Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I used a 14 day free trial for Xbox Live and was able to download Trials Fusion but Im unable to download Red Faction for free on either my XBox 360 or Xbox One. Anyone have any idea why? or anyway to get it?

probably cos your only on a trial, and the xbox 360 free games are to own, but you can only play the xb1 free games when you have gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Tinie wrote: »
    probably cos your only on a trial, and the xbox 360 free games are to own, but you can only play the xb1 free games when you have gold.

Thanks.
    you can only play the xb1 free games when you have gold.

Didnt realise that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

you can only play the xb1 free games when you have gold.

That's not right, is it? Once you have the game, you have the game. Gold or not.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

d31b0y wrote: »
    That's not right, is it? Once you have the game, you have the game. Gold or not.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

No that's never been the case with the Xbox One games, it's still the case with the Xbox 360 games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Forza 5: 1st September - 30th September
    Battlefield 3: 16th September -30th September
    Oxenfree: 16th September - 15th October
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane: 1st September - 15th September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »

Forza 5: 1st September - 30th September
    Battlefield 3: 16th September -30th September
    Oxenfree: 16th September - 15th October
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane: 1st September - 15th September

Thats a top notch month there.

somewhat surprising to see forza 5 going out a few weeks ahead of the newest installment though.

oxenfree is very enjoyable - shades of 'stranger things'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Nice! Oxenfree is on my gaming wishlist and Forza and Battlefield will be great additions. Must look up Hydro Thunder. Overall, a great looking month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,319 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a nice month there. Probably download them, add them to my backlog and never look at them again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a nice month there. Probably download them, add them to my backlog and never look at them again though.

Thats the xbox way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Forza 5 is not that great tbh ...I didn't enjoy it at all
    Forza 6 was much much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Oxenfree is great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Isn't that the point of Games with Gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Forza 5 is not that great tbh ...I didn't enjoy it at all
    Forza 6 was much much better

I loved Forza 5. It's lacking in content though compared to Forza 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Forza 5 is a great GWG title, only played it for a little while on Free to play Weekends. It was always too serious a driving game for me. Although, I'll be looking forward to using the Head Tracking novelty with Kinect for a couple of races :)

So, we've had launch titles Ryse and Forza 5 as GWG now, what chances for Dead Rising 3? Possibly not because it's in Game Pass.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Forza 5 is a great GWG title, only played it for a little while on Free to play Weekends. It was always too serious a driving game for me.

This.

I always feel bad that after a lap or two, I'll just kinda drift from driving properly into using the other cars as bumpers for turning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Forza 5, never played it but I will look forward to getting it free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/p/forza-motorsport-5-racing-game-of-the-year-edition/c2b33lkkcrvj

Forza 5.
    For those like me who panicked on the Japanese page that they'd click the wrong button.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/p/forza-motorsport-5-racing-game-of-the-year-edition/c2b33lkkcrvj

Forza 5.
    For those like me who panicked on the Japanese page that they'd click the wrong button.

Was wondering if that was just me, or if it would happen to everyone. Will sort it out on my post as well. :eek:

It was meant to be a link that would direct people to whichever store that they use, as I use the UK store rather than the Irish store. Guess I'll just go back to changing the en-gb to en-ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Forza 5.

It was in Irish for me. I thought you were joking about the Japanese.

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    It was in Irish for me. I thought you were joking about the Japanese.

Dunno why it thinks I'm in Japan then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You probably picked up Zoo Tycoon from when it was GWG in Japan a few months ago, the Microsoft Store site probably cached your region setting in your browser.

You probably picked up Zoo Tycoon from when it was GWG in Japan a few months ago, the Microsoft Store site probably cached your region setting in your browser.

Ah ha, yep I did get Zoo Tycoon from there, mystery solved. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

CatInABox wrote: »
    This.

I always feel bad that after a lap or two, I'll just kinda drift from driving properly into using the other cars as bumpers for turning.

Can anyone blame you though? Having to start 14th every race basically means bumper cars approach until you get to the front.

Would it have killed them to add qualifying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

CatInABox wrote: »
    Forza 5 is a great GWG title, only played it for a little while on Free to play Weekends. It was always too serious a driving game for me.

This.

There was a decent GWG a couple of months back, I forget the name, but you started your career in parting, working your way up with qualifying and races. Wasn't bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

There was a decent GWG a couple of months back, I forget the name, but you started your career in parting, working your way up with qualifying and races. Wasn't bad

Project cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm holding off getting GWG until a game I want appears (or i buy a game that I need to play online with)

What is the cheapest you'll usually get a years sub for? I don't mind waiting for a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    What is the cheapest you'll usually get a years sub for? I don't mind waiting for a good deal.

The cheapest I ever had was about 30 euro, but that was a once a year thing, on Black Friday or thereabouts. It is common to find a year sub for just under 40 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Cheapest for me was Black Friday sale where Amazon had 12 months Gold and EA Access for £40 They were 2 seperate codes so I didnt have to use the EA one until I actually wanted to play the EA games
    I'm hoping for something similar this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

I got xbox live gold on cdkeys for 47 euro for 15 months (12 months +3 free) the other week and it's still available at that price

Advertisement