Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It has been pretty good this year.

16684_gwg_16x9_aug_r2t2_sk.png?w=1170&h=657

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

WWE is a game I'd never buy but I know I'll get a lot of fun out of, Beyond Good and Evil is well worth a play if you haven't already - great month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I don't know what warriors orroci 3 ultimate is, but I have no interest in the other 3 games.

Especially not Wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I don't know what warriors orroci 3 ultimate is, but I have no interest in the other 3 games.

Especially not Wrestling.

WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

WHAT?

Oh you didn't know?
    Well your ass better call somebody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

WHAT?

I wouldn't play a wrestling game even if it was free. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That's a super month. I used to love the old dynasty warriors games and the wwe ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    WWE is a game I'd never buy but I know I'll get a lot of fun out of, Beyond Good and Evil is well worth a play if you haven't already - great month!

tbh, its exactly how I like to see games with gold, titles that might interest me but I wouldnt have bought. If it wasnt for games with gold I would have never discovered Dark Souls or The Witcher 2 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I haven't played a wrestling game in ages. Definitely will be later on today though.

Edit - Or whenever it is available haha. Got too excited there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I havent played or bought a WWE game in years, it started getting too repetitive and the storylines were not great.
    Some of the last I played didnt even have a storyline for most if not all wrestlers, you had 3 or 4 and your created one to do a story with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Think the last one I played was a Smackdown game, has been ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

No Ryse.

*goes back to bed for a month*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think safe to say that Ryse will be GWG for August seen as its on sale tomorrow.

Dead Cert.

:D:D:D

Hmmmmmmm......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm......

Definitely next month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Definitely next month :)

:D

Couldn't wait so my Legendary Edition copy arrived yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

WWE might be a bit of a laugh if we're all able to enter some sort of online Royal Rumble.

That_Guy wrote: »
    WWE might be a bit of a laugh if we're all able to enter some sort of online Royal Rumble.

Oh My God YES!!
    I would be up for that, it would be mental! :D

Oh My God YES!!
    I would be up for that, it would be mental! :D

Few beers and a load of "BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY's" thrown in and it could be a most splendid evening.

Actually our plans may be scuppered.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/213248627-What-Modes-Does-WWE-2K16-Contain-
    Below are the different online modes you can participate in, as well as the match types that are available. Each match type has further customization options once you’ve selected it.

Private Matches

This is only available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. In Private Matches, players have the ability to invite friends to join their session. Private Sessions also provide players with the option of including AI opponents in their matches though at least 2 of the participants must be human controlled. Below are the different types of matches in this mode:

One on One
    Two on Two
    Triple Threat
    Fatal 4-Way
    6-Man
    WWE Live

This is our standard matchmaking options: Pick your match type, the Superstar you want to play as, and then load into the practice/warm-up session to get ready while we find your opponent and set up the match. When everything is ready, you’ll load into the match and - depending on the quality of your warm-up session - you can get a little boost to your earned prestige on the way out. Below are the different types of matches to participate in with this mode:

One on One
    Two on Two
    Triple Threat
    Fatal 4-Way
    6-Man
    2K Tonight

This mode provides dynamic nightly events, themed after all the major shows and Pay-Per-View events. These matches provide users with a boost in earnings for competing in them.

Team Up

In this mode, you can invite your friends to join you on a team in a 2 or 3-man tag team against other opponents.

Damn it!!
    Guess we'll have to have a Fatal 4 way, create a Boards World Title and put it on the line :D

Damn it!!
    Guess we'll have to have a Fatal 4 way, create a Boards World Title and put it on the line :D

Oh it is on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Damn it!! Guess we'll have to have a Fatal 4 way, create a Boards World Title and put it on the line

If I can get a hang of the controls (briefly tried 2k15 on my lil brothers PS4 and was destroyed by the AI on easy lol) I'll be up for that too :)

DanC90 wrote: »
    If I can get a hang of the controls (briefly tried 2k15 on my lil brothers PS4 and was destroyed by the AI on easy lol) I'll be up for that too :)

Button bash my friend. Button bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haven't watched WWE in about 10 years and the last game I played was Warzone on the N64 but I have a feeling this one will get a lot of 3am post-night out sessions.

Wonder if it has that create a character mode? That was the best thing about Warzone back in the day, seeing your grotesque creation stumbling into the ring. Legs like 1A pencils, upper body like the Rock, face of Sloth from the Goonies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DanC90 wrote: »

Im in

I call the Ultimate Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Once a wrestling game can recapture the magic that was No Mercy on the N64, I'm tagging back in.

Im in

I call the Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if you were joking but he actually is in the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Not sure if you were joking but he actually is in the game :D

Not joking. I get the free trial few weeks ago and he was in it the ring shaking, gorilla pressing lunatic. The last wrestling game i played was wcw / nwo on the n64.

Best wrestling game ive ever played by a mile.

Haven't watched WWE in about 10 years and the last game I played was Warzone on the N64 but I have a feeling this one will get a lot of 3am post-night out sessions.

Wonder if it has that create a character mode? That was the best thing about Warzone back in the day, seeing your grotesque creation stumbling into the ring. Legs like 1A pencils, upper body like the Rock, face of Sloth from the Goonies.

YEah you can create your character and also your entrance, I havent played this one but I assume the controls are the same from the last one I played or close enough to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Been meaning to try out Beyond Good & Evil for YEARS so this is excellent.
    Also, can never get enough of a bitta 'rasslin!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Been meaning to try out Beyond Good & Evil for YEARS so this is excellent.
    Also, can never get enough of a bitta 'rasslin!!

Advertisement