Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account / 365 Online

Options
  • 01-07-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I will be closing my current account with you soon due to the new extra charges, but I also have a credit card and mortgage with BOI.

So my question is, will I still have access to 365 online and be able to see my credit card account and mortgage info or does that go with the closing of my current account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi zzap64, 
    Thanks for posting.

Banking 365 Online is a complementary service for personal Current Account/Demand Deposit Account holders.
    If you close your Current Account, you will lose access to 365 Online.
    Please see how to minimise or avoid current account fees here 

One option might be to open a deposit account that has zero fees before closing your Current Account and link this to 365 Online

To enquire about this, please contact your Bank of Ireland branch and speak with a Savings Advisor. 
    A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

I hadn't considered a deposit account. Thanks for that.

Even after the extra current account fees (e.g. maintenance fee) come on this August, a demand deposit account will still have no fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hi zzap64, 
    Thanks for posting.

Banking 365 Online is a complementary service for personal Current Account/Demand Deposit Account holders.
    If you close your Current Account, you will lose access to 365 Online.
    Please see how to minimise or avoid current account fees here 

One option might be to open a deposit account that has zero fees before closing your Current Account and link this to 365 Online

To enquire about this, please contact your Bank of Ireland branch and speak with a Savings Advisor. 
    A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here 

Thanks

Billy
    Im in the same situation as the OP, due to charges BOI are now no longer my main banking service, Although I still have a mortgage account paid from my BOI current account, I dont really use the debit card or cheques, I prefer doing things online, but even still despite BOI suggesting doing things remotely via online/telephone they still insist on customers going to the branch to tslk to an advisor at times (as above). I could even get rid of the card altogether, are there any charges associated with this deposit account and what are the limits of its usage? can I still pay DD to mortgage account or other bills? what you linked to doesnt provide any information on deposit accounts

A Demand Deposit account is a deposit account that you can access on 365 Online and has no fees however, it is not possible to set up a direct debit or standing order on the account. You can also apply for an ATM card on the account however this will only work at BOI ATM's. 
    Information on the Demand Deposit can be found here

The maintenance fee is for current accounts only. 

When opening a deposit account, we would always recommend speaking with a Savings Advisor as the account types have very different features.

Thanks

Billy

Hi Merch, 

Thanks for posting. 

The reason we would always advise speaking with a Savings Advisor before opening a deposit account is to ensure that any account opened, suits a particular customers needs. The Bank of Ireland website has a lot of information on deposit accounts which you can find here 

It is not possible to have a DD coming from a Demand Deposit account - a DD or Standing Order can only be set up on a current account. 

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hi Merch,

Thanks for posting.

The reason we would always advise speaking with a Savings Advisor before opening a deposit account is to ensure that any account opened, suits a particular customers needs. The Bank of Ireland website has a lot of information on deposit accounts which you can find here

It is not possible to have a DD coming from a Demand Deposit account - a DD or Standing Order can only be set up on a current account.

Thanks

Billy
    So, I have a mortgage andlife protection policy coming from my current account, so these accounts are no good to me then?
    Can I eliminate my Visa debit card in favour of no card on a current account?
    Also, Ive heard so much about the changing fees, what are the fees on a current account? so I can manage my account with the minimum off fees.

I forgot to ask, if a person does change an existing current account to one of the no fee accounts, can they have someone else make a payment into the account?
    Can they keep their old current account number? so there is no issues with anyone making payments to the account?
    Can it come with no card and all transactions be done online?

How can you get money into a demand deposit apart from lodgement machines. Can you transfer from another (external to BOI) account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Merch and zzap64,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you both. We are waiting for more information and will come back to you as soon as possible with answers to your questions.

Thanks
    Tara

Any update on this Tara?

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you on this.

For more information on demand deposit accounts, please see here  

If you require futher details, please arrange an appointment with a Customer Advisor in your branch who will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement