Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    October's Offering:

The Escapists is a fun little game.

Always wanted to get the Escapists, but never got around to it. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fairly happy with those 360 games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    Always wanted to get the Escapists, but never got around to it. Nice.

I think it was on sale a few weeks ago because I was tempted to pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They spelled RYSE wrong. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not a bad month again there for games for gold this year they have really up there game with the games.

Considering when i got xbox live for the 1st time in 2008 i got notting ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Escapist is good, bought it on sale ages back but never got fully into it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

84 dollars worth might be overselling it a tad.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

The Escapists is good for a while but gets old kinda fast. Great for a free game tho. I am alive isn't very good at all. I wanted to like it but after 2 hours of it I couldn't play anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Damn... first time I missed a GwG... Not like I'd ever get around to playing Earthlock, nonetheless it was free. Feck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is the 2nd game not showing up free for anyone else?

Free here for me!

Is the 2nd game not showing up free for anyone else?

Yeah but getting the same **** I was getting with mirrors edge last month "sorry your purchase cannot be completed at this time" I got that to work eventually after trying for a couple of weeks.

The Escapists and I am alive can be downloaded for free now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Murdered Soul Suspect is a very decent game for free! It's short, and has some issues and a bit cheesey but I enjoyed it

Looking forward to Monkey Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Grand - was almost tempted to buy Blood Dragon and Murdered: Soul Suspect in the recent sales. Glad I didn't now.

When do we stop holding out to get a Ryse out of Microsoft?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Grand - was almost tempted to buy Blood Dragon and Murdered: Soul Suspect in the recent sales. Glad I didn't now.

When do we stop holding out to get a Ryse out of Microsoft?

It's the knack of the games with gold. I'd bank on it being many months till it's free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Murdered Soul Suspect might be good. Not really interested in the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Interested in blood dragon myself looks good from the trailer I just viewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Happy with Soul Suspect. Was tempted by it a few times but never actually bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Interested in blood dragon myself looks good from the trailer I just viewed.

Its really good. If you like 80s music/neon art style you'll like it a lot. It doesnt take itself seriously and often takes the micky at game design etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Tinie wrote:
    Its really good. If you like 80s music/neon art style you'll like it a lot. It doesnt take itself seriously and often takes the micky at game design etc.

Soundtrack is by a group called Power Glove if anyone's interested...

I'm big into the Synthwave revival at the moment. Perturbator, Gost, Carpenter Brut, Laserhawk, Megadrive etc....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tinie wrote: »

It's also got the funniest/best tutorial going. Up there with the Portal 2 tutorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Happy with Soul Suspect. Was tempted by it a few times but never actually bought it.

I saw the limited edition of Soul Suspect new for a tenner in Gamestop. I asked the fella behind the counter if he had a sealed copy, and he didn't so that was that.

Anyway, I'm impressed with November's Games with Gold offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Happy enough with Blood Dragon. It's a game I kept meaning to play just never did. Monkey Island's also a fantastic game, not so pushed on the XB1 offerings but the 360 ones are pretty strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I swear I thought we already got Murdered, i must have bought it ages ago on sale though. Good enough wee game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Happy with blood dragon, pretty sure it was on deals with gold just a week or two ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I swear I thought we already got Murdered, i must have bought it ages ago on sale though. Good enough wee game.

I think so too, but it was probably the 360 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I thought I also had it from GWG but it was on sale for a fiver a few months ago. Cool enough little game to spend 7 hours on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

This is the 360 version as well, just happens that GWG are on BC now too.

Advertisement