Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I guess I'll finally see what the fuss is about being a goat!
    Is the Crew a racing car game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I guess I'll finally see what the fuss is about being a goat!
    Is the Crew a racing car game?

FFS, I paid for super meat boy only a week ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Decent selection. Feels like I have super neat boy in evey platform imaginable. The crew is an alright game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Happy enough with that. Been meaning to buy Meat Boy for ages and have never played any of the XCOM games. Not too pushed on either for the XOne, have The Crew on PC already but haven't played it. More my type of games than some of the others in recent months though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, that is pretty decent. For anyone that hasn't gone through Xcom before, you're in for a real treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Delighted with the 360 games, have nearly bought both before and keep forgetting to buy XCOM, the XBone titles...not so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Happy out with that line up.. first time in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was on the fence about picking up The Crew a little while back on the PS4 but the fence need no longer apply. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

XCOM and Super Meat Boy, can't wait. But what will I do with Fallout 4 and overwatch and valiant hearts and mass effect and...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Rorok wrote: »
    XCOM and Super Meat Boy, can't wait. But what will I do with Fallout 4 and overwatch and valiant hearts and mass effect and...

Play valiant hearts anyway. Doesn't take too long and is really an excellent game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Play valiant hearts anyway. Doesn't take too long and is really an excellent game

Loved it, great game and educational aswell

I've got stuck on a lot of puzzles though :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Rorok wrote: »
    I've got stuck on a lot of puzzles though :confused::D

So it's fair to say you find the puzzles 'puzzling' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Grab your free games now:

Xcom - Enemy Unknown

The Crew

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Grab your free games now:

Xcom - Enemy Unknown

The Crew

For anyone starting Xcom, one of my favourite games, here's a few quick tips:

Save often.
    Never end a turn out of cover.
    Overwatch is your friend.
    Never push too far forward in one go.

I don't think that I've ever played a game where you can be ten or eleven hours in, come across an impossible to beat mission, and realise that you made a mistake 6 hours ago, and this impossible mission is the price you're paying for it. Normally if that happened I'd be pure raging, instead it's a case of "Well, I'd better do all this again, but better this time!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

CatInABox wrote: »
    I don't think that I've ever played a game where you can be ten or eleven hours in, come across an impossible to beat mission, and realise that you made a mistake 6 hours ago, and this impossible mission is the price you're paying for it. Normally if that happened I'd be pure raging, instead it's a case of "Well, I'd better do all this again, but better this time!!"

I downloaded it but I'm never playing it after reading that!

Ha! That's why you save often!

Those hours are all enjoyable though, plus it's randomised, so you don't really feel like you're playing it all again. I've replayed it a few times now, and it's still enjoyable. Going through Xcom 2 at the moment as well.

Another tip, which is almost like an extra easy mode, is to start with the "more cash per month" bonus, it really makes a difference by the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its an amazing game, 100% worth your time even if you end up getting your ass handed to you, then you restart and try to avoid that happening again.

Save often is key.

2 Snipers in overwatch with that fireback if fired upon ability is pure class.

I think thats how I played most of the time, 2 snipers covering the other 2 or 3 team mates.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Its an amazing game, 100% worth your time even if you end up getting your ass handed to you, then you restart and try to avoid that happening again.

Save often is key.

2 Snipers in overwatch with that fireback if fired upon ability is pure class.

I think thats how I played most of the time, 2 snipers covering the other 2 or 3 team mates.

Yeah, seriously, it's got a great sense of progression.

At the start, you're struggling, fighting a desperate battle, and then by the end you've got a team of experts that lay waste to levels, entire buildings crumbling at every shot, picking off enemies from half the map away.

Seriously, don't let this be one of the Gold games that you pass by.

EDIT: Starting to sound like Mick with Elite now!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got it in a sale ages ago, think I packed it in after I managed to get a guy I had since the first mission killed and no strategic save to fall back on :(

Definitely one I'll be revisiting.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I managed to get a guy I had since the first mission killed and no strategic save to fall back on :(

Ouch.

Reminds me of when I tried it on the hardest difficulty and only made it in a mission or 2 and all my guys kept getting killed. Don't think I could even complete a mission after the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

Just a quick note for anyone who may have had issues in claiming Super Meat Boy when it first went live for 360 and forgot to try since (like me!)- it is still available and is working, but no telling for how long, so act fast!

Ouch.

Reminds me of when I tried it on the hardest difficulty and only made it in a mission or 2 and all my guys kept getting killed. Don't think I could even complete a mission after the first one.

Or that time late in the game where I was doing some admin on the troops equipment, then started the mission, only to find I'd left all the equipment behind.

No armour.
    No good guns.
    No save.
    Only death

CatInABox wrote: »
    Or that time late in the game where I was doing some admin on the troops equipment, then started the mission, only to find I'd left all the equipment behind.

No armour.
    No good guns.
    No save.
    Only death

I'd trip the switch in the house, never mind just power off the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll admit to diving for the power button a few times with Dark Souls, trying to beat the autosave. managed to pull it off a few times too. Although I'd have been devastated if i corrupted my save.

I sat there for a good two minutes, just staring at the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

News just in -

Sales of all installments of the X com series have fallen due to a comment posted on a gaming forum by CatInABox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strange there's no chat about this or confirmation of July's games at this stage of the month.

Rumour is Banner Saga 2 which is unusual as it's a brand new game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

murpho999 wrote: »
    Strange there's no chat about this or confirmation of July's games at this stage of the month.

Rumour is Banner Saga 2 which is unusual as it's a brand new game.

Read that but it's official release date across all platforms is 24th July so I'd say it's just a rumor

• Advertisement

I'd say it's good since E3 was on and announced all the new games so hopefully their originals will be here

Advertisement