Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for dealing with Lupus

• 01-07-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. My dog Sparky has lupus and thankfully it the less serious variation out of the two but he suffers from awful hair loss since it came on.
    Just wondering if you guys might have any tips on dealing with this. My local vet suggested suncream, which does work, but she said just get any auld kids lotion. Problem there is most human suncreams are toxic for dogs due to zinc being an active ingredient.
    Any tips will be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I have a cat with white ears so i have to put sun cream on him most days, I tried using the kids ones but they were all overly perfumed and really upset him. At the moment we use La Roche Posay 50+, now it's not cheap, but it's designed for humans that have skin allergies so it's really good for his sensitive ears and it's unscented so he doesn't mind it as much. Being honest I've never looked at the ingredients, but we've been using it for over a year now and he has shown no negative effects!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We've a cat with same issue but she will not tolerate any cream. We try and keep her in on really sunny days hates that too though.
    In fact she hates everything.

Advertisement