Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A blockbuster month indeed, Sunset Overdrive is probably one of the best games they've given out so far.
    * The Wolf Among Us ($24.99 ERP): Available from April 1-30 on Xbox One

* Sunset Overdrive ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-May 15 on Xbox One

* Dead Space ($14.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360

* Saints Row IV ($34.99 ERP): Available from April 16-30 on Xbox 360

See here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sunset Overdrive? Bloody hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Saints Row the only new game for me, but that's a pretty great month!

Hopefully they discount the season pass on Sunset Overdrive, wouldn't mind giving the DLC a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Wolf Among Us is rumoured to be one of the games for April.

You were right :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sunset going gwg is fantastic news, I might finally be able to get those chaos squad achievements now that that theres sure to be huge numbers of people playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    A blockbuster month indeed, Sunset Overdrive is probably one of the best games they've given out so far.

I didnt like it at all, think i am the only one though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I didnt like it at all, think i am the only one though.

I owned it for about three months, tried about 8 times to get into it with no joy, and then one weekend it just clicked. If you asked me before that if it was any good, I would have said it was terrible. Now I think it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I owned it for about three months, tried about 8 times to get into it with no joy, and then one weekend it just clicked. If you asked me before that if it was any good, I would have said it was terrible. Now I think it's great.

Yeah, i guess one of the downsides to a huge back catalog is if a game doesn't click within an hour i just leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you need to stick with it at least until you unlock the air dash, that move changes everything and was the point where everything just clicked for me. The humor in it improves greatly as the game goes on also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Putting the PS plus offerings to shame, great offerings from Xbox this month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Where the @%$£; is Ryse?

Confirmed for May at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Only reason I bought Sunset Overdrive was that it was bundled with the white Xbox. Played a day or two when I got it, thought it was ok. Played another day or two a few months later, liked it even more, but I always got distracted by something else. Didn't click like it seems to have with most guys and gals on here! I'm sure I'll go back to it again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bought and sold Sunset but glad to get a chance to try again.

I see recommendations to use the female character on Sunset Overdrive as she's meant to be funnier. I must give both of them a try when I get the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I see recommendations to use the female character on Sunset Overdrive as she's meant to be funnier. I must give both of them a try when I get the game.

I think it's just the voice acting is much better on the female character.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think it's just the voice acting is much better on the female character.

Same as Mass Effect, same dialogue (mostly), just a better actor saying them.

I've said it many times , female character all the way. The woman who does the voice has a much better delivery and is more in keeping with the humour of the game. Play as both and you'll see what I mean. Not that the male character is bad , it's just the female character is that good.

Is Saints Row 4 BC even though an XB1 version was released?

Thought I heard all GWG will be BC.

Thought I heard all GWG will be BC.

Yeah all gwg are bc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

One game I usually never got, in Sunset Overdrive. Very happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Great month, even though I already have Overdrive I don't mind. For those that don't own it - you're in for a treat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Nice.
    I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us. Deadspace is on the shelf somewhere. Bought Saints Row IV two/three weeks ago when it was on sale. Looking forward to trying Sunset Overdrive.

Solid month even though I've 3 of them. Free games are always good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Ive never played any of those games, I was going to buy sunset overdrive but held it off, also there's some youtuber I watch and they put the average of critics and player reviews together, and sunset overdrive is always in the top 5.
    I don't really like telltale games but I started playing life is strange again recently which I loved (but thats by dontnod). Dead space I heard was cool and supposed to be scary and I've been on the edge of getting St Row 4 a couple times :-)

Happy days for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

See here.

Nearly bought sunset overdrive in gamestop two weeks ago glad I didn't now, think my backlog of games is going to get out of hand shortly, think it will take 15 years to start and finish them all now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tripperman wrote: »
    Nearly bought sunset overdrive in gamestop two weeks ago glad I didn't now, think my backlog of games is going to get out of hand shortly, think it will take 15 years to start and finish them all now

I only getting through my Genesis / GBA / NES backlog now ;)

I plan to play these all one day when I retire in a few decades :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'll be staying away from Dead Space due to being a coward but Sunset Overdrive and Wolf AU is great.

Finished Saints years ago might pick it up again for sillyness.

I loved the E3 trailer for Dead Space, chilling :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I loved the E3 trailer for Dead Space, chilling :D
    Can I perhaps purchase an extra large pack of NOOOOOOOOOOPE! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Ryse is a fiver on Steam. Think I'm just gonna havta bite the bullet!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lords of the fallen's boss battles would send you to sleep. Combat seems painfully slow compared to dark souls, not sure I'll be able to bring myself to completing it.

Have put a good few more hours into this since and it's grown on me a bit, still find the combat slow and the bosses a bit samey but I'm enjoying exploring the dungeons and looking for the secrets. Nowhere near the level of any of the Souls games but providing a nice warm up for 3 in couple of weeks all the same.

Advertisement