Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Enjoying the Turing test so far I must say. Story has been interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's part of a new trend of games to have them more as an interactive story more than a traditional game - Telltale are making a killing with it at the moment. Gone Home, another of the Games with Gold this month, is like it as well.

For Oxenfree, your choices and conversations can have a big impact on the relationships in the game. It was interesting and entertaining and the conversation system was really quite natural, impressive voice acting.

I know that, its still a strange experience playing a game with no challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I know that, its still a strange experience playing a game with no challenge
    Yeah, I keep playing them, waiting for the shoe to drop and then the story is completed and the game is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

That only shows X360 games that you can play on Xb1, plenty of X360 games would be missing from that ready to install list

https://live.xbox.com/en-IE/download/history

Try that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Was hoping Wolfenstein new order would have been free either this month or in previous months. Just ahead of the sequel being realised.

Sucks I tells ya! Guess no hope now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

erkifino wrote: »

Thanks. Ill have a look later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started dead space tonight after getting it free here a while back. Kinda figured it was apt, seeing as we're close to Halloween and also with visceral being shut down. It's pretty cool and doesn't really look that dated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Started dead space tonight after getting it free here a while back. Kinda figured it was apt, seeing as we're close to Halloween and also with visceral being shut down. It's pretty cool and doesn't really look that dated.

savage game, the sequel is well worth playing too but a bit bloated and backtracky,

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I'm not surprised it still looks well, I loved that game so much, and thought it was ahead of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I played through the first 2 games for the first time recently and they are excellent! I really enjoyed the story, mechanics etc. Heard the 3rd game is only ok so I'll wait for that to be free as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

So Novembers offering is Trackmania Turbo, Tales from the Borderlands, Nights into Dreams and Deadfall Adventures.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/923565364793036800

TrackMania Turbo
    Tales from the Borderlands

Nights into Dreams
    Deadfall Adventures

There's been worse months....... but probably not many of them. Trackmania Turbo looks alright, the Trackmania series has always been well regarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Tales from the Borderlands is top class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I'm actually delighted with Trackmania. Nearly bought it on sale a good few times. The others though...not so much. Telltale games are grand but Borderlands never really appealled to me and I've never even heard of the two 360 games.

Tales from the borderlands is excellent. Its a contender for best telltale game yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Wasnt Tales from the borderlands a GWG before?
    I know i definately have a Telltale game of Borderlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Don't think it was GwG before, was free with PS+ not long ago.

I paid for it as it came out on Xbox, loved it. Telltales best overall IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Super, didn't realise that the Borderlands game was highly rated, that's two games for me so.

• Poor month :/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Poor month :/

shur havent you mario on the switch to be playing :pac:

• Advertisement

• shur havent you mario on the switch to be playing :pac:

True story, and Wolfenstien ffs
    Wallet be damned :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

No, seems to have just been Borderlands and Borderlands 2, both on the 360 but with BC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Both walking dead and wolf among us we're on deals with gold ages back

This is odd because I am not a fan of the Telltale games or Borderlands and yet I have it on my console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

This is odd because I am not a fan of the Telltale games or Borderlands and yet I have it on my console

Those damn pesky free games.

I think they usually give the first episode out free, so maybe it's just the first part?

You might be right, thought I was going crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

One of those months where I'm slowly scrolling through the thread desperately hoping the screenshot was a fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Corvo wrote: »
    One of those months where I'm slowly scrolling through the thread desperately hoping the screenshot was a fake.

I've got too many games. I will also be going back through a few old games in the very near future to see what this 4k HDR enhanced lark is about. I have to say, I'm not put out in the slightest by the odd month where I have no interest in what's on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,504 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tales from the borderlands is excellent. Its a contender for best telltale game yet.

best telltale game is still a **** game :P

Sorry, I'm still really mad at them after I got the minecraft one for my kid, I bought the season pass, and they made me buy episode one seperately because it wasn't included in the season pass, and then they released extra episodes afterwards that weren't included in the season pass either.
    Money grabbing and dishonest.

Plus, the minecraft game was buggy, crashed a lot, got stuck because of glitches that meant the episodes had to be restarted.... and unplayable for a kid who still learning to read (the options only stay on the screen for such a short time that even an adult speed reader struggles to read them all before time runs out)

Advertisement