Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I need to get my car fixed. Recs in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i bought a second hand nissan micra about 6 months ago. the warranty ran out a week ago or so and now its decided to not start. does anyone know of a good car repair place that wont muck me about preferably in dublin city centre??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Did you buy it from a dealer?

If you did, then the length of the warranty is largely irrelevant. The car falls under the "expexted lifetime" grey area of consumer law. If you spent 5k on a car and only got 6 months out of it, that would not be it's expected lifetime.

It may be something small that costs less than 50 eiro to fix, but it could also be something bigger that could run into the thousands.

I would ring the (hopefully!) dealer you bought it from and calmly explain the situation. Ask them that you would like them to take the car for repair, and cover it under the warranty. Explain that a car that cost x should have an expected lifetime of MORE than 6 months.

That failing, maybe get in touch with SIMI. Their details can be found on google and can be very helpful.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, first get in touch with dealer.
    Once issue is diagnosed you can go from there. It could be something small and cheap to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not starting could be a number of issues from a simple dead battery to a more serious knackered engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 flackattacker

ok for the moment the car moves again, fingers crossed it holds out.

Advertisement