Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

To be fair for the past few months Microsoft have been killing it with games for gold way better games then what are been giving away on PSN+.

I already have Borderlands myself as a digital copy and that alone makes it hands down a fantastic month for other people as i hope there will be a sale on the season pass now when it gos up on games for gold.

If you mean a season pass for Borderlands it seems to be free on BC already.
    I bought a copy in CEX when it came to BC and all the DLC was available, wasn't a GOTY edition either.

It only costs like e6 or so in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (XB1) and Supreme Commander 2 (360) are now available on Games with Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

Borderlands (360) and Lords of the Fallen (XB1) available now on GWG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I downloaded borderlands today, never played any of them so pretty excited for it, got Lords of the Fallen too, but it'll probably just be like zheroes and that master of hands one where I download it, but never play it.
    Didn't enjoy Sherlock at all, clunky movements and the scenes were the exact same as the movie but with worse voice acting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Excited to jump back into Borderlands. Pandora this is Brick, Brick this is Pandora.

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

how long til Ryse is announced as next month's one?

how long til Ryse is announced as next month's one?

Saw a post reddit or maybe it was on the google now area on my phone saying ms were teasing a AAA month in april so could very well be Ryse this time..... then we'll move one to Sunset overdrive and Dead Rising 3 :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah apparently someone said it's going to be a "blockbuster" month for GwG or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I mean Leo got his Oscar so by right we should get Ryse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rorok wrote: »
    Didn't enjoy Sherlock at all, clunky movements and the scenes were the exact same as the movie but with worse voice acting

Same here, played about 30 mins of it and uninstalled.

Borderlands is great, started it up lastnight and was surprised to see my game save was stored in the cloud so think I'll jump back into it and complete the DLCs I never got around to. Anyone fancies some coop add me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah apparently someone said it's going to be a "blockbuster" month for GwG or something along those lines.

There meaning of "blockbuster" and ours could very different, but hopefully ryse comes shortly,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tripperman wrote: »
    There meaning of "blockbuster" and ours could very different, but hopefully ryse comes shortly,

I've a feeling it might be halo wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My guess is film tie in games.

Maybe a Batmen/Superman game etc?

Possibly yeah - Lego Batman 3 has been discounted for quite a while, maybe that. I'd be happy with some BC Arkham games to replay

maximoose wrote: »
    Possibly yeah - Lego Batman 3 has been discounted for quite a while, maybe that. I'd be happy with some BC Arkham games to replay

I'm thinking Spiderman/Superman/Batman for 360. Maybe a Lego Starwars.

Then on the One Lego Movie game or something along those lines. Hardy Mad Max or latest Batman game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I say a lego star wars game as star wars is out on blu ray now next month and lego star wars the compate saga works on the xbox one all ready.

Then I am thinking one of the batman games from the 360 has any of them been free on games for gold yet ?.

I say where 100% getting a lego game

Lego Movie game was actually the best one for a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lego Movie game was actually the best one for a long long time.

You just reminded me I bought that on steam a few months back. Completely forgot I had it.

O let other one I played was Lego City Undercover for Wii U which was a lot of fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You just reminded me I bought that on steam a few months back. Completely forgot I had it.

Happens to me fairly often. It's called Steamnesia, where you try to buy a game, only to find that you already own it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My guess is film tie in games.

Maybe a Batmen/Superman game etc?

I'm hoping that the xbox 360 will be PVZ Garden Warfare...

For no other reason than the fact that my son wants if for his birthday.

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the xbox 360 will be PVZ Garden Warfare...

For no other reason than the fact that my son wants if for his birthday.

Is that not the new one out about 4/5 months ago?

New one was only out a few weeks ago, I want it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is that not the new one out about 4/5 months ago?

Nah, the original from 2 years ago. It's unlikely though. I think that BF3 is a real option though. It's already been given away free on PC with origin on the house, and there are loads of Dlc and booster packs to earn MS and EA some money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Akrasia wrote:
    Nah, the original from 2 years ago. It's unlikely though. I think that BF3 is a real option though. It's already been given away free on PC with origin on the house, and there are loads of Dlc and booster packs to earn MS and EA some money

Pvz is in ea access if you're interested. Bf3 I wouldn't be so sure about, I'd absolutely love it to be backwards compatible personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The Wolf Among Us is rumoured to be one of the games for April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The Wolf Among Us is rumoured to be one of the games for April.

While its a great game, Tell Tales best, I thought they were going bigger since they were calling April a Blockbuster month.

And I do not think TWAU ever really hit sales that would make it a blockbuster. We can't even get a sequel to it.

I'm calling it now Ryse and Dead Rising 3 for realz this time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lords of the fallen's boss battles would send you to sleep. Combat seems painfully slow compared to dark souls, not sure I'll be able to bring myself to completing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lords of the fallen's boss battles would send you to sleep. Combat seems painfully slow compared to dark souls, not sure I'll be able to bring myself to completing it.

lucky we got it for free then. I was tempted to buy it on several occassions but glad I held off now.

• Advertisement

Say that when you end up having to cheese The Judge on NG++ ;)

You are right though.

When this was talked up by the developers pre-release they seemed like honest sorts and talked up the fact it was inspired by Dark Souls and I was excited for it, but it's a very shallow experience compared to DS. I enjoyed it for what it was but it did annoy me in the sense it wasn't what was hyped at all :(

Advertisement