every 3rd game I've previously bought in their sales. (never again though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Personally dirt 3 would be my least favourite of the Colin McRae series. Loved the first one. Played it forever. But that's just a personal opinion, each to their own and all that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Is pinball fx for xbone? coming up free on my 360.

Advertisement