Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

cython wrote: »
    This is the 360 version as well, just happens that GWG are on BC now too.

The one on Games with Gold for November though is the Xbox One version, not the 360 version?

• Monkey Island is class :)
    Great stuff from MS yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

The one on Games with Gold for November though is the Xbox One version, not the 360 version?

Argh, my bad, signals crossed and I thought your post was about Blood Dragon :(:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The first of Novembers Games with Gold are now available.

Xbox One: Super Dungeon Bros

Xbox 360: Monkey Island: Special Edition

I loved Monkey Island back in the day, playing it on an Amiga, which makes me feel old now. Of course, the fact that I have a kid and have literally just put my back out, means I actually am old. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

CatInABox wrote: »
    I loved Monkey Island back in the day, playing it on an Amiga, which makes me feel old now. Of course, the fact that I have a kid and have literally just put my back out, means I actually am old. :mad:

I was up in Dublin at the weekend and Sunday on the Luas a bunch of teens came in with 2 or 3 Cex bags. From the conversation they were going there to trade in old DVDs and games. One of them goes through a few of them and pulls out Pro Evo 2001 for the PS2. Then he starts going on about how old that game was and that it was older than himself. I was starting college in 2001, 2001 doesn't seem all that long ago to me! :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Speaking of being old, I knew that I had already purchased Monkey Island, as I have this and Monkey Island 2 on my xbox once already from BC.

Checking the app on my phone tells me that I bought Monkey Island, back in July '09
    That's more than 7 years ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Speaking of being old, I knew that I had already purchased Monkey Island, as I have this and Monkey Island 2 on my xbox once already from BC.

Checking the app on my phone tells me that I bought Monkey Island, back in July '09
    That's more than 7 years ago :eek:

Skyrim is 5 years old ( in ten days) its crazy how time flies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

From the conversation they were going there to trade in old DVDs and games. One of them goes through a few of them and pulls out Pro Evo 2001 for the PS2.

Jesus, I'd say the trade-in value would be somewhere in the region of 3 cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hococop wrote: »
    Skyrim is 5 years old ( in ten days) its crazy how time flies :(

hmm.. reminds me I'd better start playing it (it's in my backlog) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think the time has come.

We need an Xbox Sub forum where we can discuss the needs of the aging Xbox gamer.

I can see the threads already.
    • What arthritis meds Should I use to stop the swelling in my hands from controller use.
    • Gaming bargains for under 10 shillings.
    • 10 things your grandson isn't telling you about your Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Why back in my days, if you wanted extra in-game money you didn't have these infernal micro transwhatchamacallit! You would have to start up the game and time it just right with the Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select and Start. Ah yes, good old Konami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

We need an Xbox Sub forum where we can discuss the needs of the aging Xbox gamer.

I can see threads already.
    • What arthritis meds Should I use to stop the swelling in our hands from controller use.
    • Gaming bargains for under 10 shillings.
    • 10 thIngs your grandson isn't telling you about your Xbox.

Can I ad to that:
    Best deals on Werthers originals
    Larger font on posts
    Most comfy gaming slippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Can I ad to that:
    Best deals on Werthers originals
    Larger font on posts
    Most comfy gaming slippers

boots up gta 5

' I rememeber when this was all fields' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Jesus, I'd say the trade-in value would be somewhere in the region of 3 cent.
    Not even in store credit! https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=4012927021521

For 1c I'd prefer to use the disc as a frisbee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I can see threads already.
      [*]What arthritis meds Should I use to stop the swelling in our hands from controller use.
      [*]Gaming bargains for under 10 shillings.
      [*]10 thIngs your grandson isn't telling you about your Xbox.

You say that joking but I don't have arthritis and my wrists and thumbs be in bits. (and it is definitely from Xbox and not what I do after Xbox late at night).

Rub a bit of silcock on your hands, it will sort the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Raoul wrote: »
      You say that joking but I don't have arthritis and my wrists and thumbs be in bits. (and it is definitely from Xbox and not what I do after Xbox late at night).

We believe you, thousands won't though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Jesus the Escapists is addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

I played murdered soul suspect when it came out, it's one of those nice change of pace type games. Nothing spectacular but still a shame what happened to that studio.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Some serious copying and pasting going on!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seriously great month for Games with Gold coming up. Four really, really good games. Only problem for me is that I already have them, but that's a great start for anyone who gets an Xbox for Christmas.

I have a physical copy of SLeeping Dogs sat on the shelf the best part of a year now unplayed.

Outland is a pretty good game, never beat the final boss though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have a physical copy of SLeeping Dogs sat on the shelf the best part of a year now unplayed.

Outland is a pretty good game, never beat the final boss though :(

I have sleeping dogs from gwg on the 360, unplayed, delighted to see burnout paradise, I have all the DLC, but my original disc went missing.

Ok so thats 3 games I know will be on GWG, whats the 4th game?
      Nothing shows up on work computer!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Xbox One
      Sleeping dogs
      Outlast

Outland
      Burnout Paradise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sleeping Dogs is a great game.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Yeah delighted with Sleeping dogs. Completed it on the 360 but look forward to playing it again on the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Played sleeping dogs and outlast both good games, have the doc for outlast but never played it

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

A friend just bought Outlast yesterday. Derp :pac:

Got it at the Halloween sale. Played it before on the PS4 but chickened out playing it again :D

Advertisement