Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Burnout Paradise = Happy Christmas :D

Quality game: there's so much free content for it, including adding motorbikes to a car game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good line up for December.

Burnout is another EA published series I wish there was a sequel to (the other being Skate). The Need for Speeds since have been mostly enjoyable, but Burnout Paradise was so much fun online and offline. One of the few games I've played to completion on multiple platforms.

I'd love a sequel to Sleeping Dogs too, but United Front Games have gone kaput :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just a heads up on the Sleeping Dogs for Xbox One vs 360.

The One version, being "definitive", has all the DLC. So even if you played it on 360, perhaps you'll get a bit more out of it with the story and cosmetic DLCs :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Someone posted the soundtrack to Far Cry: Blood Dragon on reddit, and now I'm remembering just how much I loved that game.

It's like it was precision engineering to hit my nostalgia button, it's like playing my childhood in the eighties and early nineties, watching really really bad movies with my brother when my parents had gone out for the night, having to mess with the tracking on the VCR.

Now, that'll separate the forum population into those who had the eternal struggle with the tracking on the VCR, and those who've no clue what the tracking is, and possibly no clue what a VCR is! Old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

We still have a VCR along with alot of of cassettes, mainly home videos and then some movies.
    I have the complete Smallville series lol
    Ah good old reliable VCR, I remember hooking my Snes up to it and recording Theme Park as I played it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

CatInABox wrote: »
    Someone posted the soundtrack to Far Cry: Blood Dragon on reddit, and now I'm remembering just how much I loved that game.

It's like it was precision engineering to hit my nostalgia button, it's like playing my childhood in the eighties and early nineties, watching really really bad movies with my brother when my parents had gone out for the night, having to mess with the tracking on the VCR.

Now, that'll separate the forum population into those who had the eternal struggle with the tracking on the VCR, and those who've no clue what the tracking is, and possibly no clue what a VCR is! Old.

or the absolute amazement you felt the first time you realised that stopping playback and hitting rewind resulted in a much faster rewind speed than holding the rewind button while watching .

made movie rentals a lot less painful..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

mossym wrote: »
    or the absolute amazement you felt the first time you realised that stopping playback and hitting rewind resulted in a much faster rewind speed than holding the rewind button while watching .

made movie rentals a lot less painful..:)

Meh! I had auto-rewind on my deck! ;)

Pure posh I was :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Meh! I had auto-rewind on my deck! ;)

Pure posh I was :D

had that too, but that took months longer to find than the stop and rewind trick :)

in my defence though, our vcr never had a flashing clock.

who remembers the barcode/ir pen you got with some vcrs for programming them.

going way off topic here. sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

If I remember rightly our firsts VHS player was a Ferguson, it was a top loader and it was bigger than the Xbox one:D

A man in a van came around our estate once a week to rent videos most of them bootleg and the quality wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

fataleight wrote: »
    If I remember rightly our firsts VHS player was a Ferguson, it was a top loader and it was bigger than the Xbox one:D

A man in a van came around our estate once a week to rent videos most of them bootleg and the quality wasn't great.

Ah man, we had the same thing! His visits were the best

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah man, we had the same thing! His visits were the best

These days, a man in a van driving around housing estates on a regular basis is something to avoid!

On the subject of bootleg VHS people should check out Chuck Norris vs. Communism should be on netflix. Well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

These days, a man in a van driving around housing estates on a regular basis is something to avoid!

I know, but back then your in the van like a shot with offers of the latest Sylvester Stallone block buster:D
    Simpler times, now if my 16 year old daughter goes out she gets grilled by both of us on where she is going and when she will be back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

mossym wrote: »
    had that too, but that took months longer to find than the stop and rewind trick :)

in my defence though, our vcr never had a flashing clock.

who remembers the barcode/ir pen you got with some vcrs for programming them.

going way off topic here. sorry :)

At the risk of completely derailing the thread or turning this into a Peter Kay routine, anyone remember video plus? Don't bother with programming the VCR just enter this handy 20 digit code as printed in the newspaper tv listings.

Yes and anytime I tried it, it never worked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Faker74 wrote: »
    At the risk of completely derailing the thread or turning this into a Peter Kay routine, anyone remember video plus? Don't bother with programming the VCR just enter this handy 20 digit code as printed in the newspaper tv listings.

It worked for me. I used it for the original X files series and it removed the ads during recording. Probably why it died a death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah the old video man.

'Do you have "Latest big release film"?'

'I don't have it now but I can put you on the list, there's only 6 in front of you.'

This months games with Gold are now live.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Outland

Kalimba and Max: Curse of the something something are also free on the German and Japan stores, if you haven't gotten them previously.

What is Kalimba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Little platform adventure game by the looks of it

Link to buy is here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Kalimba and Max: Curse of the something something are also free on the German and Japan stores, if you haven't gotten them previously.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057672565

;)

• What a savage month

I'd say that free games aren't "deals", so anyone can point them out here. :D That might be stretching it a little, but ah well!

These also don't need a fake address, just to click a button, so that's all good too.

The main aim of that thread is to avoid all the "How do I do this" posts, and to not clutter all the threads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

Has anyone managed to find burnout paradise on games for gold?

I read a few reports that its available but its not showing up for me as free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

breeno wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to find burnout paradise on games for gold?

I read a few reports that its available but its not showing up for me as free.

It's only available from 16-31 December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

How do I download the 360 games on my one S?
    Looks like it wants me to pay.

If you are doing it from the website, login with your account details and go to the game, click on Buy and it should say that it is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

BadCharlie wrote: »
    How do I download the 360 games on my one S?
    Looks like it wants me to pay.

I had to have a PayPal account linked as I unlinked my CC. You then can buy the free 360 game. It does not charge anything to the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Got it to work. I'm new to this.
    It just did not work for me last month and I lost out on monkey island which I would have loved.

It worked today, but this time around I have a Visa card connected to my account. So that might have been my problem.

Advertisement