Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

happens every now and again, dont think theres any real reason tbh. xmas maybe?

Ya prob Xmas. Would have rathered an extra xb1 game tho :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I bought an X-Box one for my young lad, then I redeemed the free month of X-Box live

why can't I get Thief for free? I could get the other games but MS are asking for 29.99 to get the game when signed into X-Box store with an account that has a Gold sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

kingtiger wrote: »
    I bought an X-Box one for my young lad, then I redeemed the free month of X-Box live

why can't I get Thief for free? I could get the other games but MS are asking for 29.99 to get the game when signed into X-Box store with an account that has a Gold sub

You sure the Gold hasn't run out ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You sure the Gold hasn't run out ?

no, ends 8th of November 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

no, ends 8th of November 2016

That's strange so. Try logging in again on Xbox.com and make sure your set to to the Irish Store, bottom left of the page.

Search for Thief and try again. If it dosent work take a screen shot and post it here we might be able to help some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Make sure your region is set to Ireland if you are trying to get it through Microsoft's website (scroll down to the very bottom of the page to see the region).

Operation Flashpoint wasn't available for me until I switched my region from USA to Ireland.

thanks lads, but still the same

logged out and back in and location selected as "English Ireland"

Tried a different browser, still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Thief is now free for xb1

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for 360 & xb1 (bc)

Sacred 3 for 360 & xb1 (bc)

Max The Curse of Brotherhood is showing up as free for me as well for xbox one on the console. It was GwG before but might be useful if someone missed it.

thanks lads, but still the same

logged out and back in and location selected as "English Ireland"

Tried a different browser, still the same

You said earlier that you had redeemed the free month of Xbox Live and then said that the expiry date is November next year.

Did you purchase a 12 month subscription also so?

I don't know if you can avail of Games with Gold if you are using a 1 month sub.

I don't know if you can avail of Games with Gold if you are using a 1 month sub.

I got the earlier ones this month for free on the website, can't use the console as it been packed away for christmas (with all updates already done and Fifa installed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Jericho. wrote: »
    Max The Curse of Brotherhood is showing up as free for me as well for xbox one on the console. It was GwG before but might be useful if someone missed it.

Could you link me to it please?
    I'm in work and trying to use my mobile to get it but cant find it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Could you link me to it please?
    I'm in work and trying to use my mobile to get it but cant find it :/

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Max-The-Curse-of-Brotherhood/1d6640d3-3441-42bd-bffd-953d7d09ff5c?lc=1033

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I got the earlier ones this month for free on the website, can't use the console as it been packed away for christmas (with all updates already done and Fifa installed)

Might be an idea to fire the console up a day or two before the big day for update purposes, you never know when they fire an update out. There should be a cut off date for issuing updates near Christmas with this in mind lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Corvo wrote: »
    This is 14.99 for me?!

If you want, you could buy it for €2.70 here: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/max-the-curse-of-brotherhood-xbox-one-digital-code

Only other thing I can think of is that you might not be signed into the Xbox website with the same account as your console's account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Corvo wrote: »
    This is 14.99 for me?!

Same for me on U.S. & Irish stores. Seen a free trial, on the 360 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Max is often very cheap on Cdkeys and is a lovely little platformer, I thought.

For Max: Curse of Brotherhood.

Supposedly it comes up as free on Smartglass ( a price of 0.00) so maybe try there if you don't already own it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    For Max: Curse of Brotherhood.

Supposedly it comes up as free on Smartglass ( a price of 0.00) so maybe try there if you don't already own it.

Its coming up €15 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think they fixed it. Not showing up as free anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Aw I missed it ;(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Really stupid question.
    How do I get Dragon Rising on the XB1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Really stupid question.
    How do I get Dragon Rising on the XB1?

Log into Xbox.com and 'buy' it from there. It'll appear in your 'ready to download' section of my games and apps then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Log into Xbox.com and 'buy' it from there. It'll appear in your 'ready to download' section of my games and apps then.

On the xbox one?
    Its a tad confusing.On xbox.com it says "download to xbox 360"
    I don't own a 360.

Edit/

Just did what you said and its not anywhere to be found on the XB1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

On the xbox one?
    I don't own a 360.

It's backwards compatible, so will run on the Xbox one too.

On the xbox one?
    I don't own a 360.
    I do it on my laptop. If it says download to 360, just go with it, it's all tied to your gamertag anyway.

On the xbox one?
    I don't own a 360.

Edit/

Just did what you said and its not anywhere to be found on the XB1.

I'll be home in ten minutes and try it myself but it should show up in my games and apps, scroll all the way to the right?

• Advertisement

I'll be home in ten minutes and try it myself but it should show up in my games and apps, scroll all the way to the right?

Yeah it's there for me in my ready to install list.

Advertisement