Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

murpho999 wrote: »
    The games don't look bad and you can't expect a 'blockbuster' every month, otherwise we'd just stop buying games.

Xbox One doesn't overly bother me.

But on the topic of backwards compatibility, the main bulk of games that would be considered franchise titles that are on the list have come through this.
    So a month without will likely see a month of nothing worthy such is the utter drivel being released in the general list to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've no interest in any of the releases this month. I see this as a good thing as it actually gives me a chance to make some progress through the stack that I already have. We've been so spoiled that I've not finished a game in ages.

Also, apart from my gold and EA Access subs, nobody is making any money from me this generation. I can't be the only one. Is this sustainable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

theteal wrote: »
    Also, apart from my gold and EA Access subs, nobody is making any money from me this generation. I can't be the only one. Is this sustainable?

Im in the same boat as you actually. Bought my Xbox purely for EA Access. Only game Iv bought is Metal Gear 5 and was given Rare Replay, Wolfenstein and Far Cry 4 as gifts. Between Games with Gold and Access I have about 70 games and not had the time to 100% anything yet. This months a skip for me so ill get through some games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Recurve360 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as you actually. Bought my Xbox purely for EA Access. Only game Iv bought is Metal Gear 5 and was given Rare Replay, Wolfenstein and Far Cry 4 as gifts. Between Games with Gold and Access I have about 70 games and not had the time to 100% anything yet. This months a skip for me so ill get through some games

I'm at that stage of having 40+ games to play, I just sit down, scroll through the games and can't decide what to play so end up turning off the console again haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm at that stage of having 40+ games to play, I just sit down, scroll through the games and can't decide what to play so end up turning off the console again haha

Similar problem with my Steam library on PC...400 odd games to play haha.

How has Ryse still not been offered on GwG yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Happy with Peggle, it's a great get together game. Some friends, some booze and work away until ye lose interest.
    Will be good if you're trying to kill a few minutes before hitting the road also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I bought my Xbox live annual membership back in October waiting for the first decent Games with Gold before I activated it. Nothing yet offered has made me marginally interested so I'm probably going to sell it on... will give it another month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mrcheez wrote: »
    I bought my Xbox live annual membership back in October waiting for the first decent Games with Gold before I activated it. Nothing yet offered has made me marginally interested so I'm probably going to sell it on... will give it another month.

What about Sunset Overdrive?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What about Sunset Overdrive?

Deals with Gold has been good for Xbox One, but not much going on for us 360 owners :(

Hey if GTA 5 is announced next month or Walking Dead Season 2 I might cash it in :D

Deals with Gold has been good for Xbox One, but not much going on for us 360 owners :(

Hey if GTA 5 is announced next month or Walking Dead Season 2 I might cash it in :D

360 had Dead Space and Saints Row 4 in the last month.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Couldnt be further from the truth, just last month it was two excellent games in dead space and saints row 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Already have Peggle for some reason, was it free at some stage previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

pm1977x wrote:
    Already have Peggle for some reason, was it free at some stage previously?

Ea access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The only game I've played on my xbone in the last 2 weeks is Dead Space. Then again, I had toyed with buying it for the 360 for the late few years but getting on with life got in the way. . .

theteal wrote: »
    The only game I've played on my xbone in the last 2 weeks is Dead Space. Then again, I had toyed with buying it for the 360 for the late few years but getting on with life got in the way. . .

Ya if I didn't have Dead Space already I might have cashed it in for that... I guess the deals aren't good for me in particular yet, but probably good for others.. still will wait another month, but then offload the gold membership to someone else who can make better use of it.

I get 0 time to play multiplayer these days so it's only good for me for the free games.

Oh nice , just noticed Grid 2 can be redeemed from the One dash if you go into the sunset overdrive gwg tile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ea access?

No, have a feeling it was some special offer before Games Ŵith Gold or a digital download when I bought my latest Xbox 360, can't really recall though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

pm1977x wrote: »
    No, have a feeling it was some special offer before Games Ŵith Gold or a digital download when I bought my latest Xbox 360, can't really recall though.

I have it too and I don't have EA access either. It was free a good while ago, I certainly didn't buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sunset Overdrive Season Pass is now on sale, €10 on the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, I got issue. Remember in October they gave us walking dead season 1. My misses wants to play it amd when I tried start it it tells me to go buy it... I had it downloaded when it was on offer for games of gold. Any ideas?
    I definitely have xbox live. I bought it for a year last December. I downloaded games for gold yesterday that are new.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Guys, I got issue. Remember in October they gave us walking dead season 1. My misses wants to play it amd when I tried start it it tells me to go buy it... I had it downloaded when it was on offer for games of gold. Any ideas?
    I definitely have xbox live. I bought it for a year last December. I downloaded games for gold yesterday that are new.

Are you on Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

Xbox 360: You must be on the Xbox 360 you redeemed the game on. If you are on another Xbox 360, you must be signed into the account that redeemed the game and you must be connected to the internet.

Xbox One: You need an active Xbox Live Gold membership to play your Xbox One GWG games. If you do have Gold, you should be able to play the game. The account that redeemed the game must be a Gold account. You can play the game using a different account if you set your Xbox One to your home Xbox One, do this in the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My brain is fried today .. I see Grid 2 is on games with gold for the xbox 360. Can I get this and play it as backwards compatible or do I need to have the disc to play this on the XB1 ?

It's BC, download and play away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

GBX wrote: »
    My brain is fried today .. I see Grid 2 is on games with gold for the xbox 360. Can I get this and play it as backwards compatible or do I need to have the disc to play this on the XB1 ?

No just download it and you can play it on your XB1.

No need for a disk. Download from the One Dashboard or Xbox.com and play away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

All Xbox 360 games with gold games will be playable on the Xbox One, as confirmed by Micro$oft.

Hmm. The MS banhammer hasn't been seen for a while, but wasn't claiming free games in other regions the reason for one of the last big culls?

I know there's not really much difference between doing that and buying at reduced prices in other regions (and I do a lot of that), still a bit wary

Dunno? I've done it every time there's been a different one in Japan for the past 2 years and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I have an xbox 360.
    It was my understanding that once you had gold and bought one of the games with gold for free that you could still go and redownload the game even if your gold subscription ran out on the xbox 360.
    So my Gold subscription ran out about a month ago.
    I try to play Motocross Madness and I get nothing but a black screen.
    So then I decide I'll try deleting and redownloading and now I notice it is no longer free it's trying to charge me full price.
    Same with Dishonored and all the games with gold games that I go to redownload it's trying to charge me for them.
    Same with Tomb Raider.
    Have I gotten something wrong here?
    It was my understanding that on xbox 360 you kept access to the games with gold games that you bought for free even when your subscription ran out.
    Is that not the case?
    Do you have to keep them on your hard drive or something to retain access.
    Do you have to have gold to redownload them?
    If so screw it because Microsoft never made that clear and that's a load of balls.

It's ok seems it's back to normal now.
    Something obviously went wrong with xbox live.

Advertisement