Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Lads I'm delighted after my xbox got the rrod years ago I gave all my games away.... Gow was my favourite and now I have it again! Yes while almost everyone has played it it's still classic and I for one am happy enough with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd kinda like Halo wars...

For the love of God, don't be tempted to change region. :P

I did it, without knowing it's illegal/frowned upon/not a done thing. And am living in fear ever since that the console could be banned. Apparently i should have known..:o

Incidentally , you can buy Halo Wars for £8 on amazon. Or used for £5.65. (Used limited edition is £6.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well I haven't played it, and would have preferred it over GOW1.

I played it, only game I've sold off as it just really wasn't my cup o' tea.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Japan get Halo Wars as the Games with Gold instead of Gears of War, due to it being too violent.

Lousy, I'd love halo wars, never got to play it back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea I'd prefer Halo Wars. That and R.U.S.E are 2 strategy games I've always come very close to getting but never quite made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's been so long, after all that giving out I'm actually kinda enjoying playing through GOW campaign again :pac: Anyone for some co-op?

Shoot Many Robots is fun for about 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

maximoose wrote: »
    It's been so long, after all that giving out I'm actually kinda enjoying playing through GOW campaign again :pac: Anyone for some co-op?

Shoot Many Robots is fun for about 20 mins.

I'll happily do Co op for a few hours.... However to start means to finish not all in one go but eventually.... Not sure when I will get online though Xmas tree has to go up today and she will want to watch Xmas movies so the TV is taken...... Will be on tonight at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well well well some decent games in the new year, Sleeping Dogs then Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

2 pretty decent games ........ that I already have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I had sleeping dogs on my to buy at some stage list, finally a result from MS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

That's more like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Interesting, both of those were on sale in past year (e.g. when I bought Sleeping Dogs) rather than picking from back-catalogue of games that haven't been mentioned for years.

Sleeping Dogs is damn good, the city is huge! ... looking forward to GOL though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sleeping dogs is a great game, got it when it was on sale last year and really enjoyed it

Hadn't heard much about GOL, seems to have been very well received across the board. Sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Is sleeping dogs the game that's on offer this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Finally some branded and recogniseable games!...about time MS!, these are sorta recent too....the selection of games thus far has been beyond woeful, hopefully this is a trend of MS giving decent titles away finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Sleeping Dogs is good but I already have it. The quality of games with gold is seriously lacking compared with playstation plus it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Sleeping Dogs isn't that great, I picked it up cheap a couple of weeks ago and only played if for a couple of hours before I got bored of the go here-punch guys-repeat missions, its nowhere near as polished, fun or interesting as GTA/Saints Row.

I'll be getting Guardian of Light though.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Is sleeping dogs the game that's on offer this week?

From tomorrow until the 15th yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don't have either game and they are meant to be relatively decent so it's certainly a marked improvement this month. Hopefully it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

at least their making games more recent
    they may be cheap still but recent haha i never played sleeping dogs so im looking forward to it :) ment to get it a while back and looks like my patience paid off ha

hopefully with the x1 out now ms will be giving away more recent games:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I was thinking this was a big improvement, and it is, but then I read what the PSN dudes are getting and it made feel sad :(

I was thinking this was a big improvement, and it is, but then I read what the PSN dudes are getting and it made feel sad :(

Yeah, I read in November that Sony were upping their game (I think I read it here), and were going to include cross platform games too. I guess they have kind of forced MS's hand. Although, obviously not too much.

Starting this month PS Plus -
    11468822844_3749e57a2d_z.jpg

And their sale looks a little better too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Think America is getting BS Infinite and we get Borderlands 2. still unreal though

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Downloaded Sleeping Dogs earlier but have an issue that someone might be able to help with. Basically, the start button on any of my 3 controllers aren't recognised, so I can't get to the menu, or pause game etc

Anyone ever have this issue?

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Downloaded Sleeping Dogs earlier but have an issue that someone might be able to help with. Basically, the start button on any of my 3 controllers aren't recognised, so I can't get to the menu, or pause game etc

Try resyncing it with the console little button on top and the one near the USB slots on the front of the console. Or new batteries perhaps?

A Disgrace wrote: »

Weird. I remember seeing the problem on Gaming PC's. When people were using a Joystick or xbox controllers. I never got the game, but i remember following a thread, so if i ever did have it, I'd know what to do.
    I didn't realise it also affected xbox360's.
    I'm sure there's a fix for it at this stage. Maybe look for a patch. Or delete the game and Download it again.

I downloaded Lara Croft. I didn't realise it was not like the others (virtual camera viewpoint) - irrelevant.

It keeps crashing. Telling me the disc is dirty, and i need to wipe it with a wet cloth. I deleted it, and downloaded it again (4 times) and it just gives the same error in different parts of the game.. :(.
    I don't think it's the hard drive, as surely this would affect another game? (I have 12 other games on the HD).
    Anyone else have this problem?

Also, anyone agree with this? - http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/17/best-tomb-raider-game-ever-free-on-xbox-live-this-week/

"Best Tomb Raider Game Ever?" - There is no way this could be true. Seems like an over zealous writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Working fine for me! Try clearing your cache, and delete any title updates in the Games and Apps for Tomb Raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Allyall wrote: »
    "Best Tomb Raider Game Ever?" - There is no way this could be true. Seems like an over zealous writer.
    I bought it a few years ago and I could never get into it. Others really enjoy it, but I didn't have fun with it. I think it felt more run and gun (with time limits and targets) rather than the more exploratory way I played other Tomb Raiders.

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    Working fine for me! Try clearing your cache, and delete any title updates in the Games and Apps for Tomb Raider.

Yeah, I'll give that a go, should've been the first thing i did :o. Thanks.
    I bought it a few years ago and I could never get into it. Others really enjoy it, but I didn't have fun with it. I think it felt more run and gun (with time limits and targets) rather than the more exploratory way I played other Tomb Raiders.

I can see it might be enjoyable, but the farthest I've got is only about 5 minutes into the game. Wouldn't be mad about it, definitely can't see it as the 'best tomb raider game ever'.. :)

Advertisement