Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

On the same subject..

Should the back compat GWG show up to download through my XB1?
    The only games it gives me the option to download are the current XB1 games

I know I can get them through xbox.com but there's no option on the XB1 itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Also are you 100% sure you bought the 360 game on that account, check your commerce.Microsoft.com account.

All sorted. Logged out, did a hard reset of the console. Turned back on, logged in and I've got about 6 games waiting for download. Including Dirt and Gears of War 3. Thanks for all help and advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Tried that Knight ****e............... Maybe it will grow on me but I won't hold my breath :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

trixiebust wrote: »
    On the same subject..

Should the back compat GWG show up to download through my XB1?
    The only games it gives me the option to download are the current XB1 games

I know I can get them through xbox.com but there's no option on the XB1 itself.

The only way to 'buy' Xbox 360 games for use on the Xbox One for now is via Xbox.com or on a 360 itself. I'm sure they'll add it as a section soon enough (probably after a few waves of new games are added).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The only way to 'buy' Xbox 360 games for use on the Xbox One for now is via Xbox.com or on a 360 itself. I'm sure they'll add it as a section soon enough (probably after a few waves of new games are added).

Like many we had an Xbox 360 and sold it to get an Xbox One. We also have Gold. When I log into xbox.com I see Dragon Siege III, but underneath it says "Download to Xbox 360" whihc when clicked we get told "Your account is unable to make this kind of purchase on Xbox.com. Please compete this transaction from your Xbox"

Of course there is no sign of it on the Xbox One. Am I doing something wrong or is it the same for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

n97 mini wrote: »
    Like many we had an Xbox 360 and sold it to get an Xbox One. We also have Gold. When I log into xbox.com I see Dragon Siege III, but underneath it says "Download to Xbox 360" whihc when clicked we get told "Your account is unable to make this kind of purchase on Xbox.com. Please compete this transaction from your Xbox"

Of course there is no sign of it on the Xbox One. Am I doing something wrong or is it the same for everyone?

I have no problems adding 360 games on xbox.com to my account. You cant do this form the xb1 console at all. The MSA you are using to buy the games needs to have been logged in once on a 360 - is it a brand new account or one that was only on xb1 you are using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

n97 mini wrote: »

Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood when you asked earlier because I follow the exact same method as you (and have done for every 360 GwG title I was interested in, just in case) without error.

Just a couple of things I could suggest to check:
    - check your locale settings on xbox.com, it shouldn't make a difference for free titles but you never know.
    - was your account ever a "minor" / under 18's account? If so, might be worth checking with Xbox Support if they can see if it didn't properly switch to a full / adult account.
    - have you tried different browsers? Different PC, Edge on Xbox One, Smartphone, etc. Just to rule out hardware/ / software mucking you around.

Come to think of it, it's probably worth giving Xbox support a call anyway, because you should be getting that error.

Im trying to get Dungeon Siege 3 on games with gold too on my 360 but i am getting the message that my credit card info can't be retrieved. Buy this item with money in your Microsoft account or try again later?

Anyone else get this? My Gold subscription is only about two weeks into a twelve month sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

amadablam wrote: »
    Im trying to get Dungeon Siege 3 on games with gold too on my 360 but i am getting the message that my credit card info can't be retrieved. Buy this item with money in your Microsoft account or try again later?

Anyone else get this? My Gold subscription is only about two weeks into a twelve month sub.

That's the problem I've been having all day, I tried to add a credit card and it tells me that the post code is wrong.
    Because of this I've missed out on a free Xbox Gold Month code and Fallout 3 code too as it wouldn't accept them.
    No mention of the code being used already, just that I need to add a credit card to my account :(

That's the problem I've been having all day, I tried to add a credit card and it tells me that the post code is wrong.
    Because of this I've missed out on a free Xbox Gold Month code and Fallout 3 code too as it wouldn't accept them.
    No mention of the code being used already, just that I need to add a credit card to my account :(

I just tried to change my billing information from my 360 and got the error that there is a temporary problem with the xbox service. Please try again later.

Must be part of a larger issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just received my CD keys from Microsoft today. Gears of War 1, 2, 3 and Judgement keys. A little thank you for buying Gear of War Ultimate edition this year. I think its a nice touch and never actually played Judgement when it came out on 360 so I am happy gamer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

logik wrote: »
    Just received my CD keys from Microsoft today. Gears of War 1, 2, 3 and Judgement keys. A little thank you for buying Gear of War Ultimate edition this year. I think its a nice touch and never actually played Judgement when it came out on 360 so I am happy gamer :)
    An even nicer touch is that I bought the digital edition and still got sent keys for the gears of war games :D

Seems to be sorted now, i got dungeon siege. Were you able to get sorted?

In a way, I had to use an American address.
    No idea why because the console is set to Ireland and the website was the UK/IRL version not the US but once I put in a US Post Code it accepted my address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Predictions for December ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

rottie 11 wrote: »

Sunset overdrive/Dying Light
    Sunset overdrive was recieved mainly well and its an xbone exclusive, they want to show that off
    Dying Light has that big expansion pack coming out
    At least thats what I hope :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Need you ask? ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I'm secretly holding out for that Sherlock Holmes game to pop up soon as it came up on PS+ a few months back if i recall correctly? Also can see Murdered Soul Suspects.

Wouldn't mind that zoo typhoon game :O

Same :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

logik wrote: »

i havent gotten the keys for 3 and judgement yet got 1 and 2 alright

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In fairness, Zoo Typhoon would be a much more exciting game than Zoo Tycoon.

CatInABox wrote: »

Looks like a good game alright

O6cb86H.jpg

CatInABox wrote: »

:D

Im the sort of person who would play zoo tycoon the whole time tbh ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I loved Zoo Tycoon, put so many hours into it. Really don't think it will be Sunset Overdrive though.

Maybe Saints Row? That was on sale recently. There's a trend of games getting discounted then put on Games with Gold. Then people complain as they bought it when it was on sale and still haven't even started it. Or maybe Evolve, I don't think many are playing that currently so it will up the player base, then discount the Season Pass.

EDIT: Scratch Evolve that's currently in the Black Friday sale. Maybe Jan for that then. Actually anything currently in that sale apart from EA stuff could potentially be Games with Gold in a few months. Here's looking at you Shadows of Mordor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Rorok wrote:
    Sunset overdrive/Dying Light Sunset overdrive was recieved mainly well and its an xbone exclusive, they want to show that off Dying Light has that big expansion pack coming out At least thats what I hope

Not a snowballs chance in hell of either of those. You're really the glass half full type ain't ye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rorok wrote: »
    Sunset overdrive/Dying Light
    Sunset overdrive was recieved mainly well and its an xbone exclusive, they want to show that off
    Dying Light has that big expansion pack coming out
    At least thats what I hope :p

Your incredibly optimistic. Or delusional if you think they'll give them away for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm going to predict LocoCycle and Zoo Tycoon or either of them with a new ID@XBOX title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looks likes its The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing & Thief for xbox one and on the 360 its CastleStorm, Sacred 3 and a bonus game for the holidays, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Advertisement